ugh, gas question for our mechanics. + roll bars.

July 14, 2009, 5:44 p.m.

dont you have some illegal immigrants to blame for all the problems in your life?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 14, 2009, 5:52 p.m.

haha, thats thedont litter motto for down here man.

really ?

I thot it was some civil war , don't fuck with me declaration of machismo and here all the time it was about littering ?

July 14, 2009, 8:48 p.m.

right.
hmmm.
k yeah, your gas guage is fucked, ignore it.
once you're allowed to drive, figure out what your fuel economy is, compare to what the interwebz say it should be, then deal with discrepancies.
"roll bar" isn't a roll bar, it's a light bar but definitely not a roll bar, don't, seriously, don't depend on that to protect you from anything.
I'm guessing your shop didn't have a bender, so you cut and welded angles into round tube? Or is it shd40 pipe?

if your oil smells like gas, really smells like gas not just "it smells like gas in here" when you have the ol' 710 off, then you need to sell the truck, and fast.

don't do any cutting or welding on your tank, I cleverly blew myself up grinding near a discarded gas tank a few weeks ago, and I'm a fairly experienced redneck, an amateur like yourself should probably find someone who knows what they're doing, and has a high tolerance for mouth breathers, and ask him the questions.
Or possibly, just go get an account on pirate4x4, they'll help you out, they don't have an isuzu section, but if you just post in the toyota section someone could answer any questions you'll ever have.

Trucks and Guns.

July 14, 2009, 9:26 p.m.

really ?

I thot it was some civil war , don't fuck with me declaration of machismo and here all the time it was about littering ?

yeah

right.
hmmm.
k yeah, your gas guage is fucked, ignore it.
once you're allowed to drive, figure out what your fuel economy is, compare to what the interwebz say it should be, then deal with discrepancies.
"roll bar" isn't a roll bar, it's a light bar but definitely not a roll bar, don't, seriously, don't depend on that to protect you from anything.
I'm guessing your shop didn't have a bender, so you cut and welded angles into round tube? Or is it shd40 pipe?

if your oil smells like gas, really smells like gas not just "it smells like gas in here" when you have the ol' 710 off, then you need to sell the truck, and fast.

don't do any cutting or welding on your tank, I cleverly blew myself up grinding near a discarded gas tank a few weeks ago, and I'm a fairly experienced redneck, an amateur like yourself should probably find someone who knows what they're doing, and has a high tolerance for mouth breathers, and ask him the questions.
Or possibly, just go get an account on pirate4x4, they'll help you out, they don't have an isuzu section, but if you just post in the toyota section someone could answer any questions you'll ever have.

ok will do about the gass mileage.
yeah i know its not a real roll bar, i wanted something to chain the bike to and put keep stuff from hitting my window, lights, looks, and i was bored in auto tech. yeah we didnt have a pipe bender, so i torched the pipes and bondo'ed the hole where the pipes met. rust remover'ed it primer, and spray on bed liner. its think ass cattle fence piping.

yeah i know not to wend or cut near the tank, ive had my fair share of blowing up shit when i lived in geogia and alabama…

um, i heard that these engines wash gas down the cylinders and into the oil pan? i heard to just change the oil if you have only idled it for a long time. but what is your reason for saying sell it and fast? um, when i checked the oil i let it run for a bit and pulled out the dip stick, then rubed the oil on my fingers and smelt it, there was a faint smell of gas on my fingers.

here is what someone said on planetisuzoo

GreasyJack wrote:
These are very simple and very reliable engines.

that is an UNDERSTATEMENT……the 2.8 3.1 are slugs, terrible on gas, under powered but sooooooooooooooo long lived its not even funny. Ive seen them go 250k without batting an eye….low oil pressure, not a high revving motor….just suck, compress, fire, spit…repeat…..and around and around it goes…when it will stop, nobody knows. its 3am…leave me alone…..

change the oil, clock the milage with a full tank of fuel. Starting and idling, moving it a few feet, getting itchy to drive, will suck thru a tank of fuel QUICK. my 94 pup was under construction, i used a 14 gallon tank up in 24 miles. most of it was starting, moving it out of the driveway, let it warm up and shut her down. Charging the battery and a few trips around the block….14 gallons!!!! the first highway run and fill up, i had to drop the oil cause i saw the oil pressure gauge below the 50psi line at 3000 rpms, i knew something was wrong.
greasey….i know you dont like OP gauges but this saved my engine!!!!

i had cylinder wash down from the starting, idling and short runs. it happens….thats why i say check your oil level, see if it WENT UP. the gas went somewhere. when cold the oil pressure is higher of course, so you might not notice any delution of the oil with gas……

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

I can mud bog farther, its s chevy

July 14, 2009, 9:31 p.m.

cause if you have gas slippin by the rings, your motor's on it's way out, or gonna get expensive, so either drive it till it's dead, or sell that lemon.
fuck, it's an isuzu, sell it.
and buy a toyota, all the cool kids do it.

Trucks and Guns.

July 14, 2009, 10:44 p.m.

yeah i know its not a real roll bar, i wanted something to chain the bike to and put keep stuff from hitting my window, lights, looks, and i was bored in auto tech. yeah we didnt have a pipe bender, so i torched the pipes and bondo'ed the hole where the pipes met. rust remover'ed it primer, and spray on bed liner. its think ass cattle fence piping.

Your roll bars are bolted onto bondo?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 15, 2009, 6:46 a.m.

no, I think he said he welded it with bondo…
ps-fencing is galvanized, donut weld galvanized without proper ventilation.

Trucks and Guns.

July 15, 2009, 7:07 a.m.

Don't mess with tex.

No doubt.

I for one admire how Partbreaker is just going ahead and getting up to his elbows in truck parts.

Yeah maybe he'll fuck some shit up but it won't be long before he'll know it all inside and out and that's a useful skill. Keep up the hack mechanic styles PB!

www.natooke.com

July 15, 2009, 1:37 p.m.

no, I think he said he welded it with bondo…
ps-fencing is galvanized, donut weld galvanized without proper ventilation.

this pipe wasnt gavanized. no the bondo was for where i had to cut the pipe. the right angles and stuff.

no its bolted on to the bed. no bondo on my body yet.

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

July 24, 2009, 12:39 p.m.

ok I filled up my truck from bone dri\y, and i seem to be getting roughly 15 mph now that my cat is dowled out. thanks guys. 10bucks puts me at half a tank, so thats like almost 5 galles for a half.

July 24, 2009, 12:52 p.m.

rainer is that you?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 24, 2009, 1:33 p.m.

nope

July 24, 2009, 1:44 p.m.

ok I filled up my truck from bone dri\y, and i seem to be getting roughly 15 mph now that my cat is dowled out. thanks guys. 10bucks puts me at half a tank, so thats like almost 5 galles for a half.

….another big round of applause for the American public school system.

…and perhaps a soul clap for my American written spellchecker that tells me that I have spelled American wrong.

Pastor of Muppets

July 24, 2009, 1:47 p.m.

….another big round of applause for the American public school system.

…and perhaps a soul clap for my American written spellchecker that tells me that I have spelled American wrong.

soul or sole?

Trucks and Guns.

July 24, 2009, 4:19 p.m.

I didn't think sole could clap?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells