Trump.

Oct. 6, 2020, 1:10 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Sorry.  I didn't mean to get your hopes up.  LOL

Since Twitter removed it for spreading false info

“Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!”

It's back...

Oct. 6, 2020, 1:10 p.m.

“Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!”

From a very simplistic level of reasoning what he's saying or trying to say does make some sense. However, it falls apart when you start to analyze things. Consider that in 6 months there are double the number of deaths you'd see in bad flu year and quadruple the number you'd typically see. Extrapolate those numbers out to a year and it's not really a close comparison at all. Another factor is that those flu deaths happen with no real restrictions on the movements or activities of the general public. Tack on to that the idea of how covid spreads and easily becomes clear that seasonal flu and covid aren't the same thing. That said, the general idea of what he's saying has a tiny amount of merit. We are going to have to learn to live with this thing over the short term. That means modifying much of our lifestyle to limit the spread of covid but doesn't mean closing down the country. It's not an all or none decision, but it does mean that the majority of the public is going to have to buy in and follow the proper precautions in order to keep things from getting shut down. I don't know if the US can do that (I think Canada can tho)  and unfortunately the way Trump is speaking and guiding policy it is going to make it a heck of a lot harder. By not taking the right precautions they're going to make things way worse for themselves.

Oct. 6, 2020, 1:26 p.m.

I was thinking the same thing Syncro.  We weigh lives every day and society can't live in a Nerf world.  Look at speed limits.  Drop them in half and think of all the lives saved.  There is a limit to how much we should hamper living to save ourselves from the virus.

What the Republicans do though is make every topic one of "all or nothing".  It's open it all up or lock it all down.  That way they don't have to wear masks or be responsible for their actions.  Masks = Lock Down.  

This virus is clearly much worse than the flu for deaths and could be exponentially worse for long-lasting symptoms.  That is why I always wear a mask when I am out and vigilant on handwashing and keeping apart from other people.   I think we can control this virus by good people doing what they can to limit the spread in Canada.  The US simply can't do it.

Oct. 6, 2020, 2:01 p.m.

die donald, die

Oct. 6, 2020, 2:22 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

From a very simplistic level of reasoning what he's saying or trying to say does make some sense. However, it falls apart when you start to analyze things. Consider that in 6 months there are double the number of deaths you'd see in bad flu year and quadruple the number you'd typically see. Extrapolate those numbers out to a year and it's not really a close comparison at all. Another factor is that those flu deaths happen with no real restrictions on the movements or activities of the general public. Tack on to that the idea of how covid spreads and easily becomes clear that seasonal flu and covid aren't the same thing. That said, the general idea of what he's saying has a tiny amount of merit. We are going to have to learn to live with this thing over the short term. That means modifying much of our lifestyle to limit the spread of covid but doesn't mean closing down the country. It's not an all or none decision, but it does mean that the majority of the public is going to have to buy in and follow the proper precautions in order to keep things from getting shut down. I don't know if the US can do that (I think Canada can tho)  and unfortunately the way Trump is speaking and guiding policy it is going to make it a heck of a lot harder. By not taking the right precautions they're going to make things way worse for themselves.

The biggest issue, imo, is that it isn't just a death/recovery dichotomy.  With more common diseases like most flu variants and common colds, that is the case, but with COVID, there are a host of long term effects that can affect one's quality of life after dodging death and making a recovery.  And that is totally ignored by the Republicans/right wing, and isn't stated loudly enough by the left/science community/health care workers.

Oct. 6, 2020, 2:23 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

die donald, die

I want him to live, lose, and be paraded before the courts in multiple cases.  I want him to get hit so hard that he experiences narcissistic decompensation.

Oct. 6, 2020, 4:08 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

die donald, die

I want him to live, lose, and be paraded before the courts in multiple cases.  I want him to get hit so hard that he experiences narcissistic decompensation.

For sure, ya, totally... (Googles "narcissistic decompensation") OK ya, I want that too.  Let the Orange Man live.  Make him suffer first though.

Oct. 6, 2020, 11:30 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

I struggle to imagine how one can have such insanely strong and insanely random opinions all at the same time.

I hope you someday find the peace you seek.

It all comes from those sites he loves.  The West is evil, therefore all other nations are victims.

yo, inculcates.....

The geopolitically contentious Nord Stream 2 project, which is on the brink of completion, will transport 55 billion cubic meters of Russian natural gas yearly under the Baltic Sea to German ports, which will then supply other European markets.

A year ago the Danish Energy Agency approved a 147-km route that runs through a short stretch of sea over Denmark’s continental shelf. What just happened amounts to a formality.  

It is the timing of the peaceable Danes’ announcement that matters. Washington recently launched a desperate, last-ditch campaign to scuttle the project, the centerpiece of which is the ridiculous charade involving the alleged poisoning of Alexei Navalny, Russia’s grandstanding, popular-but-not-very, oppositionist. 

This was intended to alienate Berlin from Moscow, so prompting Chancellor Angela Merkel to bail on the Nord Stream 2 agreement in the name of good old-fashioned East–West animosity.   

This transparent trickery now appears to have failed. Merkel parried briefly on this question but signaled two weeks ago that, as she has long argued, Nord Stream 2 is a commercial undertaking that is not available for geopolitical manipulation. And now Copenhagen pointedly casts its vote: In its larger context it is a vote against Washington, a refusal to reenlist in a new Cold War just where the first left off. Prediction: The rest of Europe will now follow.   

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/10/06/patrick-lawrence-europe-going-its-own-way/

http://patricklawrence.us/

Oct. 6, 2020, 11:32 p.m.

die donald, die

For sure, ya, totally... (Googles "narcissistic decompensation") OK ya, I want that too.  Let the Orange Man live.  Make him suffer first though.

too messy. die donald, die!

Oct. 7, 2020, 8:17 a.m.

die donald, die

It's popular to think that Epstein was assassinated in his cell, but it's almost certain that he was a pathological narcissist.  Being caught and exposed as a true monster, he couldn't hide behind his facade of charm and decompensated.  Suicide is not unusual for a decompensated narcissist.

Oct. 7, 2020, 9:01 a.m.

die donald, die

It's popular to think that Epstein was assassinated in his cell, but it's almost certain that he was a pathological narcissist.  Being caught and exposed as a true monster, he couldn't hide behind his facade of charm and decompensated.  Suicide is not unusual for a decompensated narcissist.

All very interesting, but he was murdered for sure.  :)

Oct. 7, 2020, 9:08 a.m.

yo, inculcates.....

Believe what you want Tungsten, but I will point out once again that you align with Putin in your beliefs.  Another coincidence?  So many coincidences over so many years.

Oct. 7, 2020, 7:44 p.m.

Harris was weak.  Thanks for doing Trump a favour.

Oct. 8, 2020, 8:44 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Harris was weak. Thanks for doing Trump a favour.

That debate didn't do anyone a favour. The only one getting a boost in the polls is that fly.

So Trump is refusing to do the debate online next week.  Scared to look like an asshole again, scared he can't do it because he has COVID pneumonia and he won't be able to hide it or both?

Last edited by: chupacabra on Oct. 8, 2020, 8:45 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 8, 2020, 9:22 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Harris was weak. Thanks for doing Trump a favour.

That debate didn't do anyone a favour. The only one getting a boost in the polls is that fly.

So Trump is refusing to do the debate online next week.  Scared to look like an asshole again, scared he can't do it because he has COVID pneumonia and he won't be able to hide it or both?

The die hard right wingers say he won the last "interrogation" and doesn't need to do another because it's rigged against him.