Trump.

Feb. 28, 2021, 10:43 a.m.

hard to believe there are gullible idiots willing to look like complete asshats and support this vermin. The Orangutang Golden Statue looks identical to Mr. Potato Head who should be leading the GOP.

ZionBikeJamaica.com

Feb. 28, 2021, 11:42 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

So ... anyone latched onto the bit where the main stage at CPAC is shaped like a Nation SS symbol.

No, srsly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuciu/2021/02/27/cpac-stage-compared-to-nazi-symbol-on-social-media/

How man damn scripts does Forbes need to run its site? Sweet jeebus.

Feb. 28, 2021, 11:43 a.m.

Posted by: MADMANTOURS

hard to believe there are gullible idiots willing to look like complete asshats and support this vermin. The Orangutang Golden Statue looks identical to Mr. Potato Head who should be leading the GOP.

Friendly heads up, Mr Potato Head is no longer a Mr, mister.

Feb. 28, 2021, 11:43 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

That’s...a bit of a stretch.

Just like the 30 or so DC cops under scrutiny for involvment in 1/6....

Feb. 28, 2021, 11:48 a.m.

I read something hilarious yet possibly frightening for those still haunted and triggered by the bad orange man. So I obviously I must share this:

Trump will (somehow) become Speaker of the House. He doesnt have to even impeach Joe, just 25th him. Harris isnt naturalized so no beuno for Prez and Trump's back in. There's a big emphasis on the somehow in brackets btw.

Feb. 28, 2021, 5:47 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I read something hilarious yet possibly frightening for those still haunted and triggered by the bad orange man. So I obviously I must share this:

Trump will (somehow) become Speaker of the House. He doesnt have to even impeach Joe, just 25th him. Harris isnt naturalized so no beuno for Prez and Trump's back in. There's a big emphasis on the somehow in brackets btw.

Seriously.  Get off Twitter.

Kamala Harris not naturalized?  She was born in Oakland California.  Good to see the same racist birtherism bullshit playbook come back in vogue.

Feb. 28, 2021, 6:05 p.m.

I'll just leave this here

Posted by: syncro

Cant we just shotgun beers instead? This is childish and pedantic / Peter Griffin.

Here's the thing tho, imo at least, your way of doing things contributes significantly to the dysfunction in these threads. Your graph post is a concrete example which is why I've engaged with it. I do think you have valid questions/concerns at times, but your methods/sources you use in exploring them tend to lead to shit shows.

March 1, 2021, 12:41 p.m.

CPAC was pretty terrifying.  Every one of them claiming the the real big lie is that there is no evidence of wide spread voter fraud.  Show us this fucking evidence then!  The Tea Party was ridiculous, but this has escalated fast.

March 1, 2021, 1:42 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

That’s...a bit of a stretch.

If it were just this once, I'd agree.  But there is a history of Republicans using symbols in their communications that have close resemblance to Nazi symbols - especially with the onset of the tRump era.  Once or twice can be dismissed as coincidence.  After that, it's no longer random.

March 1, 2021, 2 p.m.

You want scary?  Here is the full agenda from the weekend's CPAC ...

https://cpac.conservative.org/agenda/

A little sampling ...

FRIDAY

10:50 AM Bill of Rights, Liberty, and Cancel Culture - Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)

11:05 AM Protecting Elections Part 1: Voting is Democracy: Why we Must Protect Elections - Deroy Murdock, Fox News Contributor

11:15 AM Protecting Elections Part 2: Other Culprits: How Judges & Media Refused to Look at the Evidence - Jesse Binnall, Harvey & Binnall, PLLC; Deroy Murdock, Fox News Contributor; Hans Von Spakovsky, The Heritage Foundation; Moderated by Denise Cohen, American Conservative Union Foundation 

1:10 PM Protecting Elections Part 3: The Left Pulled the Strings, Covered It Up, and Even Admits It - Fmr. Rep. Jason Chaffetz, Fox News Contributor 

SATURDAY

4:10 PM Exposing the Climate Hustle with Kevin Sorbo: by Heartland Inst. & CFACT Bayhill 23 & 24 - Sponsored by CFACT

4:15 PM Losing My Religion? Why a Christian Worldview is Foundational to Political Engagement Panel with: Jack Brewer, Jenna Ellis, Dave Brat, Penny Nance - Bayhill 25 & 26 - Sponsored by Standing For Freedom Center 

and so on.  Just the titles of some of these sessions is horrifying.  And of course, we all know that "protecting" elections is Republican dog-whistle for stealing them ... right?

March 1, 2021, 3:49 p.m.

So ... anyone latched onto the bit where the main stage at CPAC is shaped like a Nation SS symbol.

No, srsly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuciu/2021/02/27/cpac-stage-compared-to-nazi-symbol-on-social-media/

I'd love to hear a plausible explanation from planners, so far all they've said is it's a 'ridiculous conspiracy theory'. I've honestly never seen a stage this shape though...

March 1, 2021, 6:16 p.m.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s intentional, but I think it’s more likely that some stage director is sitting in their office somewhere shitting themselves. I’ll need to see some evidence of intent on this one.

March 2, 2021, 8:31 a.m.

Well, I have read a couple articles with statements by event planners.  The planners have said that this is a very poor design from an event management/flow perspective.  So why implement a bad design unless there was another intent?

Also, note that the original proto-germanic Odal rune does not have the serifs (extra bits that stick out from the legs.  It looks like the legs of a bench --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odal_(rune)#/media/File:Odal.svg

The Nazi version has the serifs --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odal_(rune)#/media/File:Odal_rune.svg

Also, note that the serifs on the Nazi version are, very specifically, shorter than the body of the rune.  Which (coincidentally?) are matched exactly by the proportions of the staging.

March 2, 2021, 10:22 a.m.

I'll just leave this here

Cant we just shotgun beers instead? This is childish and pedantic / Peter Griffin.

Here's the thing tho, imo at least, your way of doing things contributes significantly to the dysfunction in these threads. Your graph post is a concrete example which is why I've engaged with it. I do think you have valid questions/concerns at times, but your methods/sources you use in exploring them tend to lead to shit shows.

You literally just highlighted whats wrong with you and probably everyone else who 'doesnt understand my posts'. That being, I state something is conjecture yet you supposed genii somehow gloss right over that just to make it look like I believe it? Who's echo is the loudest loudest.

March 2, 2021, 10:32 a.m.

Well, I have read a couple articles with statements by event planners. The planners have said that this is a very poor design from an event management/flow perspective. So why implement a bad design unless there was another intent?

Also, note that the original proto-germanic Odal rune does not have the serifs (extra bits that stick out from the legs. It looks like the legs of a bench --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odal_(rune)#/media/File:Odal.svg

The Nazi version has the serifs --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odal_(rune)#/media/File:Odal_rune.svg

Also, note that the serifs on the Nazi version are, very specifically, shorter than the body of the rune. Which (coincidentally?) are matched exactly by the proportions of the staging.

In a vacuum, I wouldn't give a second thought to the shape of the stage at the RNC. Considering the context though? It was the venue for the 'comeback' speech of a former-President who has been, at best, an apologist for White Nationalists, at worst, a willing participant in the furtherance of the White Nationalist agenda.

Circumstantial evidence, in sufficient quantities, can still be conclusive and there is a mounting pile of circumstantial evidence linking Trump and the RNC to white supremists that is becoming more and more difficult to brush off as coincidence.

Last edited by: Schnickelfritz on March 2, 2021, 10:32 a.m., edited 1 time in total.