Vancouver company moj.io turns your stupid car into a smart car

Dec. 1, 2012, 3:47 p.m.

Hey Guys!

So I haven't posted in a loooong time. I've been a bit removed from the mountain bike community since I shattered my knee. I'm hoping to get back into it next summer and have some more mountain bike video content for you guys.

Recently I have started my own video production business with a buddy and things have been going great. We had been working on this video since August, and are super stoked to have it launched.

The product is super cool and I think most of you will find it very useful.

http://www.indiegogo.com/getmojio

We made the Vancouver Sun today too :)

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/11/30/vancouver-company-moj-io-turns-your-stupid-car-into-a-smart-car/

Let me know what what you think!

Geoff

BATTLECAT

Dec. 1, 2012, 4:18 p.m.

Video was used to constantly tell us that everything is online except our cars. Video did not convince me that having my car online would really be worth shit. The GPS would be cool in the case that someone steals your car, but chances are the thieves are going to remove the bright orange tracking device right beside the steering wheel.

They might sell a few parents on the ability to cyber stalk their kids while using the family vehicle I suppose.

Dec. 1, 2012, 8:27 p.m.

Ther term "cloud" was used. I'm sold!

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 1, 2012, 8:39 p.m.

My tdi is smarter than you.

Dec. 1, 2012, 8:45 p.m.

My f 350 already knows where it is,if it's broken and when it's time for a service. It also emails the dealership for either of the last two things. It will also call 911 if I wreck.

what more do you need?

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 2, 2012, 2:43 a.m.

My f 350 already knows where it is,if it's broken and when it's time for a service. It also emails the dealership for either of the last two things. It will also call 911 if I wreck.

what more do you need?

smarter drivers?

Dec. 2, 2012, 12:13 p.m.

I like the idea. However, the promo video needs to convince me why I need it, rather than what it is capable of doing. For example: driving to meet somebody for an early morning ride? Prepare a text message that says "I'll be there in 20 min" and have it send the text when it estimates you're 20 min away based on a mapping application.

Dec. 2, 2012, 12:15 p.m.

any car into a smart car?

so this:

into this…

sounds like alchemy to me

Dec. 2, 2012, 12:16 p.m.

smarter drivers?

Is there such a thing?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 2, 2012, 1:45 p.m.

No comments on the lady!?!

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Dec. 2, 2012, 2:01 p.m.

Is there such a thing?

Yes, they don't live in cities. Or Alberta.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Dec. 2, 2012, 2:23 p.m.

No comments on the lady!?!

Her [HTML_REMOVED] I could have all sorts of nappy haired ginger babies!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 2, 2012, 3:42 p.m.

what more do you need?

Geofencing capabilities, so your boss can give you shit when you go outside of the jobsite. And speed monitoring, so he can crap on you when you exceed 50kph. Don't we all want and need this type of monitoring?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 3, 2012, 1:48 p.m.

Don't you think this would be better targeted at commercial users (in tamper-proof form), like fleet operators (delivery companies, car rental companies, taxi, limo and transit services, commercial car and truck fleets, government fleets etc) and such rather than Joe Blows? If your workers are heading off to the No 6 Orange on your coin in your company fleet truck, you would want to know. It is less intrusive and less illegal than trying to attach a beacon to your employees, since the vehicle is technically your property.

Dec. 3, 2012, 2:01 p.m.

It already exists for the corporate market. Looks like these guys want to target the consumer market.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells