UAPs - X-Files stuff or weather balloon?

What is flying around US fighter jets?

Airborne Clutter
0%
Natural Atmospheric Phenomena
0%
USG or Industry Developmental Programs
0%
Foreign Adversary Systems
0%
Other
100%
Total votes: 7
June 29, 2021, 9:35 a.m.

My favourite topic.  UFOs.  The US military has issued a short report on them and have a list of 5 possibilities for the sightings that keep being reported by their pilots.  Below is a in depth description of each.  What do we think they are NBR?

Airborne Clutter: These objects include birds, balloons, recreational unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), or airborne debris like plastic bags that muddle a scene and affect an operator’s ability to identify true targets, such as enemy aircraft.

Natural Atmospheric Phenomena: Natural atmospheric phenomena includes ice crystals, moisture, and thermal fluctuations that may register on some infrared and radar systems.

USG or Industry Developmental Programs: Some UAP observations could be attributable to developments and classified programs by U.S. entities. We were unable to confirm, however, that these systems accounted for any of the UAP reports we collected.

Foreign Adversary Systems: Some UAP may be technologies deployed by China, Russia, another nation, or a non-governmental entity.

Other: Although most of the UAP described in our dataset probably remain unidentified due to limited data or challenges to collection processing or analysis, we may require additional scientific knowledge to successfully collect on, analyze and characterize some of them. We would group such objects in this category pending scientific advances that allowed us to better understand them. The UAPTF intends to focus additional analysis on the small number of cases where a UAP appeared to display unusual flight characteristics or signature management.

June 29, 2021, 10:13 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7Fqbsrrm8&t=327s

June 29, 2021, 11:41 a.m.

What gets me is the U.S. military has ridiculously well funded image analysis departments, but what we're seeing seems to have been left up to the pilots and the public's opinions. (See poll and YouTuber above).

What are they? Hell if I know, but I'm hoping the experts chime in at some point.

Last edited by: Hepcat on June 29, 2021, 11:47 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 29, 2021, 11:54 a.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

What gets me is the U.S. military has ridiculously well funded image analysis departments, but what we're seeing seems to have been left up to the pilots and the public's opinions. (See poll and YouTuber above).

What are they? Hell if I know, but I'm hoping the experts chime in at some point.

I am sure they have better material than we are seeing, but the report was basically asking congress to fund them to create a proper monitoring program with sophisticated tools so it seems like they still can't figure out much either.

June 29, 2021, 12:07 p.m.

Made popular now by the owning classes to distract the hoipolloi as they deploy their end game. Hug your loved ones. The end is nigh.

June 29, 2021, 12:09 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

This guy does a really good job of trying to debunk the videos, especially the Go Fast video, but his explanation on the gimbal video was a bit of a stretch IMO.  His attempt the explain the Nimitz (15:30) incident was bordering on ridiculous.  He thinks their radar "glitched" several times even though when Fravor arrived at the spot that they told him to go there was in fact something there.  Then, by coincidence 4 trained pilots in different locations in the air saw optical illusions or forgot jets go fast, then the other pilot goes up and captures the object on video which, according to him, was a video artifact.  To me that is far less believable than simply accepting something strange is occurring.

June 29, 2021, 12:22 p.m.

How dare you doubt the video game developer's opinion on UFO's.

June 29, 2021, 12:37 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

This guy does a really good job of trying to debunk the videos, especially the Go Fast video, but his explanation on the gimbal video was a bit of a stretch IMO.  His attempt the explain the Nimitz (15:30) incident was bordering on ridiculous.  He thinks their radar "glitched" several times even though when Fravor arrived at the spot that they told him to go there was in fact something there.  Then, by coincidence 4 trained pilots in different locations in the air saw optical illusions or forgot jets go fast, then the other pilot goes up and captures the object on video which, according to him, was a video artifact.  To me that is far less believable than simply accepting something strange is occurring.

You're right.  Must be magic.  I bet it was Gandalf.

June 29, 2021, 6:48 p.m.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/pentagon-ufo-report-what-we-know.html

June 30, 2021, 1:45 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/pentagon-ufo-report-what-we-know.html

Why should the US gov't talk ooenly about possible secret weapons programs? Would be not that much of a secret then, would it? 

Ridiculous.

June 30, 2021, 9:11 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

You're right.  Must be magic.  I bet it was Gandalf.

I am just looking at what we know and eliminating anything that doesn't make sense which is what it appears the military is doing as well.  They believe it is an object, not glitches or illusions.  If you think aliens is ridiculous, then options 3 and 4 make more sense, but there is no way that the military radar picked up and object and when the pilots arrived the object was seen visually on a clear sunny day and it wasn't an object.

June 30, 2021, 9:37 a.m.

There is as much evidence that this is aliens as there is evidence that this is Gandalf.  

Prove to me it's not Gandalf.  You can't.  Therefore it must be Gandalf.  Do you see the logical issue with the "must be aliens" crowd's argument?

June 30, 2021, 11:40 a.m.

There is as much evidence that this is aliens as there is evidence that this is Gandalf.  

Prove to me it's not Gandalf.  You can't.  Therefore it must be Gandalf.  Do you see the logical issue with the "must be aliens" crowd's argument?

Obviously there are people out there saying that it must be aliens, it just seems out of place to talk about Gandalf and magic when nobody here is saying that.  The guy in the video you posted isn't isn't debunking a theory that we are seeing aliens, he is trying to debunk the theory that they are actually large objects moving quickly and without an obvious form of propulsion.   We don't know what they are, but I don't think Gandalf or magic is on the table as options since neither of those things are real.

June 30, 2021, 12:51 p.m.

Don't worry, it's only part of the simulation.

June 30, 2021, 4:36 p.m.

Time traveling humans looking for something? 

Anyone watch Flight of the Navigator recently?