very impressive guitar playing

June 15, 2006, 8:56 p.m.

Its funny how both you guys classify 'fret wankers' like they are all the same.

and then

I'll start a 'mediocre guitarist' thread for you if you like.

so you're saying if you're not a fret wanker you're medoicre, mais non monsieur…

each to his own. I'd be interested in finding out more to be honest…I'm just commenting on things I've seen in this thread…and really of the speedy gonzales type playing none of it's really impressed me from a taste perspective..I'll give it to them, they have good hnady work and creative playing styles

I play flamenco and latin/south american flavoured classical music too. Does that make me more important or special enough for my own thread?

June 15, 2006, 9:03 p.m.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download[HTML_REMOVED]ufid=811146D60577F822

June 15, 2006, 9:08 p.m.

I'm not a huge fan of the entire shred-as-fast-as-humanly-possible style of playing. Yeah, these guys are good players, but to me, the best players are ones who use a lot of slower, melodic soloing, but still can shred.

This is why I prefer Satriani to a Malmsteen type player, but I like my favourite players are guys like Teppei Teranishi, Chris Cheney, and Omar Rodriguez-Lopez.

June 15, 2006, 10:07 p.m.

and then

so you're saying if you're not a fret wanker you're medoicre, mais non monsieur…

each to his own. I'd be interested in finding out more to be honest…I'm just commenting on things I've seen in this thread…and really of the speedy gonzales type playing none of it's really impressed me from a taste perspective..I'll give it to them, they have good hnady work and creative playing styles

I play flamenco and latin/south american flavoured classical music too. Does that make me more important or special enough for my own thread?

Speed doesn't impress me either. Sheer speed anyone can do. Those guys have a lot more than just that. Some of those flamenco players have INCREDIBLE speed, but they also have a host of other talents that make it all so cool. I never said if you aren't a fret wanker you are mediocre. BB King anyone? You interpret it that way. One of my fav guitarists never plays fast (charlie hunter). This thread IS about speed and agility ect ect.

That said…Joe Strummer is a mediocre guitarist.

June 15, 2006, 10:09 p.m.

I'm not a huge fan of the entire shred-as-fast-as-humanly-possible style of playing. Yeah, these guys are good players, but to me, the best players are ones who use a lot of slower, melodic soloing, but still can shred.

This is why I prefer Satriani to a Malmsteen type player, but I like my favourite players are guys like Teppei Teranishi, Chris Cheney, and Omar Rodriguez-Lopez.

Word. Can't stand Malmsteen. I like a mix of virtuosity and feel as well.

June 15, 2006, 10:20 p.m.

Malmsteen is the shit. conventional weapons can't kill him. only nuclear ones can

MSN me at: [email protected]
www.bigringbikes.cjb.net
www.cyberetrothreads.com

June 15, 2006, 11:04 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0PbOk6GgmY[HTML_REMOVED]mode=suggested[HTML_REMOVED]search=fred%20durst%20guitar%20solo

:lol:

The CD signing was pretty funny. I liked the on-stage solo, but was he trying to be funny, or just piss people off?

Fitzy, you should follow my lead put your guitar for sale on Ebay.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 15, 2006, 11:19 p.m.

this guy rules it

June 15, 2006, 11:22 p.m.

Malmsteen is the shit. conventional weapons can't kill him. only nuclear ones can

dave mustaine would slap him like the bitch he is :)…well back in their heyday

June 16, 2006, 7:04 a.m.

dave mustaine would slap him like the bitch he is :)…well back in their heyday

Mustaine? No. Friedman, oh yes.

June 16, 2006, 7:36 a.m.

I meant physically - although as a riff man, Dave is up there. But yeah, I agree Friedman would slice him with his 'axe'…I've always had trouble taking him seriously with that permed hair though :)

June 16, 2006, 8:12 a.m.

Oh, well when Malmsteen was fat anyone could have kicked his ass :)

Friedman also has a 'hawkeye'. My buddy met him and wasn't sure which way he was looking.

June 16, 2006, 8:38 a.m.

lets talk about something less controvertial….like abortion.

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.

June 16, 2006, 9:50 a.m.

I unno man. I like Mustaine as a guitarist a hell of alot more than Malmsteen. Just interms of sound

MSN me at: [email protected]
www.bigringbikes.cjb.net
www.cyberetrothreads.com

June 16, 2006, 10:28 a.m.

malmsteen is a joke. he may be techincally adept, but who the hell wants to listen to that kind of wanking for any period of time.

my favourite was when he did eruption with one hand and covered his yawns with the other, because, well he is that good.

got a hint for you yingve…buy a wovel.

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.