Vancouver Shooting

Aug. 13, 2007, 10:04 p.m.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=a2e3a397-5878-4c94-bfb3-aa00800cb5c3[HTML_REMOVED]k=8147

One of the victims have been identified.

I'm suprised I didn't see a thread about it.

Aug. 13, 2007, 10:09 p.m.

Does the fact that mountainbikers dont really care about those involved with gangs really surprise you?

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 13, 2007, 10:12 p.m.

It was vancouver biggest shooting, and made news outlets around the world. 8 people shot man, this isn't some pussy surey jack going to raid his grow up.

Aug. 13, 2007, 10:15 p.m.

It was vancouver biggest shooting, and made news outlets around the world. 8 people shot man, this isn't some pussy surey jack going to raid his grow up.

apperntly its less important than making sure people dont sleep in there truck with the keys in there pocket around here right hooli :zzz:

Aug. 13, 2007, 10:15 p.m.

This was a block from my house and totally messed up my commute.

Aug. 13, 2007, 10:17 p.m.

I dont know how else to say it….we just dont care about these types of guys…..If I was a big fan of Bubble tea,I might be concerned,but really,Im paying more attention to things like the dollar and the sub prime mortgage fiasco……not some low level idiots shooting each other randomly.

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 13, 2007, 10:20 p.m.

If I was a big fan of Bubble tea,I might be concerned

It wasn't a bubble tea place. It was a chinese food place with the worst service in the history of mankind. Also, from what I understand, someone got shot there a couple new years' ago.

Aug. 13, 2007, 10:22 p.m.

^^werd, maybe if it had been two guys shooting totally random innocent people there would of been more people worked up about it, but dude, the guys who pulled it off targeted the competition, kind of tcb, gang style so yeah, nobody cares.

Aug. 14, 2007, 12:15 a.m.

I never really knew Zack that well, but a lot of my friends are a mess right now. The last couple days have been soo depressing around town. His mom is a really well respected dance teacher in the community and is taking it quite hard.

http://www.finalgear.com

Aug. 14, 2007, 5:49 a.m.

I dont know how else to say it….we just dont care about these types of guys…..If I was a big fan of Bubble tea,I might be concerned,but really,Im paying more attention to things like the dollar and the sub prime mortgage fiasco……not some low level idiots shooting each other randomly.

actually, i'm just a little concerned that this kind of gun violence is happening here (regardless of the perps ethnicity or gang affiliation) - esp. if it's indicative of changing sociocultural trends. more people packing heat = a greater likelihood that some innocent bystander is going to catch a stray bullet, more physical altercations will turn ugly, etc. i'd like to think it's a singular random occurrence, but it seems more boomsticks are being waved about these days.

Aug. 14, 2007, 8:49 a.m.

actually, i'm just a little concerned that this kind of gun violence is happening here (regardless of the perps ethnicity or gang affiliation) - esp. if it's indicative of changing sociocultural trends. more people packing heat = a greater likelihood that some innocent bystander is going to catch a stray bullet, more physical altercations will turn ugly, etc. i'd like to think it's a singular random occurrence, but it seems more boomsticks are being waved about these days.

herein lies the problem. most people, myself included, dont care when gangsters are killing each other, one less bad guy. these things , however, often spill over and innocent people can be in the line of fire. what causes this? who knows really, my personal opinion is that its a combination of urbanization and the virtual ghetto-ization which has occurred with respect to ethnic groups in our major populated centres.

Aug. 14, 2007, 9:07 a.m.

Meanwhile, on Monday, a group created in Ferland's memory on the popular social networking website Facebook had more than 350 members.

Since when do journalists start reporting on what happened on Facebook after the fact.

Aug. 14, 2007, 9:08 a.m.

i heard cops just shot a chain wielding guy last night or something.

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.

Aug. 14, 2007, 9:24 a.m.

who goes for food at 4 am anyways? fairly obvious who these diners cater to.

Aug. 14, 2007, 9:29 a.m.

who goes for food at 4 am anyways? fairly obvious who these diners cater to.

Stoners?

This space intentionally left blank.