tv series

Jan. 9, 2012, 3:24 p.m.

I've been enjoying Leverage, but the similarities of a couple of the story lines to Hustle seem a little hokey to me.

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Jan. 9, 2012, 3:31 p.m.

Treme is really picking up. Only 4-6 episodes deep so far, but starting to get good. Also enjoying Breaking Bad, but not too upset if I miss it.

The exact opposite of this is now true.

Jan. 9, 2012, 3:39 p.m.

Falling Skies is working for me.

viperfunk.com

Jan. 9, 2012, 7:20 p.m.

I'm really bummed Rubicon got canned. Homeland is alright, but I liked Rubicon better. Breaking Bad is good, Walter's CONSTANT terrible decisions are frustrating to watch but make for good plots :D

I like Community for a quick lighthearted show.

Jan. 25, 2012, 6:20 p.m.

IMO tv is like junk food…and the commercials are often the most amusing.

I only indulge when visiting the 'rents.

My faith in humanity has been somewhat restored after watching this show: 1000 Ways to Die.

Seems like Karma is a bitch and some people actually do get what they deserve; death has a sense of humour even if life sometimes does not:devil:

There is so much wrong with your post.

commercials are often the most amusing? Commercials are the reason I download or PVR things so that I can skip them.

1000 ways to die is the TV equivalent of the National Enquirer. Trash, trash, trash.

I bet you also like those Repo shows too.

Jan. 25, 2012, 6:26 p.m.

I just finished the first season of "American Horror Story". I didn't have high hopes for this show and figured it would fall flat pretty quickly but I liked it. Apparently Season 2 will be a new Cast/Location.

Also, Ive been enjoying "How to Make it in America".

Jan. 25, 2012, 6:30 p.m.

food network

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 25, 2012, 11:45 p.m.

Yes, there is so much wrong with me, being white trash and all….for me to enjoy the commercials that are amusing, since I rarely watch tv. I am fascinated by the crap on tv. But thankfully not fascinated enough to spend my precious time watching it more than once in a while.

Yes commercials suck but that is what is great about watching programs on the internet - no commercials.

What Repo shows? Are they any good?;)

You are entitled to your own opinions, I just cant stand commercials. They are all knock offs of those 'Old Spice" ones from the summer. Or they try to make me laugh but just come off as dumb.

and 1000 ways to die bothers me, most Spike TV shows do.

Feb. 25, 2012, 7:58 p.m.

deadwood
justified
firefly
arrested development
terriers
breaking bad
sons of anarchy
the league
freaks and geeks
dexter
jericho

I'm gonna raise the dead to throw in a prop for Justified. It's been keeping me company through a nasty flu, and god-damned if a show about southern hicks isn't wicked drama.

Feb. 26, 2012, 7:37 a.m.

Seeing as this thread has been resurected…

Sherlock - BBC show, recently completed season 2. A future Star Trek baddie and future Hobit solve crimes in modern london with a conspiracy twist. Amazingly high quality.

Black Mirror - 2 episodes of the best and smartest SciFi plots I've seen in a long time. More 'Gattaca' and 'Limitless' than Star Wars. Very adult situations from the future. And a 3rd episode with a pig, which is strangely better than you'd think.

The Fades - Imagine if Neo from the matrix was a nerdy kid and angel, and the dead were rising. Worth checking out if you're into that kind of show.

Life's Too Short - Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant write a show like 'Extras' but filmed like 'The Office' (orginal) about life as an ewok (I mean midget, uh dwarf, uh little person)

Damn BBC, you're putting out some quality shit.

Hell on Wheels - For anyone who misses Deadwood. Not as good, and no Ian McShane, but a decent distraction.

Portlandia - Anyone remember 'Almost Live'? It's like that but for Portland.

Archer - Still the reigning champ for comedy (until Venture Brothers comes back I assume)

iforonewelcome.com

Feb. 26, 2012, 5:13 p.m.

After a while Sons of Anarchy starts to look like the Dukes of Hazzard, and not in a good way.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

Feb. 29, 2012, 5:09 p.m.

Some other stuff that is really good

The IT Crowd - BBC sitcom but very funny

Spooks (known here as MI5)- another BBC show that could very well be the best show ever on TV.

Generation Kill - Young American soldiers in Iraq but not American rara type show - young kids in over their heads (while people try to kill them)

The Wire - ridiculously well written and cast. Brilliant show

Big Bang Theory - had no interest in this show but then I sat down and watched an episode or 2 and it is very funny

Battlestar Galactica (remake) - awesome.

Dogfight - this is on Netflix.com and uses graphic simulations of famous air battles from WW2 and Vietnam. I have been watching these with my 7 yr old and he loves them.

Mythbusters, Top Gear, Blue Planet BBC series, Firefly, 24 (first couple of seasons) Prison Break (first couple of seasons), Extras

Rich

Seeing as this thread has been resurected…

Sherlock - BBC show, recently completed season 2. A future Star Trek baddie and future Hobit solve crimes in modern london with a conspiracy twist. Amazingly high quality.

Black Mirror - 2 episodes of the best and smartest SciFi plots I've seen in a long time. More 'Gattaca' and 'Limitless' than Star Wars. Very adult situations from the future. And a 3rd episode with a pig, which is strangely better than you'd think.

The Fades - Imagine if Neo from the matrix was a nerdy kid and angel, and the dead were rising. Worth checking out if you're into that kind of show.

Life's Too Short - Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant write a show like 'Extras' but filmed like 'The Office' (orginal) about life as an ewok (I mean midget, uh dwarf, uh little person)

Damn BBC, you're putting out some quality shit.

Hell on Wheels - For anyone who misses Deadwood. Not as good, and no Ian McShane, but a decent distraction.

Portlandia - Anyone remember 'Almost Live'? It's like that but for Portland.

Archer - Still the reigning champ for comedy (until Venture Brothers comes back I assume)

I am a vegetarian not because I love animals but because I HATE plants.

It could be worse…you could be on fire.

Feb. 29, 2012, 7:29 p.m.

The take, bbc Canada.

Feb. 29, 2012, 10 p.m.

I just watched S01E01 of Black Mirror, and, well… fuck! That was unexpected. You can read the descripton of it on the wikipedia page about it. I didn't think that any TV production company would get the go-ahead to do something like that.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Feb. 29, 2012, 10:50 p.m.

I just watched S01E01 of Black Mirror, and, well… fuck! That was unexpected. You can read the descripton of it on the wikipedia page about it. I didn't think that any TV production company would get the go-ahead to do something like that.

DO NOT READ THE DESCRIPTION ON WIKIPEDIA!!!!!

Just go in without expectations, trust me.

Walrus, the other two aren't anything like that. E2 is pretty cool, E3 is like a Phillip K Dick short story.

iforonewelcome.com