Vancouver is going to Hell....where is the Outrage!

Dec. 21, 2015, 9:16 p.m.

Traffic….its a symptom. Have you noticed how disgusting traffics been in the last few years? It's getting worse and worse, if you're on the north shore you know what I mean. It's bad allll day long, but if something happens on one bridge or another good luck getting off the shore within 2.5 hrs.

Why…densification /high rise condos being jammed in everywhere. Big business capitalizing on the demand….paying of members of municipal to let it happen. But what about infrastructure, water supplies, sewer,…. Friggen roads!
It already takes Lynn Vally an hour to get on a backed up highway…guess what, more condos and even a few high rises coming to you Lynn Vally. And your not alone as a community.

Stop it, it's stupid! Gridlock will soon be at your front door!

Dec. 21, 2015, 9:21 p.m.

We should vote on some transit initiatives that might help fix it. Oh wait.

Dec. 21, 2015, 9:35 p.m.

We should vote on some transit initiatives that might help fix it. Oh wait.

While rich tower builders March on and people within the government get rich with pay offs….but nothing happens to keep our infrastructure on par with densification….and infrastructure means much more than traffic or gridlock, think health care and everyday convenience becomeing a battle.

Dec. 21, 2015, 9:35 p.m.

It literally took me 45 min to get from Grand Blvd to Mtn hwy a few days back on Keith, that's insane.

Dec. 21, 2015, 9:44 p.m.

It literally took me 45 min to get from Grand Blvd to Mtn hwy a few days back on Keith, that's insane.

I live in North Burnaby and most of my work is on the shore, everyday is a battle getting there and getting home…im seriously considering buying a boat or a motorcycle
Today was 2.5 to get home from West Vancouver.

Dec. 21, 2015, 9:57 p.m.

I am all for densification. When placed on rapid transit routes, or in city cores it works. When infrastructure is created (or at least considered first, it works.

What is going on in NVan is concerning. Traffic is already a disaster, but there seems to be no plan to improve movement on and off the shore, yet more and more multi unit development are being built.

Dec. 21, 2015, 9:57 p.m.

Friday afternoon it took about a half hour to get from HS Bay to Van City Centre via public transit. A hop, skip (skytrain ride) and a jump later I was at my destination.

Oh The Huge Manatee!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 21, 2015, 10:14 p.m.

I am all for densification. When placed on rapid transit routes, or in city cores it works. When infrastructure is created (or at least considered first, it works.

What is going on in NVan is concerning. Traffic is already a disaster, but there seems to be no plan to improve movement on and off the shore, yet more and more multi unit development are being built.

Amen! Concerning indeed good sir…

Dec. 21, 2015, 10:17 p.m.

Friday afternoon it took about a half hour to get from HS Bay to Van City Centre via public transit. A hop, skip (skytrain ride) and a jump later I was at my destination.

Oh The Huge Manatee!

tourist non driver win experience…congrats!

Dec. 21, 2015, 10:32 p.m.

tourist non driver win experience…congrats!

The lady friend wanted to come pick me up from HSB then double back on a Friday evening. I told her that's the sealiest thing I've ever heard.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 21, 2015, 11:20 p.m.

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011/10/06/the-true-cost-of-commuting/

More people need to actually understand the math in this.

Dec. 22, 2015, 1:08 a.m.

^I recall hearing about commute times of people at the Coast when I was still in my teens and recognizing how absurd that was.

Dec. 22, 2015, 2:28 a.m.

I drove out to Horseshoe Bay at 5pm. The traffic jam heading east was backed up to the Cypress Park exit. Took me a couple hours to drive back to North Vancouver.

Problem is that if there is an accident, it is taking MUCH longer to clear. Even an accident with little damage and no injuries has emergency crews blocking everything off for a long time. A basic rear ender in the middle of the bridge, with hardly any damage, will have both parties stop and call police. In the past, they would have driven to the nearest exit and swapped info there.

There's also a lot of assholes drivers. They try to get ahead by taking bus only lanes and then cutting in. On Marine Drive, buses were blocked for a long time because of some shitheads trying to get a few cars ahead. Then there are the stupid drivers who enter intersections when the lane ahead isn't clear, blocking the intersection.

As for the population density, the local government won't do anything. They continue to allow more real estate to be built so that they can collect new tax revenue.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 22, 2015, 4:10 a.m.

I live in North Burnaby and most of my work is on the shore, everyday is a battle getting there and getting home…im seriously considering buying a boat or a motorcycle
Today was 2.5 to get home from West Vancouver.

So, you're actually part of the problem! North Burnaby to Lions gate bridge on a bike is about 45 minutes every time, and includes an workout instead of the gym. What's your excuse?

We moved out of Lynn Valey in 2003 because of the traffic to the bridge. Now we rarely deal with it, either biking through it, which is a hoot, or driving outside of main rush hour times.

Dec. 22, 2015, 4:17 a.m.

As for the population density, the local government won't do anything. They continue to allow more real estate to be built so that they can collect new tax revenue.

The local government won't do anything without a transit plebecite vote to cover their asses if taxes go up. The no to increased taxes people voted down the ability to add transit.

Same as with increasing population - increase taxes to cover increasing costs, or increase population base to cover increased cost with the same taxes.