Trump.

March 2, 2021, 10:57 a.m.

What's the difference between a White Nationalist, a White Supremacist and just a white person that doesnt agree with the liberal agenda?

Asking for a friend...

March 2, 2021, 11:50 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

What's the difference between a White Nationalist, a White Supremacist and just a white person that doesnt agree with the liberal agenda?

Asking for a friend...

What is the "liberal agenda"?

March 2, 2021, 12:48 p.m.

Asking for a friend...

My understanding is:

White Supremist - Someone who believes that there is a 'white race' and that it is superior to all other races and should therefor be in control. 

White Nationalist - Someone who believes that there should be enforced segregation of races, either through political, institutional or violent means, with the 'white' race being the enforcers. 

The term White Nationalist was pretty much created as a euphemism to shed the racist baggage of White Supremacists. Someone who identifies as a White Nationalist could claim that they aren't racist because they don't directly state that the reason races should be segregated is because the other races are inherently inferior. They could cite something mundane as the reason for segregation, like arguing for an white ethno-state based on a 'shared European cultural heritage'. 

A white person who doesn't agree with whatever the 'liberal' agenda is, is a person who doesn't agree with the 'liberal' agenda, who happens to be white. We'd have to define what the 'liberal agenda' is before it could be further parsed.

March 2, 2021, 12:54 p.m.

Posted by: Schnickelfritz

A white person who doesn't agree with whatever the 'liberal' agenda is, is a person who doesn't agree with the 'liberal' agenda, who happens to be white. We'd have to define what the 'liberal agenda' is before it could be further parsed.

Nuance is not a word that exists in Shogun's lexicon.

March 2, 2021, 2:43 p.m.

Asking for a friend...

In the American context, a white nationalist is a person that believes that America's true identity is one that can trace it's roots back to the time when white men took the land and made the rules.  That is why they jerk off to the founding fathers and the constitution, not because of their enlightened thinking of democracy, but because they were white and had all the power.  They also love to revise that history to add Christianity and Conservatism into the mix so that their fantasy world is White Conservative Christian Male Straight Landowners running everything and everyone else is supposed to conform... which is of course difficult if you are not Conservative, White, Male, Christian, Straight or Wealthy, but they will happily accept your vote if you can't check all the boxes.  They also tend to use the term "liberal agenda".  ;)

This is what the GOP adopted with Reagan and the whole "heartland" bullshit.  It's why I hate most country music.

March 2, 2021, 3:02 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

It's why I hate most country music.

Jason Isbell, Kacey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton and Sturgil Simpson. Country music without the red meat and potatoes bro-country Americuh vibes.

March 2, 2021, 3:10 p.m.

Jason Isbell, Kacey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton and Sturgil Simpson. Country music without the red meat and potatoes bro-country Americuh vibes.

I was sure to add the word "most".  :)  I do like quite a few country artists but the Merica BS turned me off the genre years ago.

March 2, 2021, 3:26 p.m.

I was sure to add the word "most".  :)  I do like quite a few country artists but the Merica BS turned me off the genre years ago.

March 2, 2021, 5:26 p.m.

🤮

March 5, 2021, 11:23 a.m.

NEW: YouTube deletes all videos of President Trump’s CPAC speech, suspends RSBN for two weeks

RSBN: Our network provides very little in the way of commentary. We basically just turn a camera on and show you what’s happening- and let you decide.People can choose to watch it, not watch it, hate it or love it. That’s called freedom.If that’s no longer allowed then God help us.

March 5, 2021, 11:36 a.m.

Hunh. It’s almost like those videos violated a private corporations terms of service so they responded as per their stated policy. 

Guess YouTube “decided”.

March 5, 2021, 12:03 p.m.

For the “Only the best people” file, a Trump administration employee, while still working for the State Department, allegedly attacked cops with one of their riot shields on Jan. 6. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/05/974011446/former-state-department-aide-charged-in-connection-with-capitol-riot

March 5, 2021, 12:07 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Hunh. It’s almost like those videos violated a private corporations terms of service so they responded as per their stated policy. 

Guess YouTube “decided”.

So the two weeks in the penalty box is also warranted?

March 5, 2021, 12:10 p.m.

For the “Only the best people” file, a Trump administration employee, while still working for the State Department, allegedly attacked cops with one of their riot shields on Jan. 6. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/05/974011446/former-state-department-aide-charged-in-connection-with-capitol-riot

Not defending the person but they used the shield because there was no guns recovered from those arrested on 1/6. And the damage control is already out: Fact check: Claim about FBI official who said bureau recovered no guns at Capitol riot is missing context

March 5, 2021, 12:10 p.m.

Guess YouTube “decided”.

So the two weeks in the penalty box is also warranted?

yes.

everyone has had plenty of warning about spreading false information - namely that the election was stolen and/or contained large amounts of fraud.

Do we need to re-litigate this?