UFOs

July 9, 2019, 4:19 p.m.

if you're looking for some other "out there" stuff to delve into try this...

https://www.humancondition.com

July 9, 2019, 4:26 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

glad you liked that one.

I am not dismissing extraterrestrial life outright or that beings from another planet have visited earth at some time, but the captured alien space craft seems a bit much imo. If this has been going on since the 50's then you would think that there would be more people than just Bob Lazar spilling the anti-matter. 

ps - your new avatar is waiting

I saw you replied, scrolled down, was not disappointed.  Nanu Nanu.

BUT... I shouldn't have even mentioned Lazar because it's the sightings from the Nimitz and Theodore Roosevelt that have me asking the question "What the hell is going on?"  if the pilots, etc are not lying and there are aircraft that can defy the laws of nature this is still a huge story, little green men need not apply.

July 9, 2019, 4:41 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

BUT... I shouldn't have even mentioned Lazar because it's the sightings from the Nimitz and Theodore Roosevelt that have me asking the question "What the hell is going on?"  if the pilots, etc are not lying and there are aircraft that can defy the laws of nature this is still a huge story, little green men need not apply.

i'll check it out when i have a spare moment. make it easy for me tho and post up some links.

July 9, 2019, 5:27 p.m.

All I know is that if anti-gravity is a thing, I want to know who has it.

Considering you're not that interested this topic, the Nazi Bell or Philedelphia experiment will be a little far fetched for you.

July 9, 2019, 10:08 p.m.

I'm a skeptic, That said the topic has always interested me. Weirdest thing I've seen lately is a declassified file called "Mars exploration: May 22, 1984". Far fetched as all get out but fun to think about.

July 10, 2019, 12:43 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I think the whole captured craft thing doesn't the whole bullshit sniff test. Just think about it for a moment, if another life form had tech that is so superior to our own, would they actually allow us to recover and test one of their own interstellar space crafts?

Roswell was a downed Nazi saucer bro from the ant-arctic.

Truf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs0ZaCQrScc&t=1s

July 10, 2019, 8:46 a.m.

i'll check it out when i have a spare moment. make it easy for me tho and post up some links.

Here are a couple from Popular Mechanics.  They are pretty good as they get into physics more than most articles and they have a couple of videos.  There is also an interview with one of the pilots.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a19421807/video-shows-us-navy-run-in-with-ufo/

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a14456936/that-time-the-us-navy-had-a-close-encounter-with-a-ufo/

July 10, 2019, 4:48 p.m.

Another name to look for 'real life accounts' is Phil Schneider.

Perhaps my 50/50ness helps with these topics but a cool explanation/idea for alien abductions is humans time travelling to the past to replenish lost DNA.

July 10, 2019, 4:50 p.m.

Posted by: Madman

I'm a skeptic, That said the topic has always interested me. Weirdest thing I've seen lately is a declassified file called "Mars exploration: May 22, 1984". Far fetched as all get out but fun to think about.

Are you familiar with Project NERVA (I think?). 3-4 year project that ended succesfully in '71 for testing nuclear engines for space travel. But it was never continued. Something to think about.

July 10, 2019, 6:23 p.m.

Here are a couple from Popular Mechanics.  They are pretty good as they get into physics more than most articles and they have a couple of videos.  There is also an interview with one of the pilots.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a19421807/video-shows-us-navy-run-in-with-ufo/

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a14456936/that-time-the-us-navy-had-a-close-encounter-with-a-ufo/

not bad, but i gotta admit that i was more interested in the 150 mph riding lawn mower follow-up vid they had posted.

July 10, 2019, 10:05 p.m.

Pretty vague video.   I think the Fermi paradox still stands.

July 11, 2019, 8:51 a.m.

Really?  So neither one of you was intrigued by the fact that several trained pilots have seen with their eyes and with sophisticated scanning equipment what they describe as crafts that can accelerate extremely fast and hover or high altitude with no wings, heat signature or any sign of propulsion?  Either they are lying or they witnessed tech that is world changing.  Still nothing?  I understand skepticism, but not when it kills curiosity.  

For what it is worth I have never really accepted the Fermi paradox.  It assumes a technically advanced civilization would prioritize growth and that we would know if we had been visited, neither of which are even close to certain.  I think limiting growth and having a sustainable civilization is probably a filter for any advanced civilization and short of an alien armada landing in New York what would convince us that we were in fact visited?

July 11, 2019, 10:57 a.m.

Really? So neither one of you was intrigued by the fact that several trained pilots have seen with their eyes and with sophisticated scanning equipment what they describe as crafts that can accelerate extremely fast and hover or high altitude with no wings, heat signature or any sign of propulsion? Either they are lying or they witnessed tech that is world changing. Still nothing? I understand skepticism, but not when it kills curiosity.

For what it is worth I have never really accepted the Fermi paradox. It assumes a technically advanced civilization would prioritize growth and that we would know if we had been visited, neither of which are even close to certain. I think limiting growth and having a sustainable civilization is probably a filter for any advanced civilization and short of an alien armada landing in New York what would convince us that we were in fact visited?

it's not so much that my curiosity has been killed but like I stated earlier I pretty much accept that there is another life form out there that is most likely highly advanced - much more so than humanity. So a zipping dot on a radar screen is a bit meh tbh. Unless they decide to show up en masse and enslave us or vaporize us or do the opposite and help us get past the current mess we're in the idea of aliens floating around has no impact in my life so it doesn't really hold my attention at all.

ps: e-hug if that disappoints you at all

Last edited by: syncro on July 11, 2019, 11:01 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
July 11, 2019, 12:30 p.m.

Really? So neither one of you was intrigued by the fact that several trained pilots have seen with their eyes and with sophisticated scanning equipment what they describe as crafts that can accelerate extremely fast and hover or high altitude with no wings, heat signature or any sign of propulsion? Either they are lying or they witnessed tech that is world changing. Still nothing? I understand skepticism, but not when it kills curiosity.

For what it is worth I have never really accepted the Fermi paradox. It assumes a technically advanced civilization would prioritize growth and that we would know if we had been visited, neither of which are even close to certain. I think limiting growth and having a sustainable civilization is probably a filter for any advanced civilization and short of an alien armada landing in New York what would convince us that we were in fact visited?

it's not so much that my curiosity has been killed but like I stated earlier I pretty much accept that there is another life form out there that is most likely highly advanced - much more so than humanity. So a zipping dot on a radar screen is a bit meh tbh. Unless they decide to show up en masse and enslave us or vaporize us or do the opposite and help us get past the current mess we're in the idea of aliens floating around has no impact in my life so it doesn't really hold my attention at all.

ps: e-hug if that disappoints you at all

Sure, but it is more than a blip on the radar.  It was verified many times over visually and recorded with regular video and infrared cameras.  It could also have earthly origins.  We don't know.  I think if we zoomed in on one of these things as it was hovering at 40,000 ft before it zipped off at Mach 9 and saw a Chinese flag we would freak the fuck out, but not knowing where they come from makes it easier to ignore they exist.

July 11, 2019, 4:06 p.m.

Sure, but it is more than a blip on the radar. It was verified many times over visually and recorded with regular video and infrared cameras. It could also have earthly origins. We don't know. I think if we zoomed in on one of these things as it was hovering at 40,000 ft before it zipped off at Mach 9 and saw a Chinese flag we would freak the fuck out, but not knowing where they come from makes it easier to ignore they exist.

Yeah, it's more than a blip on radar, but beyond that what is it? Is it affecting humanity in any way besides piquing curiosity? They're here and it seems they don't care about us all that much. Maybe to them we're like a bunch of gerbils in a cage and they're watching us with some curiosity. I'm not ignoring they exist, I just don't care all that much if they do as in their current capacity they seem to be having no effect at all on humanity. If they had electric powered hover bikes I might be interested, and so would all the people who hate ebikes.

edit - honestly I just want to see more on the ufo/extraterrestrial front before I'll get all excited.

Last edited by: syncro on July 11, 2019, 4:12 p.m., edited 2 times in total.