Trump.

May 11, 2020, 6:28 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

lol Switch learns to use bullet points. Flynns lie's have all been described as procedural in nature. All of what you said was true! But it also happened 3 years ago and was just thrown out of court for a littany of reasons.

If Flynn's Judge who was not a Trump appointee dismissed the case , why would it need to be reviewed by anyone else other than for usual procedure's?  Do you understand why a Judge dismisses a case? Is evidence gathered from a dismissed case admissable in future proceedings?

Has or did the Flynn judge come forward disclosing any pressure from Barr or the DOJ to dismiss it the Flynn case?

Because aside from that, you guys have nothing left to throw at Flynn.

The judge didn't dismiss the case, the DOJ decided that they wanted to drop the case, so this is all Barr.  It goes through the judge but it is a rubber stamp as far as I can tell so Barr will win this one, which is good for Flynn because this is the judge that tore Flynn a  new one and said: "Arguably, you have sold your country out."

I am not sure what you mean by procedural in nature, but Flynn is guilty of Making False Statements, which is a process crime, the keyword being "crime".  None of the career prosecutors that worked on this case would sign off on Barr's decision.  None.

Looks like we can talk about this now: Justice Department corrects error in motion to dismiss Michael Flynn's case

And yes, I did get the judge dismissing it wrong. As for dismissal by Barr - he (or another entity at the DOJ, should consider that) could be doing the FBI a favor by dismissing it.

May 11, 2020, 6:47 p.m.

ps: those are far from my sites of choice. You asked for sources, I gave them.

If chup provided sources like that I’m pretty sure you would chalk it up as fake news, no?

May 12, 2020, 5:42 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

If chup provided sources like that I’m pretty sure you would chalk it up as fake news, no?

Well the last link I checked from him was whatever Ukraine timeline he thought was amazeballs but had way too much unncessary info to assist. I dont really do or try not to do the fake news claims because obviously I'd receive even more of the pot calling the kettle black comments and lets say even I could prove whatever it is I'm supposed to prove, the majority of NBR wouldnt accept it. Unless it's an obvious tall tale like Russian interference. I do find it repetitively inane yet oddly humurous when the majority of NBR says the MSM is bought and paid for but then go on to use it, cite it, believe it and live by it.

Sooo I'll try to describe it like this. There are two things the majority of people would find both unbelievable and borderline impossible: Breath-arians and Sun-gazers. Now, I cant explain how either of those actually work but I understand them to be true and possible because people survive that way. Try it out sometime: tell someone that people can live on air alone or you can get sustenance from looking into the sun during sunrise and sunset while barefoot & grounded and check the looks you get (and forget going further with the proofs because you dont want to be "one of them"). Or b/c of social media, all the woke people you ask will know, like totally of course man.

So generally when we're on topics that require some time for the given picture to come full fruition such as Flynn's case, there's still the glaring fact that we're getting highly sanitized versions and probably due to Flynn's previous security clearance, half of what matters cant be told until its disseminated, possibly used in future proceedings and redacted. The Flynn case has implications.

May 12, 2020, 5:59 p.m.

@Breaking911

#BREAKING: D.C. District Judge Emmet Sullivan says in a statement he will allow outside parties to weigh in on the Michael Flynn case. Sullivan, a Clinton appointee, has yet to approve the DOJ's motion to drop the charges against the former national security adviser

WTF other outside parties would that be?

May 12, 2020, 6:29 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Well the last link I checked from him was whatever Ukraine timeline he thought was amazeballs but had way too much unncessary info to assist. I dont really do or try not to do the fake news claims because obviously I'd receive even more of the pot calling the kettle black comments and lets say even I could prove whatever it is I'm supposed to prove, the majority of NBR wouldnt accept it. Unless it's an obvious tall tale like Russian interference. I do find it repetitively inane yet oddly humurous when the majority of NBR says the MSM is bought and paid for but then go on to use it, cite it, believe it and live by it.

Sooo I'll try to describe it like this. There are two things the majority of people would find both unbelievable and borderline impossible: Breath-arians and Sun-gazers. Now, I cant explain how either of those actually work but I understand them to be true and possible because people survive that way. Try it out sometime: tell someone that people can live on air alone or you can get sustenance from looking into the sun during sunrise and sunset while barefoot & grounded and check the looks you get (and forget going further with the proofs because you dont want to be "one of them"). Or b/c of social media, all the woke people you ask will know, like totally of course man.

So generally when we're on topics that require some time for the given picture to come full fruition such as Flynn's case, there's still the glaring fact that we're getting highly sanitized versions and probably due to Flynn's previous security clearance, half of what matters cant be told until its disseminated, possibly used in future proceedings and redacted. The Flynn case has implications.

Thank you! I had a shit day dealing with COV bureaucrats and I really needed the laugh. I wish you could hear my Wiser’s Clap.👏 👏 👏

May 12, 2020, 7:21 p.m.

That’s a lot of words just to say that you can’t tell the difference between credible information and bullshit.

May 12, 2020, 7:38 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

That’s a lot of words just to say that you can’t tell the difference between credible information and bullshit.

lol

May 13, 2020, 12:19 a.m.

May 13, 2020, 4:11 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Needs more chins.

May 13, 2020, 8:15 a.m.

Serious lols happening over here...   

meathead

May 14, 2020, 10:07 p.m.

Moar bad news for Russiaphobes... heh heh.....

In a Sept. 15, 2016, meeting between Papadopolous and an FBI-controlled CHS, Papadopolous was asked outright whether or not the Trump campaign could benefit from third-party intervention from the likes of WikiLeaks or Russia. Papadopolous made it clear in his response that no one in the campaign was advocating for this kind of intervention because it was “illegal,” “compromised national security,” and “set a bad precedent.”

“At the end of the day,” Papadopolous said, “it’s an illegal, it’s illegal activity. Espionage is treason. This is a form of treason.” And when asked by a second FBI-controlled CHS on Oct. 29, 2016,about who he thought was behind the hacking of the DNC, Papadopolous responded that it could be “the Chinese,” “the Iranians,” “Bernie supporters,” or “Anonymous” — but not the Russians. “Dude, Russia doesn’t have any interest in it anyways,” Papadopolous said. “They — dude, no one knows how a president is going to govern anyways. I mean…Congress is very hostile to Russia anyways.” It was a prescient, and telling, exchange — one the FBI chose to ignore.

In the court filing detailing the facts sustaining Papadopolous’s guilty plea, Mueller declared that “defendant PAPADOPOULOS impeded the FBI’s ongoing investigation into the existence of any links or coordination between individuals associated with the Campaign and the Russian government’s efforts to interfere with the 2016 presidential election.”

However, any careful examination of the data used by the FBI to link Papadopolous to the WikiLeaks release of DNC emails on July 22, 2016, clearly shows that there was absolutely no connection. As such, Papadopolous’s conversation with Mifsud had zero material bearing on the FBI’s investigation, a fact known to the FBI prior to its interview of Papadopolous on Jan. 27, 2017.

Indeed, the demonstrative lack of connection between Papadopolous and the hacking of the DNC should have been grounds for shutting down the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. There is only one explanation for the FBI’s actions in continuing to pursue Papadopolous — the interview was a perjury trap, plain and simple, designed to generate a conviction that would politically damage a sitting president and create the impression that the investigation into Russian collusion was more credible than it actually was.

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/05/14/as-another-perjury-trap-is-exposed-the-fbis-case-against-trump-collapses/

Last edited by: tungsten on May 15, 2020, 8:50 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
May 15, 2020, 8:42 a.m.

How is that bad news?  The Mueller report already stated that they did not find sufficient evidence of conspiracy, just that they were not too smart.  The conclusion was that there were 10 cases of obstruction by the Trump team and plenty of evidence of Russian interference in the election which he is still warning everyone about.  "Collusion" isn't a legal term but was never going to be an easy thing to prove which is why Trump used the word thousands of times leading up to the report being released.  That is how he shapes the narrative.  He never said "No obstruction". 

All these guys got busted for lying to the FBI and you are falling for the right-wing fantasy that it is OK to lie if they can't figure out why you lied or if it wasn't over a crime.  Clinton lied under oath about something that isn't even a misdemeanor.  

It amazes me how much leeway people think these guys should have had.  "Perjury trap" is just another ring wing talking point to make you think it is unethical FBI behaviour.

It has been argued by legal scholars whether it constitutes a form of entrapment. Claims of a perjury trap are common when perjury charges result from testimony before a grand jury, but are rarely proven. No US federal court has ever accepted a motion to dismiss because of claimed perjury trap.

May 15, 2020, 3:20 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

All these guys got busted for lying to the FBI and you are falling for the right-wing fantasy that it is OK to lie if they can't figure out why you lied or if it wasn't over a crime. 

It amazes me how much leeway people think these guys should have had.  "Perjury trap" is just another ring wing talking point to make you think it is unethical FBI behaviour.

It has been argued by legal scholars whether it constitutes a form of entrapment. Claims of a perjury trap are common when perjury charges result from testimony before a grand jury, but are rarely proven. No US federal court has ever accepted a motion to dismiss because of claimed perjury trap.

This will be hilarious in a few months to look back on if ObamaGate actually gets going.

May 15, 2020, 8:55 p.m.

+ I’m hyped for some ObamaGate action, as long as its about things that matter: health care plan designed by Heritage Foundation, bailing out Wall Street, failing to close Gitmo, droning US citizens, Afghan surge, the jailing of whistleblowers and legal harassment of journalists, the Libyan and Honduran coups, mass surveillance, the funding and arming of proxy wars in Yemen and Syria, record deportations, Deepwater Horizon, new nukes (both power plants and weapons), etc…

May 15, 2020, 8:58 p.m.