Vaccines for all of us... assuming all the people under 40 left this forum.

April 25, 2021, 12:38 a.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: Hepcat

Posted by: XXX_er

Im not sure where you get the idea it only applies to attenuated virus.

the same place where he gets his ideas for all his bonkers threads, wacko land

April 25, 2021, 9:42 a.m.

All I said was gene therapy. I didnt say which gene or type of cell. IOW, I didnt mention DNA. Can you call it a vaccine when it subs in something else instead of an attenuated virus to illicit a reaction? I'll meet you somewhere along the way at "experimental vaccine" should be used during phrasing every damn time sir...?

It is not gene therapy. Please try and understand the definition of terms before using them. Gene therapy, by definition, involves DNA.

Yes, a vaccine can be any substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity. Im not sure where you get the idea it only applies to attenuated virus.

Because I look at the human body too simply and similarly. Such as fake sugars like Xylitol and Sorbital. They dont produce an insulin response so diabetics can enjoy sweet things. So those two are obviously not called "sugar".  So I look at an immune response the same way. If I want to protect myself against the virus, I would like to have the exact same one in my body, to protect against the same one by producing the exact respone needed. If the vaccine does not contain any piece of the virus, what guarantee is there for me? And, maybe I've seen too many movie's but doesnt each corona strain require its own vaccine similar to how the annual flu shot targets only one strain? Sure, there could be overlap but... am I wrong in thinking its patchwork at best?

April 25, 2021, 9:43 a.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

I thought you were trying to quit me?

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on April 25, 2021, 9:46 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 25, 2021, 10:27 a.m.

All I said was gene therapy. I didnt say which gene or type of cell. IOW, I didnt mention DNA. Can you call it a vaccine when it subs in something else instead of an attenuated virus to illicit a reaction? I'll meet you somewhere along the way at "experimental vaccine" should be used during phrasing every damn time sir...?

It is not gene therapy. Please try and understand the definition of terms before using them. Gene therapy, by definition, involves DNA.

Yes, a vaccine can be any substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity. Im not sure where you get the idea it only applies to attenuated virus.

Because I look at the human body too simply and similarly. Such as fake sugars like Xylitol and Sorbital. They dont produce an insulin response so diabetics can enjoy sweet things. So those two are obviously not called "sugar".  So I look at an immune response the same way. If I want to protect myself against the virus, I would like to have the exact same one in my body, to protect against the same one by producing the exact respone needed. If the vaccine does not contain any piece of the virus, what guarantee is there for me? And, maybe I've seen too many movie's but doesnt each corona strain require its own vaccine similar to how the annual flu shot targets only one strain? Sure, there could be overlap but... am I wrong in thinking its patchwork at best?

That's your thought process? Holy fuck man, humble yourself and learn a thing from an expert in their field. 

Immunization hesitation is killing people, who the fuck would think it's a good idea to interject purposely inane BS into that conversation.

April 25, 2021, 11:01 a.m.

Ignore the troll.  He’s not here to engage in adult conversation.

It’s unfortunate that this forum software doesn’t have pinkbike style up/down voting.  We could vanish all the dumb noise.

April 25, 2021, 11:36 a.m.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/business/covid-vaccines-second-doses.html

of the Americans who were smart enough to get the first shot 8 % ( 5million people ) were not smart enough to get shot # 2, the problem in the USA will not be getting enough shots it will be getting people lined up TO take the shot

I had a paddling buddy who was really smart but went manic , I visited him on the 3rd floor of PGRH where they lock you in and out of the elevator (AKA the psyc ward) so when shogun posts inane bulshit on 10 threads in a row he often remind me of the guy we used to call "crazy Bob" for fun, the crazy part anyway cuz Bob was way smarter but after he was commited we had to drop the crazy moniker

Last edited by: XXX_er on April 25, 2021, 1:16 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 25, 2021, 6:04 p.m.

That's your thought process? Holy fuck man, humble yourself and learn a thing from an expert in their field. 

Immunization hesitation is killing people, who the fuck would think it's a good idea to interject purposely inane BS into that conversation.

I thought admitting that was humbling myself ;)

Once again, what are your qualifications?

April 25, 2021, 9:36 p.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

Posted by: XXX_er

Im not sure where you get the idea it only applies to attenuated virus.

Disagrees with something, so it must be wrong.

April 25, 2021, 9:59 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Disagrees with something, so it must be wrong.

Or it’s wrong, so it must be wrong.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on April 25, 2021, 10:24 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 26, 2021, 8:52 a.m.

I got mine of Friday and felt like I had a hangover on Saturday.  I was back to feeling normal by Sunday.  My wife also got hers on Friday and had more or less the same reaction.  Let the antibody production begin!

April 26, 2021, 9 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I got mine of Friday and felt like I had a hangover on Saturday.  I was back to feeling normal by Sunday.  My wife also got hers on Friday and had more or less the same reaction.  Let the antibody production begin!

Same.  Saturday felt like I had 12 hour jet lag.

In other news, mass vax uptake in Prince Rupert yields great results!  

https://globalnews.ca/news/7787626/prince-rupert-vaccination/

April 26, 2021, 9:46 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

That is really nice to see.  I hope that works for us in the Sea to Sky as well as it did in Rupert.  I am not sure how strong the community buy in is here.

April 26, 2021, 10:58 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

That is really nice to see.  I hope that works for us in the Sea to Sky as well as it did in Rupert.  I am not sure how strong the community buy in is here.

Yeah, unfortunately that's the heart of the granola 5g tinfoil it'll change our dna and make us mutants community ...

April 26, 2021, 10:58 a.m.

So the vax worked  but 85% of adults in PR got the jab which is a super high buy in, dunno if it means anything but well over 30% of PR and surrounding area is FN   

One can only hope the rest of BC will vax in high numbers

America is scary as usual,  40% of republicans are not not getting the jab,  8% of people who got the 1st jab did not come back for #2, i think they will run out of arms before they run out of vax

April 26, 2021, 12:38 p.m.

So how do you figure out what they gonna' stick you with? Web site donesn't seem to say specifically but does mention they're running out of the AZ this week, 'cause it was in pharmacies so not govt. registered sites?