UFC 196

March 7, 2016, 4:39 p.m.

oh for sure its nice when they don't talk shit(GSP is a great example) but when your career is only so long it makes me wonder how much extra money you can make when the masses want to see your ass getting kicked.

As stated earlier, I hate the shit talk and it is likely why I paid attention to this fight.

March 7, 2016, 5:01 p.m.

I hate it too, but if I'm honest to myself I find I'm less interested in fights when the two combatants go on about how awesome the other person is.

I'm on the edge of my seat when there's anger between them… of course, more than half the trash talk is all bullshit.

March 7, 2016, 5:10 p.m.

GSP Shit talked all the time only it wasn't witty and sounded like a robot so the effect was lost.

Sometimes the shit talk is just that; shit talk, and isn't very original, clever or entertaining and isn't even worth it to watch. MacGregor, Sonen, and even Bisping at times can be entertaining enough to bring non fight fans to view a fight.

I'm the best at being modest !

March 7, 2016, 7:25 p.m.

truthfully I hate the shit talk it,s so grade 8 IMO , actions speak louder than words the sport does not need the shit talking to survive .

as for the Diaz brothers and their lives what a horror show train wreck , I read a article about Nick when he was opening up about his life and how fighting and smoking pot after he was given his last suspension . Those brother went thru hell as kids

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 8, 2016, 4:56 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOmYFfjwJs

March 9, 2016, 7:28 a.m.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Conor_McGregor_vs_Nate_Diaz_UFC_196_Part_3/10123800

this web site has the fight. it was a real battle. CM is a bad ass fighter no doubt. diaz really deserves way more respect. awesome fight. that stockton slap? awesome.

March 9, 2016, 7:45 p.m.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Conor_McGregor_vs_Nate_Diaz_UFC_196_Part_3/10123800

this web site has the fight. it was a real battle. CM is a bad ass fighter no doubt. diaz really deserves way more respect. awesome fight. that stockton slap? awesome.

Yeah when you consider Diaz had 9 days to train and was battling the cold/flu which paid off as it allowed him to cut some weight .

Conor is out of his element at 170lbs he needs to stay in the smaller classes and get more game . Throwing big power shots at bigger fighters burns energy he does not have to spare and he has no sub defense when grounded .

3 RNC,s loses and he still has not realized he needs to be more well rounded .

Also even thinking he has a snow balls chance in hell in the cage against Nick or Lawler is a freaking dream .

And I see now GSP is considering returning to battle with Nate , that says a lot about Nate IMO and very little about Conor .

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 9, 2016, 7:56 p.m.

I would like to see a GSP CM fight. George would make Connor look worse than BJ Penn. Love it when yappers get a beat down.

:canada:

March 9, 2016, 9:06 p.m.

I would like to see a GSP CM fight. George would make Connor look worse than BJ Penn. Love it when yappers get a beat down.

If the early GSP can come back too life , he would definitely wreck a lot of fighters dreams .

GSP was smart to walk away for a while , his last couple years in the sport he took way too much damage . Listening to Jackson telling him to stay in control and not finish like he did in the past against Huges , Serra and many others he destroyed .

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 10, 2016, 12:38 a.m.

Always Love watching the Diaz Boys kick ass.

March 10, 2016, 7:01 a.m.

gsp towards the end wasn't that exciting to watch. i hope , if he returns, he brings some of that explosive action ..it would be interesting to see him fight again ..

March 10, 2016, 9:02 a.m.

The problem with having championship rounds (4 and 5) is that you have to pace yourself and not let it all hang out. GSP did just enough in each round to win and not take any chances to retrain the crown which is smart but didn't make for the best fights to watch. With 3 rounds it makes for a better fight overall imo.
A healthy GSP with 3 rounds and no championship title to worry about will make for a great fight.

:canada:

March 31, 2016, 8:05 a.m.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/nate-diaz-gloats-at-spoiling-ufcs-alleged-plan-to-pair-gsp-and-conor-mcgregor

“In times of war, you wouldn’t even be here for this to be taking place, because the reality of it is, (expletive), you got taken out. I think the whole rematch thing is cool, because they want to do it, and it’s worth the money and everybody wants to see a big money fight, but I’m just thinking it’s (expletive) up, because I’ve lost a lot of funny decisions in my career, and I know I could beat anybody I lost to, and I never got a rematch. This guy’s getting babied.”

“Georges is full of (expletive),” Diaz said. “They’re all full of (expletive). I want to be the first one to speak up (on St-Pierre): You’re a (expletive) bully. You know you’re going to hold that little-ass Irish man down and take his money. Get your ass up to your weight class, and Conor McGregor’s out of line trying to fight big-ass people.

I can see why people think nate isn't too smart. I get it .. keep it real.. its not like he is wrong or anything..but why bite the hand that feeds you so hard? If the guy could just keep some of his opinions to himself and then show up and fight his fight he would make more money. If you are getting hit professionally… Isn't that what is all about?

April 1, 2016, 12:55 a.m.

Nate doesn't seem to give too many shits about the coin….and it's fanfuckintastic.
Makes enough to get by and does whatever sports he feels like 24/7.

April 1, 2016, 6:17 a.m.

well nate did say in a recent interview his next fight would be with whomever paid the best so….. at the same time he goes and says all this other stuff.