very impressive guitar playing

June 14, 2006, 9:42 p.m.

Have you ever even listened to Satriani?
And I KNOW you didn't just call James Patrick Page a wanker

for the love of god? i'd rather listen to 5 minutes of masturbation.

zeppelin isn't bad, they could write a decent tune for for every ham-fisted wank-fest like achilles last stand.

June 15, 2006, 1:18 a.m.

for the love of god? i'd rather listen to 5 minutes of masturbation.

zeppelin isn't bad, they could write a decent tune for for every ham-fisted wank-fest like achilles last stand.

Note: NOT for talking out of, foolish boy. Come back when you've done your homework and learned to play an instrument.

shop smart, shop s-mart, mhm

June 15, 2006, 11:09 a.m.

I think what fitzy is getting at is this:

It's like nintendo vs ps3. The PS3 is spectaculary dazzling, impressive to look at but not all that fun to play. Nintendo may not have all that impressive benchmarking and hist like that, but it is a lot of fun to dink around with. It's like all those clips posted. Yeah, they rule at playing guitar, but they suck. you couldn't pop on an album and rock out to it, cuz the music sucks, regardless of how good the band is.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

June 15, 2006, 11:35 a.m.

I think what fitzy is getting at is this:

It's like nintendo vs ps3. The PS3 is spectaculary dazzling, impressive to look at but not all that fun to play. Nintendo may not have all that impressive benchmarking and hist like that, but it is a lot of fun to dink around with. It's like all those clips posted. Yeah, they rule at playing guitar, but they suck. you couldn't pop on an album and rock out to it, cuz the music sucks, regardless of how good the band is.

This coming from a guy that opens bottles with someone elses cock.

June 15, 2006, 11:43 a.m.

Fine: listen to shit - it keeps you quiet. Doesn't bother me one bit :)

Here's something you'll probably enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIUnvAFbsK0[HTML_REMOVED]search=fred%20durst%20guitar%20solo

June 15, 2006, 11:46 a.m.

These guys are like the Wade Simmons of mtb. You can appreciate that. They excel at their craft. You are just unable to appreciate it because you aren't a guitarist. Also, I'll remind you lots of them have been in very successful bands that have written many million dollar songs. These vids are just their wank fest ones.

June 15, 2006, 11:53 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0PbOk6GgmY[HTML_REMOVED]mode=suggested[HTML_REMOVED]search=fred%20durst%20guitar%20solo

:lol:

June 15, 2006, 11:55 a.m.

THank you ShoreIH for posting something good finally.

I'll post something that sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmyh_BTMHUA[HTML_REMOVED]mode=suggested[HTML_REMOVED]search=shawn%20lane

June 15, 2006, 2:39 p.m.

don't get yourselves in a hissy, ladies… one day you will grow out of it and realize how silly this anal instrument masturbation is.

and don't bother telling me i don't know anything about music…

June 15, 2006, 2:53 p.m.

lol, we're both older than you there champ ;)

Like Universe said, you aren't a musician, so you don't get it and probably never will. So stick with what's familiar and easy for you. :)

June 15, 2006, 5:25 p.m.

don't get yourselves in a hissy, ladies… one day you will grow out of it and realize how silly this anal instrument masturbation is.

This isn't about knowing about music. This is pure preference. I 'prefer' not to listen to shit. Simple.

June 15, 2006, 5:44 p.m.

it's funny how some people resort to technical knowledge to justify their tastes, not necessary. anyhow who needs to know how to play insturment to listen to one? if anything, it's the opposite, it take one hella effort to put back your musical knowledge and habits to feel the music again once you learn to play. something I think fret wankers ahven't mastered, in their antisocial, but masterful squealing. All of which is irrelevant, cos if you like it and it's harming no-one then good on ya.

i'm with you on the strummer thing…but with 'dance' moves like that, he shoulda stayed still. great stuff. jimmy did play a lot at times, much of it nonsensical. but drugs do that for you sometimes…I hear

June 15, 2006, 7:20 p.m.

it's funny how some people resort to technical knowledge to justify their tastes, not necessary. anyhow who needs to know how to play insturment to listen to one? if anything, it's the opposite, it take one hella effort to put back your musical knowledge and habits to feel the music again once you learn to play. something I think fret wankers ahven't mastered, in their antisocial, but masterful squealing. All of which is irrelevant, cos if you like it and it's harming no-one then good on ya.

i'm with you on the strummer thing…but with 'dance' moves like that, he shoulda stayed still. great stuff. jimmy did play a lot at times, much of it nonsensical. but drugs do that for you sometimes…I hear

this is all true, but the thing is i do play a guitar, among other instruments, and have so for quite a while. i recognize how virtuousic these guys are on the guitar, believe me, but their music contains so little artistic merit, and if you can't see that, there's no hope for you. this is what bothers me. it amazes me how someone could possible enjoy a knob like yngenie malmsteem over the clash.

anyways, i've outdone my monthly cynical post by a longshot…

June 15, 2006, 8:07 p.m.

Its funny how both you guys classify 'fret wankers' like they are all the same. That pretty much makes you as bad as the people who justify musical tastes using 'musical knowledge'. No matter how you slice it, its still preference in the end right? Malmsteen is a knob yes. I don't like his music. If you compare Malmsteen to Shawn Lane you shouldn't be in this thread. Then again, you guys probably don't know who Shawn Lane is either. Ever listened to his compositions? You should, unless its not a 'song' without lyrics.Fitzy you say their music doesn't contain merit. How much of it have you listened to? Are you just including classic shredders or have you REALLY listened so some of the artists posted? Anyway, this was a thread about guitarists, so what did you expect? I'll start a 'mediocre guitarist' thread for you if you like.

June 15, 2006, 8:44 p.m.

Its funny how both you guys classify 'fret wankers' like they are all the same. That pretty much makes you as bad as the people who justify musical tastes using 'musical knowledge'. No matter how you slice it, its still preference in the end right? Malmsteen is a knob yes. I don't like his music. If you compare Malmsteen to Shawn Lane you shouldn't be in this thread. Then again, you guys probably don't know who Shawn Lane is either. Ever listened to his compositions? You should, unless its not a 'song' without lyrics.Fitzy you say their music doesn't contain merit. How much of it have you listened to? Are you just including classic shredders or have you REALLY listened so some of the artists posted? Anyway, this was a thread about guitarists, so what did you expect? I'll start a 'mediocre guitarist' thread for you if you like.

that's fine and dandy - if you think the aesthetics of some fat fusion player and a classic 80's shredder differ that much, that's your call.

and please, don't infer that i think good music is a 3 minute pop song with "lyrics". instrumental music comes so much better than this pap, it's not even funny. and if you can't acknowledge that, you're ignorant.

this is pretty petty though, good day to you.