Trump.

June 20, 2020, 1:13 a.m.

Donald Trump and Keith Richards

In December of 1989, the Rolling Stones were near the end of a US tour, and the idea of their adding a pay-per-view concert to the end of the tour was floated. I might add that this was exactly twenty years after the disastrous concert at Altamont, when the Stones faced similar problems arranging that free concert at the end of their 1969 tour. The main problem in each case was finding a venue on very short notice. The 1989 tour manager Michael Cole tried Las Vegas without result and turned to Atlantic City where he found a venue available. But the deal would have to include Donald Trump as one of the producers. When Cohl told the Stones of Trump’s involvement, their reaction Cohl said was, “We’re not going to be affiliated with Donald Trump. At all. Screw you.”

Possibly the Stones were thinking back to the violence at Altamont which culminated with one of the Hells Angels stabbing to death a man waving a gun in front of the stage while the Stones were playing. Whatever. Kohl told them he would “manage” Trump, and finally the Stones relented and agreed to a deal under three conditions: Trump could do no news conferences. He could not attend the concert. And he could not even be on the premises.

The night of the show began inauspiciously–as events had at Altamont. Trump gave himself top billing: “Donald Trump Presents The Rolling Stones.” Keith Richards was livid. It got worse. Just as in so many other situations in his life, something bad on his account he proceeded to make worse. As someone said of him, the only time he stops shooting himself in the foot is when he stops to reload.

After the billing became known, Kohl was told that Trump was giving a press conference in the room where the Stones were to give their pre-concert press conference. Kohl went to Trump and reminded him of the conditions he had agreed to. Trump protested, “But Michael, they begged me…they begged me.” Kohl stood firm and Trump left. A short time later while Kohl was with the Stones, a crew member came and said that Trump was back at it.

At that point Keith Richards pulled out a large stainless-steel pocket knife, stuck it in the table and said to Kohl, “What the hell do I have you for? Do I have to go over there and fire him myself? One of us is leaving the building. Either him or us.”

Kohl went back to Trump whose response was a predictable escalation. He was furious. He said, “You don’t know anything! Your guys suck!”

Trump had with him according to Kohl “three shtarkers.” Thugs, that is. Two of them put on gloves, the third a set of brass knuckles. Kohl called the head of Stones security on his walkie-talkie and said he had a problem and needed some help. The head of security must have previously had dealings with Trump and anticipated accordingly. He told Kohl to look behind himself. Kohl saw forty members of the security crew walking in with tire irons, hockey sticks and screw drivers in hand. Kohn turned back to Trump and said, “Now are you gonna go, Donald?”

Trump and his thugs slouched out. This time for good.

In May of 2016 when Trump was winning primaries and looking like the certain Republican nominee, the Atlantic City episode was mentioned to Keith Richards in a BBC interview. Richards’ reply was, “Now America has to get rid of him. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20150825111054/http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=819781 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-the-rolling-stones-vs-donald-trump-yarn-atlantic-city-gig-20160315-story.html

Last edited by: tungsten on June 20, 2020, 1:14 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 21, 2020, 8:14 a.m.

Tulsa rally turns out to be a flop. Cue the exscuses.

June 21, 2020, 12:48 p.m.

Trump said 800K people wanted tickets to his Tulsa event.  6200 people attended.

Rumor is that a bunch of "youths" spammed the ticket requests to inflate the demand.

June 21, 2020, 1:39 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Trump said 800K people wanted tickets to his Tulsa event.  6200 people attended.

Rumor is that a bunch of "youths" spammed the ticket requests to inflate the demand.

AOC was dumb enough to tweet about it. The other rumor is that other protestor's were basically blocking the metal detectors, barring entry and being their general selves. Havent seen too many other vid's or pics from outside before, during or after the event.

June 21, 2020, 1:42 p.m.

I'm surprised no ones talking about the strong arm of the law sacking Berman, the US Attorny for SDNY (South District). There are some interesting cases in that jurisdiction (nxivm, clinton foundation, epstein...) - we'll see if its to unplug the swamp drain or just add bodies the bottom.

June 21, 2020, 1:46 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Tulsa rally turns out to be a flop. Cue the excuses.

Sure its not an official "rally"... and quick ! edit your original text before the grammer nazi see's the spelling mistake.

June 21, 2020, 1:52 p.m.

I heard it was the Tik tok & k pop crowd

June 21, 2020, 2:39 p.m.

The fire department said that nobody was barred from entry, and the event was first come first serve so no matter how many tickets were reserved you could get in if you were there. 

Nobody came. The fire dept said 6400 people were there.

June 22, 2020, 9:12 a.m.

I think this shows that his support is probably dissolving, but also that the red hats take COVID more seriously than they let on.

June 22, 2020, 9:18 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I'm surprised no ones talking about the strong arm of the law sacking Berman, the US Attorny for SDNY (South District). There are some interesting cases in that jurisdiction (nxivm, clinton foundation, epstein...) - we'll see if its to unplug the swamp drain or just add bodies the bottom.

Some interesting cases for sure, but you seem to have skipped a couple.  

Guiliani and his Ukraine business dealings
Deutsche bank
Foreign contributions to Trump's inauguration
Turkish Halkbank 

People are saying that Barr is tied up in the Ukraine stuff so he is trying to save his own skin.

June 22, 2020, 12:14 p.m.

Chup, you're hysterical! No, really.....

From the Know-Nothingism of the 1850s, to the Palmer Raids of a century ago, to the McCarthyism of the 1950s, to the New Red Scare (“Russiagate”) of the last four years, mass hysteria has been the perennial bread and butter of mainstream American politics.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/06/22/no-were-not-all-antifa-now-but-we-should-be/

June 22, 2020, 12:21 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Deutsche bank
Turkish Halkbank 

People are saying that Barr is tied up in the Ukraine stuff so he is trying to save his own skin.

If I didnt know of those, is it still skipping it? I think a lot of people and different levels of companies and even governments or dept's are tied up Ukraine - not just US politicians. And foreign donations are usually acceptable if its not for the election campaign or from foreign governments if I'm not mistaken (or some mix of both). I've said it a few times on here that given Barr's past, I wouldnt be surprised about anything he does or has done.

Shall I semi assume you're leaning towards the McDon covering up his dirty dealings? Maybe his  russian pee tape has been digitized, the original burned and is now residing on the DNC server in the Ukraine and all of this, even his Presidency was just to cover it up? Why the hell not 2020s just half done right ?

June 22, 2020, 2:13 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Deutsche bank
Turkish Halkbank 

If I didnt know of those, is it still skipping it? I think a lot of people and different levels of companies and even governments or dept's are tied up Ukraine - not just US politicians. And foreign donations are usually acceptable if its not for the election campaign or from foreign governments if I'm not mistaken (or some mix of both). I've said it a few times on here that given Barr's past, I wouldnt be surprised about anything he does or has done.

Shall I semi assume you're leaning towards the McDon covering up his dirty dealings? Maybe his  russian pee tape has been digitized, the original burned and is now residing on the DNC server in the Ukraine and all of this, even his Presidency was just to cover it up? Why the hell not 2020s just half done right ?

I am leaning that direction, but Barr might be covering his own ass too because I think he might be implicated in something not good in the Guiliani investigation.  Barr is the one that claimed Berman would be stepping down, not Trump.  The firing doesn't make a lot of sense other than to bury something.  Berman was appointed by Trump, what did he do recently that would get him fired.  This is an election year when candidates try to look stable.

June 22, 2020, 5:07 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

I heard it was the Tik tok & k pop crowd

You heard?  As in you're in the loop? Or you just saw the CBC article and also think its the funniest thing ever.   

Brilliant move, even if its 20% truth

June 22, 2020, 6:26 p.m.

How about this shit...

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/6/22/headlines/kentucky_slashes_95_of_polling_places_ahead_of_primary_election