upcoming federal election

Feb. 3, 2015, 4:50 p.m.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/foreign-affairs-minister-john-baird-to-resign-1.2217943

"However, Fife reports that Baird is currently in a position to collect a $100,000-plus pension when he reaches 55 years of age. Under new MP pension rules, if Baird had sought re-election again this year, he wouldn’t be able to collect that sum until age 65."

He is 45 now so another 10 years and buddy will be collecting 100k per year

there should be a law where if mp's are working after they leave office they should only be eligible to collect pension monies that would top them up to a total of $100K in compenation. ie, if they're working and earning $75K then they can only collect a pension of $25K.

considering that most high ranking mp's will go on to earn in excess of $100K, they shouldn't be collecting pensions while they are working. one of the benefits of working in public office are the connection one makes while serving the public.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 3, 2015, 5:06 p.m.

Do I need to google this to see what the context was or should I take your word for it that this is all he said?

I gave a link a page or so back. I couldn't find the complete interview, but the complete sentence is"

"the commitment needs to be a commitment to grow the economy and the budget will balance itself"

So essentially if we don't fuck shit all up we probably won't have to get too stressed about balancing the budget.

Feb. 3, 2015, 6:03 p.m.

yeah but the law is what the law is so if Baird runs again he is leaving 1 million + on the table … its a no brainer

Feb. 3, 2015, 9:57 p.m.

"If voting made any difference, they wouldnt let us do it" -Mark Twain.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Feb. 4, 2015, 12:04 p.m.

I'm voting Green Party. They need to gain more seats, get more say, and show the party in power that there is a pushback against relaxing environmental regulations.

Remember when voting for a party also increased their per vote subsidy? Parties could count on financial support based on how many people voted for them.

Now party budgets are based on how much disposable income their supporters have. Democracy at it's worst.

Thanks, Harper.

Feb. 4, 2015, 12:11 p.m.

harper's new campaign bus is ready

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 5, 2015, 6:31 p.m.

Is Harper going to do anything about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkBiv5ZD7s

www.natooke.com

Feb. 5, 2015, 7:35 p.m.

Is Harper going to do anything about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkBiv5ZD7s

Corporate tax cut?

Feb. 6, 2015, 2:05 a.m.

just in case there's any doubt about how much suck harper brings to this nation, have a read on our government's stance on veterans' affairs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/paul-franklin/harper-veterans-prove-lost-legs_b_6624358.html

isn't that nice.

Ellen Langer

Feb. 6, 2015, 7:13 a.m.

just in case there's any doubt about how much suck harper brings to this nation, have a read on our government's stance on veterans' affairs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/paul-franklin/harper-veterans-prove-lost-legs_b_6624358.html

isn't that nice.

Ask the Liberals what their stance is on the Armed Forces. That pussy made a dick joke about getting involved against ISIS and here the Jordanian King is flying in the bombing raids.

Feb. 6, 2015, 7:35 a.m.

Ask the Liberals what their stance is on the Armed Forces. That pussy made a dick joke about getting involved against ISIS and here the Jordanian King is flying in the bombing raids.

you mean like the 18 vets that are running as Liberals in the next election? I think most people would love to see Harper go get his hands dirty in a war, but we all know he only likes saying he supports the military to try and garner political points, but when it comes down to it they're just another group to ignore and take funding away from.

Feb. 6, 2015, 7:43 a.m.

you mean like the 18 vets that are running as Liberals in the next election? I think most people would love to see Harper go get his hands dirty in a war, but we all know he only likes saying he supports the military to try and garner political points, but when it comes down to it they're just another group to ignore and take funding away from.

Vets behind desks. As I said before, when people need help, they rely on good guys with guns. The Libs won't spend any money either. They will dwindle defence budgets by keeping everything parked, as their usual protocol. Or, like the last Trudeau, march our troops in the streets of Quebec. :)

Feb. 6, 2015, 8:02 a.m.

Vets behind desks.

So that makes them less "vet" and therefore their views are dispensable?

As I said before, when people need help, they rely on good guys with guns.

There hasn't been a single military operation this century that the Canadian military entered because "Canadian people need help".

The Libs won't spend any money either. They will dwindle defence budgets by keeping everything parked, as their usual protocol. Or, like the last Trudeau, march our troops in the streets of Quebec. :)

Yes, because troops on the streets of Quebec was totally unwarranted when a paramilitary organization kidnapped and murdered a federal cabinet minister (and over 100 other acts of violence that resulted in deaths and injuries).

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 6, 2015, 8:43 a.m.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Crisis

The october crisis That was a cool interview when the reporter asks Trudeau how far her would go to which Pierre replied "just watch me"

Feb. 6, 2015, 9:18 a.m.

Meanwhile Harper is looking for a closet to hide in…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells