upcoming federal election

Feb. 6, 2015, 9:36 a.m.

you mean like the 18 vets that are running as Liberals in the next election? I think most people would love to see Harper go get his hands dirty in a war, but we all know he only likes saying he supports the military to try and garner political points, but when it comes down to it they're just another group to ignore and take funding away from.

Please keep in mind that the Lump Sum Payment scheme that the vets currently in court about was a nice fuck you from the Liberal party to our veterans. As I recall it was Paul Martin's government with the support of both the cons and NDP who passed that fuck over the vets.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 6, 2015, 9:55 a.m.

Ask the Liberals what their stance is on the Armed Forces. That pussy made a dick joke about getting involved against ISIS and here the Jordanian King is flying in the bombing raids.

How is sending Canadian troops to fight and die in a Middle East civil war supporting the troops?

Feb. 6, 2015, 9:57 a.m.

Please keep in mind that the Lump Sum Payment scheme that the vets currently in court about was a nice fuck you from the Liberal party to our veterans. As I recall it was Paul Martin's government with the support of both the cons and NDP who passed that fuck over the vets.

Yeah and how many years have the Cons had to fix that? And have they fixed it yet? Nope. Have they made any effort to fix it? Nope. Have they spent millions in court fighting vets (upholding that Liberal decision)? Yep.

Oh and "vets behind desks" is bullshit Zed. Stop pandering to the left/right politics bullshit. This isn't the US (yet), you can agree with a portion of a party's platform without buying into the whole thing. You don't know what they did, so stop fucking judging them.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Feb. 6, 2015, 10:10 a.m.

Yeah and how many years have the Cons had to fix that? And have they fixed it yet? Nope. Have they made any effort to fix it? Nope. Have they spent millions in court fighting vets (upholding that Liberal decision)? Yep.

Oh and "vets behind desks" is bullshit Zed. Stop pandering to the left/right politics bullshit. This isn't the US (yet), you can agree with a portion of a party's platform without buying into the whole thing. You don't know what they did, so stop fucking judging them.

I agree. When the Cons came into power there were 2 things I agreed with them on but unfortunately neither turned out like I hoped. Those were senate reform and increased military spending. The Liberals were so focused on the budget they left our military with old shitty equipment and I would like to Canada play our role with a small high tech force.

Of course they shit the bed on both counts but hey, I did give them a nod when they were still making promises.

Feb. 6, 2015, 11:32 a.m.

Ask the Liberals what their stance is on the Armed Forces. That pussy made a dick joke about getting involved against ISIS and here the Jordanian King is flying in the bombing raids.

so that makes what this current government is doing ok?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 6, 2015, 12:16 p.m.

Hence why when it comes to veterans and the military I now days have a unhealthy level of distrust to what any party says.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 6, 2015, 12:36 p.m.

Wow people like to jump to conclusions - that's why I love the net. I throw a few things out there to get the convo going and even Mr Engineer boy likes to put words in my mouths.

I never said I support anyone's policy in its entirety. There are many things the Cons are doing I dislike, but I have zero confidence that JT should be running our country on the other end of the spectrum. Seeing the NDP just get busted having to pay back $2.00 mil scratches that party in my mind. Will be interesting to see the outcome and future consequences.

And my vets being desks comments was not meant how some of you took it, but your imagination is cute nonetheless

Feb. 6, 2015, 1:08 p.m.

Seeing the NDP just get busted having to pay back $200 mil scratches that party in my mind.

???

don't you mean $2.75 million.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ndp-mps-hook-2-75-million-paid-employees-025323748.html

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 6, 2015, 4:32 p.m.

^ yeah, sorry - was trying to get out of the office for an appointment. I added the decimal

Feb. 6, 2015, 5:18 p.m.

This was predicted a long time ago - JT says he won't raise taxes but the budget will balance itself. It was rumoured, sure, he won't raise taxes, he'll just add another tax - a carbon tax more than likely. And then today: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-vows-to-set-national-carbon-reduction-targets-1.2948272

Feb. 6, 2015, 5:31 p.m.

not to mention he said he supports the new anti terrorist security bullshit that harped said we wouldnt let terrorist intimidate us yet here we are kinda bullshit.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 6, 2015, 5:39 p.m.

^ yeah, sorry - was trying to get out of the office for an appointment. I added the decimal

no worries.

to get back to some of what i was hearing in your posts though, i get the feeling from what many people have posted over the years here is that none of us are overly excited with any of the options in front of us right now. each party has portions of it's platform that appeal to different individuals, but unfortunately no one party seems to be hitting the nail on the head on most issues for the majority of canadians. if you look back at voting numbers, it is not very often that we see a solid majority of canadians voting for one party over another. however, due to our voting system we end up with one party in control.

i can accept that there are going to be differences wrt certain issues, but what i cannot accept are govt's instituting or standing behind policies that harm the interests of some canadians and try to hide their decisions with subterfuge. secrecy in government is one thing in particular i abhor and the harper government is doing a very good job of misleading the public. i will give harper credit in that he is rather masterful in the art of deflection. however, that's not what we need in a leader and is at the root of why i want to see him gone.

Ellen Langer

Feb. 6, 2015, 5:53 p.m.

i will give harper credit in that he is rather masterful in the art of deflection. however, that's not what we need in a leader and is at the root of why i want to see him gone.

c'mon, what successful politician isn't masterful at the art of deflection,deception and redirection. wag the dog

Feb. 6, 2015, 6:41 p.m.

not to mention he said he supports the new anti terrorist security bullshit that harped said we wouldnt let terrorist intimidate us yet here we are kinda bullshit.

Yah, I'm very disappointed by this particular item. I could vote Lib as a strategic vote to get the hypercons out of power, but this position stinks. We don't need a secret police force with extralegal powers. Ever.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 6, 2015, 9 p.m.

Wow people like to jump to conclusions - that's why I love the net. I throw a few things out there to get the convo going and even Mr Engineer boy likes to put words in my mouths.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.