Trump.

April 6, 2020, 10:21 a.m.

Trump takes technical  question on hydroxychloroquine and gives answer.  Fauci is asked same question and Trump butts in and won't let him answer.  Now Navarro says he knows more than Fauci.

Trump says his actions on shutting down flights from China in late January saved the country.  Too bad that 40,000 more people were able to enter the country from there after the ban.

Even better, Intel communities (including the CIA) briefed Trump and his administration about the impending pandemic back in January.  It was ignored.  But some briefed Senators believed it and were abled to dump their stock portfolios.

The Trump administration is like a Fiat 500 with a dozen clowns getting out.

April 6, 2020, 10:25 a.m.

Trumps obviously personally invested in hydroxychloroquine why else would he keep pushing it

April 6, 2020, 10:34 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Trumps obviously personally invested in hydroxychloroquine why else would he keep pushing it

I am sure Jared is on it.  He also needs a "cure" before the election.

April 6, 2020, 11:16 a.m.

I think he's trying to fuck this up so he can have a reason to cancel election

April 6, 2020, 11:24 a.m.

Trump's businesses are taking a big hit, and he doesn't have a lot of liquidity.  Also, the Trump organization is barred from receiving any money from the stimulus package.  Hence the push to open things back up.

April 6, 2020, 11:53 a.m.

Trump Is Gutting Our Democracy While We’re Dealing with Coronavirus
The president’s firing of the intelligence watchdog who validated the Ukraine whistle-blower complaint is his latest threat to the rule of law.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/opinion/atkinson-inspector-general-ukraine-fired.html

April 6, 2020, 11:53 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

I think he's trying to fuck this up so he can have a reason to cancel election

Sadly, chances are that you're right.

April 6, 2020, 4:23 p.m.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/04/06/covid-19-and-the-failures-of-capitalism/

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/04/06/capitalism-in-america-has-dropped-the-mask-its-face-is-cruel-and-selfish/

Off with their heads.

https://youtu.be/jgGp7Zvz5QA

Last edited by: tungsten on April 6, 2020, 4:31 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
April 6, 2020, 5:37 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

There is no argument to be made that redeems Trump's actions in this pandemic.  This clearly requires a national response, and he is shitting the bed.

So what the sam hell is the CDC and NIH for? Before another one of Obama's beauracracy's was born, which US organization was responsibile to handle such a thing? Or did the US not actually have a plan for this shit?

....I would've thought you'd be against bloated governments ;)

April 6, 2020, 5:55 p.m.

Obama appointed someone to the NSC whose job was to deal with this exact scenario. Trump, on his "kill everything Obama", canned the position. Regardless, Trump was briefed numerous times in the last few months about the dangers of COVID and chose to ignore the intelligence.

Oh, and Trump really lost it today.

Last edited by: switch on April 6, 2020, 8:03 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 6, 2020, 8:22 p.m.

I

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: chupacabra

There is no argument to be made that redeems Trump's actions in this pandemic.  This clearly requires a national response, and he is shitting the bed.

So what the sam hell is the CDC and NIH for? Before another one of Obama's beauracracy's was born, which US organization was responsibile to handle such a thing... 

I remembember Ebola never happened

April 7, 2020, 12:43 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Obama appointed someone to the NSC whose job was to deal with this exact scenario.  Trump, on his "kill everything Obama", canned the position.  Regardless, Trump was briefed numerous times in the last few months about the dangers of COVID and chose to ignore the intelligence.

By appointed do you mean like a Czar or more like a fall guy? Perhaps you can find me an article that says Trump killed this himself or if he appointed someone to slash stuff and this is a result of it.

April 7, 2020, 12:56 a.m.

Why should I find it for you when it's all over the news.

Peter Navarro sent a memo to Trump at the end of January, and in the memo here warned Trump of the dire risk to the both human health and the economy of the USA.  Again, Trump ignored it.

April 7, 2020, 4:04 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Obama appointed someone to the NSC whose job was to deal with this exact scenario.  Trump, on his "kill everything Obama", canned the position.  Regardless, Trump was briefed numerous times in the last few months about the dangers of COVID and chose to ignore the intelligence.

By appointed do you mean like a Czar or more like a fall guy? Perhaps you can find me an article that says Trump killed this himself or if he appointed someone to slash stuff and this is a result of it.

What difference does it make whether Trump appointed someone or did it himself. If he is truly a leader it’s still his fault.

April 7, 2020, 11:04 a.m.

Why should I find it for you when it's all over the news.

Peter Navarro sent a memo to Trump at the end of January, and in the memo here warned Trump of the dire risk to the both human health and the economy of the USA.  Again, Trump ignored it.

Oh right, the same news thats been oh so honest for the last 3 years in particular?

Navarro from Trump U? Why would you expect Trump to listen anyways?