March 30, 2010, 10:53 p.m.

Fact: Bears eat beets

Bears.

beets.

battlestar galactica

:lol::lol:

nicely done!

March 30, 2010, 11:24 p.m.

What's the difference between 2 hockey player beating the piss out of eachother in a hockey game ?(something we condone) And 2 MMA fighters beating the piss out of eachother in the Octagon?(which got turned down). Nothing, so the claim on insurance makes no sense to me.

nobody is this dumb.

March 30, 2010, 11:28 p.m.

hockey players don't fight in their speedos?

March 30, 2010, 11:43 p.m.

Fact: Many of the fans of mma are tapout clad douche bags

Fact: Many of the fans of mma are not tapout clad douche bags

Fact: mma athletes are some of the hardest working, best conditioned athletes in the world.

Fact: Our city just missed out on $5-10 million in revenue with the cancellation of this event

Fact: there are as many 'gangsters' in the lower bowl of a canucks game as there would be at a ufc event.

Fact: I have seen dozens of fights at bc lions and canucks games in the crowd.

Fact: I have never seen a fight at any of the dozens of mma events i've been to. Many of which were held in very dodgy places(reserves, basements, wierd warehouses) that you would think would be very condusive to the crowd fighting.

Dont police pull you over for not being this man…

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

March 30, 2010, 11:46 p.m.

Who cares, ufc is played.

Clunking is for retards.

March 30, 2010, 11:58 p.m.

The narrow mindedness of non fight fans amazes me.

March 31, 2010, 12:01 a.m.

I watched the last ufc, and am a fan, but really who cares? Vancouver has no fun after 12 anyways:P.

Mma is a fringe sport, and most of the athletes aren't very good mma fighters.

Clunking is for retards.

March 31, 2010, 12:25 a.m.

Why can't the city make money engendering other fun or cultural activities? I bet they could make a hell of a lot more than a measly $5M with a world-class jazz festival with some truly big name performers (as opposed to the half-assed jazz fest we have now).

Kn.

I can't stand jazz, sounds like a bunch of bees getting kicked in a bag.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

March 31, 2010, 5:28 a.m.

As much as you guys like to characterize a jazz festival as something for the "over fifty" group, there is a huge age range and demographic that is interested in jazz, and that was just one example I threw out there. There are a lot of other fun or cultural (or both) events that appeal to a wide audience and are much less of a headache to the city than some stupid blood sport.

Honestly, I get a good lol when you guys try to debate the finer points and strategies of mma. It's about hitting and blood and it appeals to a group that is attracted to hitting and blood. Even boxing is a lot more refined than mma, and the crowd that attends a high-profile boxing match is nothing close to the crowd attending a mma match.

The city can host a lot of activities and generate plenty of income without bringing in mma so I can see their POV when they try to cover their asses before allowing it.

BTW, before you suggest that I'm opposed to mma events … I'm not, really. I just don't really care whether it comes here or not. I think it's a bit stupid but hey, if you want to distract yourself from your miserable life with a show of violence, then go nuts. But I can see that the city would care a lot and would be super cautious about it.

Kn.

explain how boxing is more refined?

March 31, 2010, 5:48 a.m.

thanks for the insight.

I can only imagine the amazingly well thought out points of view you have spashed onto this site to achieve so many red circles next to your 0 rep in less than a month of membership

well done champ

post of the year, without a doubt.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 31, 2010, 7:41 a.m.

Fewer dudes with their legs wrapped around each other?

March 31, 2010, 8:15 a.m.

Blood is rarely spilled in a boxing match. It happens occasionally, but not every match (like, oh mma for example).

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 31, 2010, 8:24 a.m.

March 31, 2010, 8:34 a.m.

Blood is rarely spilled in a boxing match. It happens occasionally, but not every match (like, oh mma for example).
Kn.

Broad statement, could be true.
I'm curious, how many MMA matches have you watched that would enable you to say it?

I'll take a cut or two over a 10 round pummeling by some guy that could knock out a horse any day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcZPxFQIxvg

March 31, 2010, 8:51 a.m.

bwwwwaaaahahahahahahaha!!! awesome!