Vancouver is going to Hell....where is the Outrage!

Dec. 27, 2015, 2:12 p.m.

Disagree. HOV lane speed is speed limit plus 5 or 10 km/hr over. If you want faster than that, use the fast lane.

I enjoy asking people to show me where the fast lane is. "Well I'm going 10 over the limit I can be in the fast lane" there needs to be a campaign on what to do and not to do while you are in the passing lane.

yeah bro!!

Dec. 27, 2015, 7:02 p.m.

How about where the hov is should be the real passing lane or an express from the port Mann to dt and the hov should be curb side. How many lanes do you have to merge across to get to the hov? Plain old stupid design, won't call it engineering.

Some people will take a couple kilometers to pass when they do a massive one kilometer hour faster than you, so it likely wouldn't help.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 27, 2015, 8:27 p.m.

Three hours of work at home for me is equal to seven or eight in any office. They are so fucking distracting.

Last job I had the two bosses where smart enough to realize the less you bothered me the more work I got done. So pretty much left me alone.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 28, 2015, 12:09 a.m.

I enjoy asking people to show me where the fast lane is. "Well I'm going 10 over the limit I can be in the fast lane" there needs to be a campaign on what to do and not to do while you are in the passing lane.

I wonder how many tickets the police have issued for slowing up the passing lane/ impeding traffic.

What if each lane had an incremental minimum speed instead of a maximum.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 28, 2015, 12:19 a.m.

I wonder how many tickets the police have issued for slowing up the passing lane/ impeding traffic.

What if each lane had an incremental minimum speed instead of a maximum.

I saw a report in the news in the Fall that said it was very small (I think about 5). I think the ticket thing is mostly bluster (its an "awareness" campaign) and don't think its a huge priority for the cops (like compared to, say, donuts).

Dec. 28, 2015, 1:52 p.m.

I saw a report in the news in the Fall that said it was very small (I think about 5). I think the ticket thing is mostly bluster (its an "awareness" campaign) and don't think its a huge priority for the cops (like compared to, say, donuts).

As much as we like to joke about that, their priority this time of year is roadblocks; 8+ officer road checks on bridges usually and one lone car at the end for runaways.

On that note, I think cabbies should have to shut the meter off and be "inspected" just like the rest of us at roadblocks.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 29, 2015, 6:12 p.m.

I live in North Burnaby and most of my work is on the shore, everyday is a battle getting there and getting home…im seriously considering buying a boat or a motorcycle
Today was 2.5 to get home from West Vancouver.

+1 on the motorcycle.
back in April I sold my daily driver Ford F150 and bought a brand new Honda crf250l from the dealer for $6800.
- gas bill went from $700/month to $75/month … no bullshit.
- commute time was cut in half
- hardly affected by traffic chaos (as long as you are comfortable occasionally bending the rules)

mainly driving to and from work I have put 14000km to date.
best decision ever.

as for the weather.. 80% of THIS year has been great, making my commute and absolute blast.. and with the right gear the other 20% of the time isn't that bad.

That photo was taken during a spontaneous afterwork trip..
get off work in North Van -[HTML_REMOVED] Hope -[HTML_REMOVED] Lillooet -[HTML_REMOVED] Pemberton -[HTML_REMOVED] Squamish (camp the night) -[HTML_REMOVED] straight into work in the morning.

Builder for hire.

Dec. 30, 2015, 10:45 p.m.

Map it please…..

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 30, 2015, 11:52 p.m.

+1 on the motorcycle.
back in April I sold my daily driver Ford F150 and bought a brand new Honda crf250l from the dealer for $6800.
- gas bill went from $700/month to $75/month … no bullshit.
- commute time was cut in half
- hardly affected by traffic chaos (as long as you are comfortable occasionally bending the rules)

mainly driving to and from work I have put 14000km to date.
best decision ever.

as for the weather.. 80% of THIS year has been great, making my commute and absolute blast.. and with the right gear the other 20% of the time isn't that bad.

That photo was taken during a spontaneous afterwork trip..
get off work in North Van -[HTML_REMOVED] Hope -[HTML_REMOVED] Lillooet -[HTML_REMOVED] Pemberton -[HTML_REMOVED] Squamish (camp the night) -[HTML_REMOVED] straight into work in the morning.

OK that's it…Husqvarna 701 on order!

Jan. 1, 2016, 4:37 p.m.

Map it please…..

https://goo.gl/maps/46PTWDMHph22

Builder for hire.

Jan. 1, 2016, 11:51 p.m.

North Van -[HTML_REMOVED] Hope -[HTML_REMOVED] Lillooet -[HTML_REMOVED] Pemberton -[HTML_REMOVED] Squamish (camp the night) -[HTML_REMOVED] straight into work in the morning.

Oh duh. My bad. Lazy reading + pic duped me into thinking trip was whole or in part off-road. Long freaking after work ride though, guess you're enamoured with your new bike, eh?

I remember in the '80's some guys from the shop hired a boat to take them to the head of Indian Arm and then rode to Squamish. On bicycles.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 2, 2016, 6:39 a.m.

Love the people who sit doing 97 in the passing lane in a 100kmh zone.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 2, 2016, 8:37 a.m.

Oh duh. My bad. Lazy reading + pic duped me into thinking trip was whole or in part off-road. Long freaking after work ride though, guess you're enamoured with your new bike, eh?

I remember in the '80's some guys from the shop hired a boat to take them to the head of Indian Arm and then rode to Squamish. On bicycles.

Easy to solve…take the Harrison east instead of the canyon.

And grab a left at squish, spin along past brittania, take the left at the fc golf course, climb to the top, over the chain link, rip the cap valley to the skyride, over the chain link again and ride back across the top of NV, through to twin bridges and across the lower trails to home. Fun ride, just don't end up riding out of the watershed in the gvwd truck

Ride More Bitch Less

Jan. 2, 2016, 1:40 p.m.

A few of the Steed guys did that this summer. They said it was over by lunch and about 10% the fun of a typical Squamish ride.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Jan. 2, 2016, 2:10 p.m.

I did that a few years ago. Definitely not a trail ride, but very nice views.