Vancouver is going to Hell....where is the Outrage!

Dec. 22, 2015, 4:31 p.m.

massey tunnel on a friday evening

I left Fleetwood at 240 going back to marpole.. and saw this.

91a east: backed up from knight.

99south : 91a off ramp to 99 south backed up onto knight exit to 91 east. I turned off at park from oak with no problems since traffic was solid stopped on oak south.

Rain adds another dimension to Vancouver traffic and always as. Cant wait for snow.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 22, 2015, 4:35 p.m.

Because most people working in trades work all over the lower mainland and work for companies so they have no say in where the jobs are being bid?

Or maybe your trade isn't needed within that magical 2km radius? Then what..?

Dec. 22, 2015, 4:42 p.m.

So, what if traffic didn't have to consider pedestrians? Like sidewalks were either elevated or subterranean, or vice versa, roads are underground and what not. Why cant 41st from sw marine be double levelled to both Metrotown and end somewhere around Edmonds or cariboo rd? That'd be the express route too.

We cant deny saving 10-20 seconds almost every light cycle in rush hour would be (possibly) huge.

Dec. 22, 2015, 4:47 p.m.

We/they seriously need to implement a circulatory traffic system. Or more of one.

Let's install some British style roundabouts.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 22, 2015, 5:05 p.m.

If you were busing last night, you would have been stuck for just as long as everyone else.

Yes i sat in the warm bus while happily entertaining myself on my smart phone. You see i know of traffic jams. Nothing new.
Nope i was not stuck like every one else. I got off the nice warm friendly bus and passed about a hundred miserable people in cars. On my bike.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Dec. 22, 2015, 5:21 p.m.

Let's install some British style roundabouts.

Italian ones have more flow.

Dec. 22, 2015, 5:35 p.m.

Italian ones have more flow.

They are the "Dangerous Dans" of the roundabout world. (So many allegorical metaphors in there).

With any luck the robots will take over all the work and we can just stay home and do what we want.

Until my robot fires your robot and you have to drive into work to pick it up and take its shit home.

Dec. 22, 2015, 6:03 p.m.

If live in Burnaby and you work in construction why are you bidding on jobs in West Van / Bowen / Spanish Banks???

How rad would you day be if you kept to jobs to a 2km radius from you place.

I am positive there is some other construction guy grumbling about his commute from somewhere else into your hood.

By the time you factor in the commuting costs are you really making much extra working on the bling homes of West Van?

only bidding on jobs close to home is a short path to business failure.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 22, 2015, 6:57 p.m.

Because most people working in trades work all over the lower mainland and work for companies so they have no say in where the jobs are being bid?

This, and my truck is my tool box…if I took jobs in Burnaby I could only afford to live in Surrey Langley lol.
I like the idea of allowing commercial vehicles to use HOV or exempt from rush hour tolls.

Upper levels backed up to 22nd, just got home.

Dec. 22, 2015, 7:14 p.m.

This, and my truck is my tool box…if I took jobs in Burnaby I could only afford to live in Surrey Langley lol.
I like the idea of allowing commercial vehicles to use HOV or exempt from rush hour tolls.

Upper levels backed up to 22nd, just got home.

200 street exit eastbound on hwy 1 is likely now one of the worst spots east of the ironworkers bridge. I normally work surrey to Chilliwack, but sometimes other spots in the lower mainland.

Dec. 22, 2015, 7:36 p.m.

200 street exit eastbound on hwy 1 is likely now one of the worst spots east of the ironworkers bridge. I normally work surrey to Chilliwack, but sometimes other spots in the lower mainland.

Have to agree despite how bad the 91 is. At least west of 200th. I've seen westbound #1 backed up between clearbrook and mccallum until it opens up at 200th. 91a is about 17km to the Alex Fraser, pretty sure we can ballpark 40~ km for 200th to clearbook.

Even when I'm stuck in eastbound lanes I'm at least pacing decently until around 264th which people use the exit to bypass some traffic, I can look left over the divide and see they're barely moving.

We need a west coast express under the middle of that divide on the #1 for people who dont carry tools/move things. Easily can put a tbm from the grade at .. the exit/interchange where Fraser hwy meets up (cant recall the exit name) to somewhere. Maybe build a train bridge beside the golden ears bridge to continue on the pre existing tracks to dt.

Dec. 22, 2015, 7:39 p.m.

I left Fleetwood at 240 going back to marpole.. and saw this.

91a east: backed up from knight.

99south : 91a off ramp to 99 south backed up onto knight exit to 91 east. I turned off at park from oak with no problems since traffic was solid stopped on oak south.

Rain adds another dimension to Vancouver traffic and always as. Cant wait for snow.

today was like Friday! glad to have HOV access when the lineup goes beyond the curvature of Earth

Dec. 22, 2015, 7:43 p.m.

today was like Friday! glad to have HOV access when the lineup goes beyond the curvature of Earth

Just be glad your werent on the southside of the tunnel heading north… That is also heinous. Fuck it's all heinous when it comes down to it.

Dec. 22, 2015, 7:52 p.m.

I'm sure trades add to the traffic but I don't buy that reason/article as the sole source of traffic woes.

Jeebus … :rolleyes:

The article is reporting results of a study … like sciency shit. They pretty much know what's up. Also, there was no claim that construction trades were the sole source but rather the primary source.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 22, 2015, 7:54 p.m.

I remember the days before they built overpasses at Lonsdale and Westview. Rather, there were two massive traffic light controlled intersections. Now that was a clusterfuck. Add into the mix a full ferry dumping trying to make it through there and it went up to full metal clusterfuck.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.