Tuesday Mass Debate - pineapple on pizza?

Jan. 14, 2021, 2:02 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Something we can agree on Shogun.  Feta is good!  I like it on eggs with fresh salsa.

I use a pizza stone in my regular oven and it comes out pretty decent.  Pineapple before cooking IMO.

try several layers of polenta with chard and feta and overbake it in the oven

Jan. 14, 2021, 9:18 p.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

Something we can agree on Shogun.  Feta is good!  I like it on eggs with fresh salsa.

I use a pizza stone in my regular oven and it comes out pretty decent.  Pineapple before cooking IMO.

You talking about a chardonnay based white sauce orrrrr ?

Jan. 18, 2021, 1:09 p.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

On pizza??

Jan. 18, 2021, 1:28 p.m.

no, just those 3

Jan. 18, 2021, 2:07 p.m.

Polenta e salsice...mmm.

Jan. 19, 2021, noon

Posted by: switch

Polenta e salsice...mmm.

Salsice is amazing. But not on pizza....I fear. Ever had one with some wild boar mixed into?

March 19, 2022, 3:03 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

There are some decent places in Van, Pizzeria Barbarella and Via Tevere are both pretty good.

I miss the days of Amadeus Pizza by Granville Island, their pepperoni was awesome.

It's resurrection day! But if you're on gi again, look into dockside at the hotel. Before I left the new chefs had a great pizza dough recipe and a forno oven to work with. In fact, most of the menu was ridiculously good, especially the Brussel sprouts.

June 23, 2022, 9:04 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

Whoa....first zed and now gearwhote?

Who's next, putty?

Hi pizza hi. 

Bye pineapple though.

June 23, 2022, 11:54 p.m.

Ham and pineapple is miles better than pepperoni.

June 24, 2022, 9:06 a.m.

As a true Canadian, I eat ham and pineapple pizza.  It's delicious goddammit!

Happy Friday all.  Does anyone have a good fast-rising dough recipe?  I do pizza every Friday and I used to just buy the pre-made dough like a lazy bastard until supply chain issues or some nonsense forced me to make my own.  I love working with the dough as it is way more pliable when fresh but I haven't landed on a good recipe yet.

June 24, 2022, 9:09 a.m.

not much help with the dough, but sprinkle some feta on and drizzle a bit of BBQ sauce over that bitch. best hawaiian pizza ever.

June 24, 2022, 9:12 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

not much help with the dough, but sprinkle some feta on and drizzle a bit of BBQ sauce over that bitch. best hawaiian pizza ever.

Oh ya?  I always have both in the fridge so I might as well try it.

June 24, 2022, 10:13 a.m.

I love working with the dough as it is way more pliable when fresh but I haven't landed on a good recipe yet.

https://www.wpr.org/recipe-overnight-straight-pizza-dough

Got an Ooni16 last year and have settled in on Ken Forkish's recipe from Salt/Water/Flour/Yeast - it's super simple.  He's got a couple of good technique vids on youtube as well for mixing it up.  Personally I like to get the dough mixed up 2 or 3 days in advance, overnight proof, then portion out in the morning and let it do its thing in the fridge until pizza night.  Slightly improves flavour and dough consistency imho.

June 27, 2022, 8:28 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

I love working with the dough as it is way more pliable when fresh but I haven't landed on a good recipe yet.

https://www.wpr.org/recipe-overnight-straight-pizza-dough

Got an Ooni16 last year and have settled in on Ken Forkish's recipe from Salt/Water/Flour/Yeast - it's super simple.  He's got a couple of good technique vids on youtube as well for mixing it up.  Personally I like to get the dough mixed up 2 or 3 days in advance, overnight proof, then portion out in the morning and let it do its thing in the fridge until pizza night.  Slightly improves flavour and dough consistency imho.

A pizza connoisseur I see.  I will try that but I am terrible at planning ahead.  Thanks.