Tungsten, it's your god damn time to shine (except the Liberal and PC parties of Canada will be sure to bury this information as they did with the Panama Papers)

July 26, 2019, 2:23 p.m.

Came across this on another site I read.. when I saw counterpunch I was gobsmacked.  Anyways, looking forward to our Liberal and PC bootlickers brushing this under the carpet like everything else.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/07/24/this-london-firm-helps-the-wealthy-hide-assets-or-steal-them-luckily-we-have-15-years-of-their-client-communications/

July 26, 2019, 4:18 p.m.

+ In one of the most explosive leaks since the Panama Papers, Barrett Brown and Emma Best have unloaded 85 gigabytes of leaked emails, phone calls, faxes, and other documents from a outfit called Formations House, where over 2K companies hid assets and money. Over the next few weeks, journalists from CounterPunch, and a few other carefully selected outlets, will be drilling through the strata of documents in search of the dirt that is surely buried there. Be sure to read Brown’s preview of this trove of corruption and villainy.

July 29, 2019, 2:17 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Anyways, looking forward to our Liberal and PC bootlickers brushing this under the carpet like everything else.

With your talent for colourful hyperbole and misdirection maybe you can become a CounterPunch contributor. :-)  

And for the record, there are tidbits of useful reporting on CP and CN, they just have a tendency to see conspiracy first, get back to journalism later.  I would know, I have read more of their articles than anyone here other than Tungsten.

July 29, 2019, 2:29 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Anyways, looking forward to our Liberal and PC bootlickers brushing this under the carpet like everything else.

With your talent for colourful hyperbole and misdirection maybe you can become a CounterPunch contributor. :-)  

And for the record, there are tidbits of useful reporting on CP and CN, they just have a tendency to see conspiracy first, get back to journalism later.  I would know, I have read more of their articles than anyone here other than Tungsten.

Colourful hyperbole is my middle name... however if you can point out where I was discussing in bad faith and using misdirection it'd be appreciated.

July 30, 2019, 9:21 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Colourful hyperbole is my middle name... however if you can point out where I was discussing in bad faith and using misdirection it'd be appreciated.

I will chalk your "bootlicking" description up to hyperbole, but I don't see how anyone here should be accused of sweeping anything under the rug.  Quite the opposite in fact.  Here you will find people willing to discuss virtually anything and most are fully accepting of the facts.

You tend to think that anything short of complete admonishment of the mainstream parties is the equivalent of supporting all their members and everything they do.  I look at politics as a choice, not an endorsement.

March 23, 2020, 7:57 p.m.

Bill Moyers reads Counterpunch!

I’m reaching right now on my desk for a story I read just this morning in CounterPunch. 

https://billmoyers.com/story/there-goes-the-rule-of-law/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 24, 2020, 11:08 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Bill Moyers reads Counterpunch!

I’m reaching right now on my desk for a story I read just this morning in CounterPunch. 

https://billmoyers.com/story/there-goes-the-rule-of-law/

Do you really want to hitch your wagon to a guy that prints online news though?  LOL

April 1, 2020, 7:14 p.m.

Tungsten is just happy that his passengers are loading & unloading via the back doors.

April 1, 2020, 9:22 p.m.

Nope, don't care no more. I massaged my AV and ain't working for teh next 4 wks. Hopefully curve will flatten out by then.

But all last wk, after some bimbo got right in my face (jfc!), I did a variation of below, but further back so it was directly above the very effective and fool proof company installed red duct tape you see on the floor there.

Last edited by: tungsten on April 1, 2020, 11:46 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
April 2, 2020, 8:57 a.m.

That red tape means business.

April 2, 2020, 9:17 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Nope, don't care no more. I massaged my AV and ain't working for teh next 4 wks. Hopefully curve will flatten out by then.

But all last wk, after some bimbo got right in my face (jfc!), I did a variation of below, but further back so it was directly above the very effective and fool proof company installed red duct tape you see on the floor there.

amateur

Oct. 30, 2020, 11:56 p.m.

Chris Hedges: “CounterPunch is the most fearless, intellectually rigorous and important publication in the United States. It dissects — and in this it is almost alone — the evils of empire, the psychosis of permanent war, the crippling neofedualism implanted by global corporate capitalism and the utter collapse of American democracy. Its honesty exposes, week after week, the hollow platitudes of our bankrupt liberal elite. No other publication in the country consistently speaks as much truth to power.”

Ralph Nader: “A roaring colosseum of commentary, columnists and tell-it-like-it-was,-is,-and-should be original reportage, complete with a bookstore whose readable volumes tear away the lies, evasions, cover-ups and myths of a censored world. Taste, digest and deepen your mind from this fresh cornucopia called CounterPunch.” 

Noam Chomsky: “It is, regrettably, no exaggeration to say that we are living in an era of irrationality, deception, confusion, anger, and unfocused fear – an ominous combination, with few precedents. There has never been a time when it was so important to have a voice of sanity, insight, understanding of what is happening in the world. CounterPunch has performed that essential service with unusual success. It is a matter of paramount importance to ensure that it will continue to do so, with even greater resources than before.” 

Pam Martens: “CounterPunch provides a perpetual message of hope to me in its fearless pursuit of speaking truth to corrupted power.” 

Tariq Ali: “The subjugation of everyday life to the processes of a cynical real-politik imposes on each citizen of Europe, America and elsewhere, an isolation that is a form of humiliation, though many think of it in terms of personal choice. It is necessary to fight back. Counter-information reflecting a different world-view is an essential part of this resistance. Every day, no matter which part of the world I’m in, I make sure to visit CounterPunch for news and views. The oxygen it provides helps to limit the pollution we are forced to breathe.” 

John Pilger: “CounterPunch is what the OpEd pages of a great newspaper ought be, and are no more. If you want to make sense of the power that bears on all our lives, read and support CounterPunch.”

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/10/30/the-end-of-counterpunch-as-we-know-it/print/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 31, 2020, 1:16 a.m.

The top three I have a lot of respect for, Noam especially so.

The bottom three are not known to me, at least off the top of my head.

I'll give it a go for a bit.

Oct. 31, 2020, 6:40 p.m.

I'll give it a go for a bit.

Careful,  ; ) 

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/10/30/the-unseen-agenda-behind-trump-destroy-the-public-realm-to-free-the-rich/print/

John McMurtry is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada whose work is translated from Latin America to Japan. He is the author of the three-volume Philosophy and World Problems published by UNESCO’s Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS), and his most recent book is The Cancer Stage of Capitalism: from Crisis to Cure.

Last edited by: tungsten on Oct. 31, 2020, 6:42 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Oct. 31, 2020, 6:50 p.m.

For the record, I was always leery of CounterPunch because of how hard you fought for Russian and Chinese interests.  I hope you are at fault for misrepresenting them.

I dislike the above as equally as I dislike our southern neighbors.

Warring nations should be shut down.