VW Jetta, any problems about them?

Aug. 25, 2005, 10 p.m.

Hey, im deciding on buying a 1994 Jetta, does anyone have any pro's/con's about them. If you've had any problems with yours id like to hear about it, and how much it cost to fix. Or if u know about them what does go wrong with them and such, anyways, hope to hear from you guys, later

Eric

Money Bags

Aug. 25, 2005, 10:13 p.m.

I fuckin VW's. They're drivers always think they're better than other people.. specially honda driver. What the shit is up with that? Its like they have some superioty complex b/c their german… but I wont get into that. They have excessive and unncessary wiring problems. They sold out their designer to ford which is they both suck.

Dont buy one - get a civic.. I have to go else I'd keep raggin on them :P

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Aug. 25, 2005, 10:18 p.m.

Jetta's rule… give 'r

Aug. 25, 2005, 10:18 p.m.

Buy a HONDA :bandit:

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Aug. 25, 2005, 10:19 p.m.

I fuckin VW's. They're drivers always think they're better than other people.. specially honda driver. What the shit is up with that? Its like they have some superioty complex b/c their german… but I wont get into that. They have excessive and unncessary wiring problems. They sold out their designer to ford which is they both suck.

Hate, why, or. Those are the words missing from your post :P

I don't have any personal experience with jettas, but I do hear that the maintenance and repair costs will probably be higher than with many other cars. Having said that, I really like the cars, so I guess you have to decide how much you like it.

Way back from the old school days of NSMB…

Aug. 25, 2005, 10:34 p.m.

Yeah VW's electronics can be a pain in the ass. But they are solid motors/cars. More fun to drive then many cars for the same kind of money though.

Aug. 25, 2005, 10:37 p.m.

i had a '94 diesel. Good to have in times like these. Watch out for leaking and CV joints. and headgaskets.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

Aug. 25, 2005, 10:52 p.m.

You sound like a Microsoft thumper bashing Apple.

Aug. 25, 2005, 10:59 p.m.

I have a 99 Jetta, bought new back then, and have had 0 problems with it. One thing you don't notice with VW's unless you own one are the subtle details. For example, the hinges for the trunk lid (the trunk is massive by the way). The hinges don't swing down into the trunk, but instead fold into themselves and take up no extra room. My buddy has a civic from the same era, and whenever he gives me a ride in it I can't help but feel like a lot of the interior has been cheaped out by the manufacturer. My Jetta provokes a sense of quality.

f e r g s :canada:

Aug. 25, 2005, 11 p.m.

If you refer to the Civic thread you'll see why we are giving the VW enthusiasts a hard time. ;)

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Aug. 25, 2005, 11:07 p.m.

No I sound like a guy who had a thread about civics turned into vw's rule all. So I've come to shit in this one. Kapeesh tonto :D

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Aug. 25, 2005, 11:50 p.m.

I test drove a '95…I was surprised at how cheap and thin it felt. Very bad impression here. I've been in Seand's '01 or 02 Golf and it was night and day better. Much more solid.
For the price you'll be paying for that 94…I'd buy something else.

Aug. 26, 2005, 12:32 a.m.

Loopie is right, VW's resale is to high for what you get.

I got my 92 with 150k on it, new tires, new paint (good stuff too), and well maintained for $1000 even so I figured im doing just fine.

Aug. 26, 2005, 10:14 a.m.

Yea the 1 im getting is a 94, 4 door, 4 cyl. professionally lowered, 17" wheels, panas. deck, 10" pioneer sub, 1200wat Xplod amp, new clutch, new tranny, new front brakes, new alarm, new tint, runs great, but i think the rear bearings have to be changed i hear some noise when we test drove it. The springs felt a little soft. and hes saying about 5900 is the lowest he would take, which is quite a bit of money, but for what hes done to it, i dont think hes losing to much.

Money Bags

Aug. 26, 2005, 10:19 a.m.

I wouldnt buy a car with even those mods on it, you know its been beaten to the ground.