UFC 167

Nov. 17, 2013, 10:43 p.m.

Dana doesn't pay his fighters enough.

ya the pay sucks some guys get $5K for a win and others $25K for losing the same fight . fighter in the UFC should be payed closer to what other pro athletes get . fighters also get payed for the advertisement on their shorts , and ring side banners , thats where a majority of their income comes from .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 18, 2013, 2:03 a.m.

GSP had a lot of problems dealing with a southpaw. It also looked like he's lost some of his quickness.

He also bleeds too much - almost as bad as the Diaz fight. Makes a fighter look worse.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 18, 2013, 8:11 a.m.

did Hendricks tap out in the first round??

Nov. 18, 2013, 8:26 a.m.

whoa^ kind of looks like it..

the fact neither fighter reacts when they stand back up is interesting…

Nov. 18, 2013, 9:21 a.m.

Dana doesn't pay his fighters enough.

In addition to the purse, GSP gets a cut of the PPV money. He probably made between $5 and $10 million Saturday night, if you include endorsements he does for Under Armour, NOS/ Coca-Cola, Hayaboosa, 888poker, Affliction, Electronic Arts and Bacardi when he fights.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/mma-net-worth/georges-st-pierre-net-worth/

He also bleeds too much - almost as bad as the Diaz fight. Makes a fighter look worse.

Facial cuts and bleeding tend to be more about face and bone structure - not much he can do about that.

Nov. 18, 2013, 9:24 a.m.

GSP gets a cut of the PPV money. He probably made $5-$10 million Saturday night.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/mma-net-worth/georges-st-pierre-net-worth/

Plot all the monies paid out to all the fighters on a chart. You'll need to use a logarithmic scale if you include GSP.

Nov. 18, 2013, 11:04 a.m.

Whatever is in GSP's head completely messed with him in that fight. You could tell his mind was elsewhere. Say what you want about him not finishing fights and fighting to 'not lose' rather than 'to win' but is always smart and sticks to his gameplan. He wasnt himself in that fight. His head was straight up the whole time, he was circling TO hendricks power hand and was also ducking TO hendricks' power hand. Normally he would not have done any of those things.

On the bright side for gsp fans, he took an ass kicking and didnt quit. Heart of a champion. Hope he comes back better than ever.

Nov. 18, 2013, 11:27 a.m.

GSP is a class act always and he is likable, I see Hendricks as the same kind of personality

I think they add a certain respectability to MMA and they are worth the $$$ they get paid

Nov. 18, 2013, 6:13 p.m.

GSP is so good for the UFC. A class act all the way. He learned his lesson about trash talking back in the day with his matches vs. Hughes [HTML_REMOVED] Serra. He is better than most of his opponents at most aspects of the game. A very good wrestler like Koschek got pwned by GSP on the floor. I think Georges could have actually made the Canadian Olympic wrestling team if he'd have tried.

Thread killer

Nov. 18, 2013, 6:47 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/georges-st-pierre-wins-controversial-decision-over-hendricks-1.2429621

Nov. 19, 2013, 1:14 a.m.

^great review

Nov. 27, 2013, 6:47 a.m.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-joe-rogan-believes-georges-st-pierre-suffered-190100645--mma.html

"I think Georges should retire. One of the reasons I think Georges should retire is he was on my podcast and he was talking about being abducted by aliens," Rogan said. "I was going, 'You think you've been abducted by aliens?' He starts talking about missing time. He started talking about driving his car and all of a sudden he's at home and he has no idea how he got there. I think it's head kicks [making him forget things].

"That fight [with Hendricks], he had some serious memory loss. I think he's taken too many shots. An interesting statistic is that Georges has taken more punches and kicks in the last three fights than any of his fights, ever. In fact, 50 percent of the shots he's taken his entire career were in the last three fights. I think he should get out. I know the UFC probably doesn't want to hear me say that. I know that could be a huge rematch."

Nov. 27, 2013, 12:18 p.m.

Georges should retire from MMA now and audition for the leading role in the remake of "Bloodsport", which we all know is coming, given that they seem to be remaking every movie ever made.

But yeah, the fight was close. Very close. While GSP may have gotten the benefit of the doubt, I don't think Johnny did enough to take the strap from the most dominant WW champ in the history of the sport.

Nov. 27, 2013, 6:43 p.m.

he,s taken so many shots due to his fighting style if he started finishing guys again instead of going 5 rounds each and every fight taking some serious abuse . looks at boxers half of them sound drunk when they talk for yrs of abuse from goin 12rds all the time

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 27, 2013, 7:56 p.m.

ya George Chuvalo was interviewed on Q by Jian Ghomeshi and he kept repeating the same sentences like a skip on a record, the same sentences like a skip on a record