upcoming federal election

Feb. 1, 2015, 10:04 p.m.

With the Conservative treatment of vets and military procurement, I really hope my brothers and sisters in uniform stop supporting them this time around.

So all parties agreed with the Paul Martin governments Lump Sum payment plan instead of the monthly plan pr4evious. So while yes the Conservatives have not done well. One cannot ignore this current state of payments courtesy of the Federal Liberal party.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/davidvsdavid/honouring-our-veterans--our-soldiers-sacrifice-for-us--we-should-reciprocate-205232543.html

Another is the widespread public opposition to the federal Justice Department spending to date almost $700,000 in legal fees to fight a class action by injured veterans in B.C. seeking lifelong disability payments rather than lump sum settlements. The lump sum approach was an all-party decision under the Martin government that has proven to have disastrous impacts on Canadian soldiers returning from the battlefield. The lifelong monthly payments model should be restored immediately as an option. The crux of the legal case is whether there is a binding social contract on governments for the care of veterans and their families.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 2, 2015, 11:13 a.m.

I don't hate Justin, I just don't find him to be a strong leader. Seems to have his head in the clouds. Ask yuorself, if his name were Justin Smith would he be leader of the lib party. I doubt it.

He was most certainly chosen because of his last name. The Liberals want to win elections. It is a fair argument to say that he is too inexperienced, but I find most of the negative comments about him are because of that last name and that is about it.

Personally I think he has done pretty well considering he is not as tested as others in the party. Re-branding the Liberals and leading them forward is no easy task. How he handles the election will speak volumes and cement who he is in Canadian politics.

Feb. 2, 2015, 11:38 a.m.

I tried using this one with my boss when I had to forecast my budget this year, it didn't work for him. Guess it only works for running a country.

Feb. 2, 2015, 11:56 a.m.

He was most certainly chosen because of his last name. The Liberals want to win elections. It is a fair argument to say that he is too inexperienced, but I find most of the negative comments about him are because of that last name and that is about it.

Personally I think he has done pretty well considering he is not as tested as others in the party. Re-branding the Liberals and leading them forward is no easy task. How he handles the election will speak volumes and cement who he is in Canadian politics.

According to my wife when I mentioned Trudeau in regards to the future federal election she responded…."You know he is dead."

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 2, 2015, 1:24 p.m.

Inexperienced versus experienced but malicious. Tough choice.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 2, 2015, 1:59 p.m.

Harper was inexperienced, too. So is it his contention that every "inexperienced" person that becomes PM will be a complete fuckup like himself?

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 2, 2015, 2:11 p.m.

I tried using this one with my boss when I had to forecast my budget this year, it didn't work for him. Guess it only works for running a country.

yes, because partial quotes and quotes taken out of context are always valid.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 2, 2015, 2:13 p.m.

yes, always valid.

Feb. 2, 2015, 2:21 p.m.

shit, that was fast. do you get email alerts of when i post something just so you can respond?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 2, 2015, 2:23 p.m.

yes, because partial quotes and quotes taken out of context are always valid.

Especially while running up a 7-year losing streak of deficit budgets yourself (2008 - 2014 and probably 2015 as well, but they won't pass a budget before the elections because its yet more egg on their asses) … after taking over from a government that ran balanced budgets for 11 straight years (1997-2005). If 2008-2015 are "good times" under Harper, what will the "bad times" look like?

Feb. 2, 2015, 7:42 p.m.

You aren't even close, but it was kinda cute nonetheless. Assault rifles - that's a good one. DO you have an assault car? An Assault bike cuz it looks new"ish"?

Hold your rape whistle tight. I don't call 911, and I do protect and feed my family.

Oh man. I love it! Any discussion about gun laws always descends into "Assault Rifle! Shit. I can barely get off 30 shots before I need to re-load. That ain't no assault rifle."

Anyhow. What exactly are you protecting your family from? Bears? Terrorists? Terrorist bears?

Buy as many shotguns as you can fit in your house. Have 10 hunting rifles for every day of the week. But why would it be a problem if the government knows how many guns you have? Do you need handguns? Semi-automatic weapons? Magazine loaded rifles? From the bottom of my heart, I don't think that you do.

Feb. 2, 2015, 7:44 p.m.

Not that I love Trudeau, but I'll take him over Harper. Not quite the full quote, but even the full sentence gives some context.

"the commitment needs to be a commitment to grow the economy and the budget will balance itself"

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/justin-trudeaus-sunny-ways/

Feb. 2, 2015, 7:52 p.m.

Oh man. I love it! Any discussion about gun laws always descends into "Assault Rifle! Shit. I can barely get off 30 shots before I need to re-load. That ain't no assault rifle."

Anyhow. What exactly are you protecting your family from? Bears? Terrorists? Terrorist bears?

Buy as many shotguns as you can fit in your house. Have 10 hunting rifles for every day of the week. But why would it be a problem if the government knows how many guns you have? Do you need handguns? Semi-automatic weapons? Magazine loaded rifles? From the bottom of my heart, I don't think that you do.

You should love learning facts first, you have no clue. We do not have 30 round magazines and full auto guns here. Our gun laws are good up North

Bears, other things in the woods as we spent a lot of time there. Plus we hunt - I like pure organic meat. ;)

Hand guns are fun, so are semi autos. Registration does not help the police - there are several articles written by the Police that support those facts - again - educate yourself. Basically, law-abiding gun owners are not a problem. Criminals with guns are. Beatings and strangulation outnumbers gun deaths in Canada. Car accidents kill 1500 people per day in North America. We should register your assault hands as you drive your assault SUV. Silly adding an assault name - it's what politicians like to do to lead the sheeple into avoiding the fact that obesity kills more people than guns. Cigarettes kill more people than guns. But let's avoid talking about that part of our culture.

At the end of the day, when you need someone to stop a bad guy with a gun, you will call a good guy with a gun.

Feb. 2, 2015, 7:58 p.m.

You should love learning facts first, you have no clue. We do not have 30 round magazines and full auto guns here. Our gun laws are good up North

Bears, other things in the woods as we spent a lot of time there. Plus we hunt - I like pure organic meat. ;)

Hand guns are fun, so are semi autos. Registration does not help the police - there are several articles written by the Police that support those facts - again - educate yourself. Basically, law-abiding gun owners are not a problem. Criminals with guns are. Beatings and strangulation outnumbers gun deaths in Canada. Car accidents kill 1500 people per day in North America. We should register your assault hands as you drive your assault SUV. Silly adding an assault name - it's what politicians like to do to lead the sheeple into avoiding the fact that obesity kills more people than guns. Cigarettes kill more people than guns. But let's avoid talking about that part of our culture.

At the end of the day, when you need someone to stop a bad guy with a gun, you will call a good guy with a gun.

Okay. I apologize for calling them "assault weapons" and detracting from my argument. The whole "good guy with a gun" thing is a myth.

I really don't have much of a problem with Canadian gun laws. I have a huge problem with people trying to make our gun laws more like the US. Let those patriots kill themselves and leave us out of it.

And I came back because I thought of a way better put down. "What are you protecting yourself from, an old lady with ski poles?" Zing!

Feb. 2, 2015, 8:06 p.m.

Okay. I apologize for calling them "assault weapons" and detracting from my argument. The whole "good guy with a gun" thing is a myth.

I really don't have much of a problem with Canadian gun laws. I have a huge problem with people trying to make our gun laws more like the US. Let those patriots kill themselves and leave us out of it.

And I came back because I thought of a way better put down. "What are you protecting yourself from, an old lady with ski poles?" Zing!

Some of the individual States have some strict gun laws, more so than Canada as a whole (then there's others like Arizona where anything goes). However, it is too little too late. Washington just passed a law that if you sell a handgun to another person, then that person needs a background check as well (like we do up here - must be to a licenced owner). Well, they are freaking that this is against their bloody Ammendment blah blah - but this has always been their biggest issue - legal guns getting sold to bad people. Our laws prevent this from happening up here.