upcoming federal election

Jan. 26, 2015, 8:38 p.m.

when is the big day?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 27, 2015, 6:44 a.m.

when is the big day?

Whenever Harper feels will give him the biggest advantage.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Jan. 27, 2015, 6:46 a.m.

lets see oil is selling for less than 50 bucks a barrel and the loonie is worth under 80cents.. so the election should happen sometime around 1998?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 29, 2015, 1:45 p.m.

not sure if there is anyone who gets me excited to vote, but seriously, can you see Justin holding his own with the likes of Putin. Maybe if he were more like his father.

You do know that they cancelled the Heads of State Death Match years ago right?

So why is there so much hate for Trudeau (who I believed to be Fluffy the Hamster)? I am curious to really know why besides comments about his hair. (this is a general question for the haters, not directed at Flatch)

Jan. 29, 2015, 1:50 p.m.

You do know that they cancelled the Heads of State Death Match years ago right?

So why is there so much hate for Trudeau (who I believed to be Fluffy the Hamster)? I am curious to really know why besides comments about his hair. (this is a general question for the haters, not directed at Flatch)

no, fluffy the hamster is really just a hamster. he's just a representative figure of the distate for harper.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 29, 2015, 1:52 p.m.

So why is there so much hate for Trudeau (who I believed to be Fluffy the Hamster)?

I don't believe for a second that Fluffy was meant to be a symbol for JT. Rather, Fluffy represents any alternative to Harper, no matter how bizarre or useless. Could've just as easily been a pet rock, my kid's used diaper … or a dead skunk. The goal being to demonstrate how low the bar is to be more desirable than Harper.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 29, 2015, 1:53 p.m.

no, fluffy the hamster is really just a hamster. he's just a representative figure of the distate for harper.

Seems we were both typing responses at the same time, and I'm the slower typist!

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 29, 2015, 1:57 p.m.

I would have voted for Fluffy either way, but you have to admit that sounds like something Farmer would call him.

Jan. 29, 2015, 2 p.m.

Let's see what happens when Tory approaches Harper for a bail out for the bankrupt city.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/01/29/toronto-turns-down-loan-offer-from-province-to-plug-86-million-budget-hole.html

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 29, 2015, 2:04 p.m.

I voted for Steve so I could hang with Farmer. With lotsa guns. Those scary things that liberals want to hide behind but take away from you.

Jan. 29, 2015, 2:09 p.m.

Seems we were both typing responses at the same time, and I'm the slower typist!

that or using my superior intellect i managed to say the same thing with fewer words.

let's make this scientific and compare the word count shall we?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 29, 2015, 3:01 p.m.

Problem is a vote for anybody but Harper is a vote for Harper. He'll happily watch everyone split the voting so he can walk away with a majority government with a mandate from 30% of Canadians :(

Jan. 29, 2015, 5:40 p.m.

I voted for Steve so I could hang with Farmer. With lotsa guns. Those scary things that liberals want to hide behind but take away from you.

Did the Liberals say they were going to take everyone's guns away?

www.natooke.com

Jan. 29, 2015, 6:18 p.m.

Did the Liberals say they were going to take everyone's guns away?

Yes, more restrictions and more prohibited guns. It's the bloody Liberal judges we have now still in power where if someone breaks into your house and you defend yourself with anything - you will get charged.

Mulcair wants to bring back the gun registry ffs. The same guy that said people don't need any type of weapon (bear spray, you name it) for defense, they should carry a rape whistle and call the police - let them do their jobs….then after the attack on the Parliament he requests 24 hour armed RCMP protection. huh. He wants good guys with guns for self defence but the rest of us - we can blow a whistle. Cuz hey, if they ban guns for us law abiding citizens, then obviously the criminals will turn theirs in too.

Jan. 29, 2015, 6:23 p.m.

Problem is a vote for anybody but Harper is a vote for Harper. He'll happily watch everyone split the voting so he can walk away with a majority government with a mandate from 30% of Canadians :(

Is it just as bad if Trudeau wins a majority with a mandate from just 30% of Canadians?