tv series

March 1, 2012, 12:49 a.m.

oink oink

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

March 1, 2012, 6:24 a.m.

Ep 1 is some intense shit.

March 1, 2012, 6:52 a.m.

I'm going to turn the intensity way back down here, haha. I've been re-watching the Flight of the Conchords DVDs lately and I think they're even funnier the second time around.

March 1, 2012, 11:33 p.m.

Black Mirror pig episode (haven't seen any others eps.)…1/2 to 3/4 thru, no good…no sale.
A fail IMO….you guys watch too much TV.

March 2, 2012, 7:31 a.m.

Who said it was good? Weird, suprising, and not at all what you'd expect from a major TV network, yes, but nobody said it was good (though I did think it was enjoyable for the reasons above). Watch the recall one and then tell me the series is bad, or go read a book and post about how it's so much better, either way.

iforonewelcome.com

March 2, 2012, 2:03 p.m.

i just watched s1 of walking dead and s1 of game of thrones.

some spoilers (maybe) below!!!!

WD, i found quite disappointing - much like a a soap opera with zombies in the background. the zombies were not scary in the slightest, and about the best thing in season one, was the half of a woman in the park.

GoT - got hyped up a lot on here, and by a lot of people i know, but to be honest i was not overly impressed. the acting was immaculate and the sets are great, but it needed more fantasy IHMO. i know it's supposed to be about power plays and psychology, but the story could pretty much be set in anytime / place. the baby dragons were cool, so maybe s2 will have more focus on that. i did not read the books.

Sons of Anarchy is my latest favorite, even though the acting is quite wooden in a lot of it. i enjoy the intensity of the show.

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.

March 2, 2012, 2:35 p.m.

March 2, 2012, 3:43 p.m.

GoT - got hyped up a lot on here, and by a lot of people i know, but to be honest i was not overly impressed. the acting was immaculate and the sets are great, but it needed more fantasy IHMO. i know it's supposed to be about power plays and psychology, but the story could pretty much be set in anytime / place. the baby dragons were cool, so maybe s2 will have more focus on that. i did not read the books.

WD is slow IMO. And it doesn't make much sense. If I am doing anything in a zombie world it is working on Fortress Chupacabra not hanging out in tents.

GoT does get more fantasy as the story progresses. Without spoiling anything you don't know, there is a lot of crazy shit north of the wall.

March 2, 2012, 7:15 p.m.

GoT does get more fantasy as the story progresses. Without spoiling anything you don't know, there is a lot of crazy shit north of the wall.

But this winter I keep hearing about, is it really coming?

iforonewelcome.com

March 2, 2012, 7:59 p.m.

Definitely more fantasy in season 2 game of thrones. Definitely more darkness, definitely going to be sick.

In the setting the fantasy isn't pushed, it kind of develops with the story. I am really liking the books and given last seasons acting and scenes I'm sure it will be my favorite show again this year.

Spartacus on the other hand is turning into a huge let down. I'd definitely say the original season of the show is great, but this latest season is just cheesy. Main actor just can't pull off the character that was played so well before.

sent from my galaxy s2

March 2, 2012, 8:04 p.m.

And I definitely agree with walking dead being over dramatic and not enough action (its the gfs favorite so I watch without complaint knowing it could be much worse). Last couple episodes are picking up a bit but yea, way too many feelings for a zombie apocolipse.

sent from my galaxy s2

March 2, 2012, 10:01 p.m.

oink oink

That was the most messed up thing I've watched since Silence of the Lambs.

March 19, 2012, 9:27 a.m.

To add on to Misfits (which is super awesome).
Sherlock, the new British retelling of Sherlock Holmes, really, really good.

Good call on this. Netflix has the first season, it might be my favorite thing on tv right now.

March 19, 2012, 6:13 p.m.

I'm pretty into Breaking Bad, I just finished watching season 4 last week, supposedly they're continuing on with season 5 next year, be interesting to see how it goes.

March 22, 2012, 12:32 a.m.

This thread turned me onto Justified…a quality piece in a world of crap shows out there…:beer: