Trump.

March 30, 2020, 7:22 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: chupacabra

2020 is not 2016.

Back to the future, chumps.

https://twitter.com/anastasiakeeley/status/1244707683858604040

OK, sure, Bernie bros still have their panties in a bunch I will give you that.

March 30, 2020, 7:55 p.m.

2020 is not 2016.

What's the analogue of Bernie Bros. for Biden?

(Can you confirm you are using Bernie Bros. as a derogatory term?)

March 30, 2020, 11:27 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

2020 is not 2016.

https://theintercept.com/2016/01/31/the-bernie-bros-narrative-a-cheap-false-campaign-tactic-masquerading-as-journalism-and-social-activism/

March 30, 2020, 11:43 p.m.

^^

March 31, 2020, 4:36 a.m.

2020 is not 2016.

https://theintercept.com/2016/01/31/the-bernie-bros-narrative-a-cheap-false-campaign-tactic-masquerading-as-journalism-and-social-activism/

Seems irrelevant

Last edited by: FLATCH on March 31, 2020, 4:37 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 31, 2020, 8:54 a.m.

2020 is not 2016.

I don't think there is one for Biden.  People don't lose their shit for the status quo.  

Is it derogatory?  Yes, to some degree.  I spend time on Reddit discussing politics (big surprise, I am sure) and whatever the Intercept wants to say about liberal media does not take away from my experience chatting with young idealist Bernie supporters.  They love to say "he is the only one".  They make the mistake I have mentioned 1000 times of saying Biden and 4 more years of Trump are basically the same thing.  Any time Bernie doesn't meet expectations in votes or air time it's the DNC or the MSM.  There is no chance in their mind that any real people support other candidates.  They are obsessed with purity.  They are typically far less politically sophisticated than they think they are, probably because they are young.  And they will swarm any discussion and make it about Bernie.  They share a lot of traits with the Trump supporters and I support a progressive movement, not a cult of personality.

March 31, 2020, 10:24 a.m.

I don't think there is one for Biden.  People don't lose their shit for the status quo.  

Is it derogatory?  Yes, to some degree.  I spend time on Reddit discussing politics (big surprise, I am sure) and whatever the Intercept wants to say about liberal media does not take away from my experience chatting with young idealist Bernie supporters.  They love to say "he is the only one".  They make the mistake I have mentioned 1000 times of saying Biden and 4 more years of Trump are basically the same thing.  Any time Bernie doesn't meet expectations in votes or air time it's the DNC or the MSM.  There is no chance in their mind that any real people support other candidates.  They are obsessed with purity.  They are typically far less politically sophisticated than they think they are, probably because they are young.  And they will swarm any discussion and make it about Bernie.  They share a lot of traits with the Trump supporters and I support a progressive movement, not a cult of personality.

Area Man Enters Echo Chamber, Immediately Succumbs to Availability Heuristic.

March 31, 2020, 10:55 a.m.

I entered their echo chamber and know who they are.  It is the same with Twitter which is what I reacted to (Tung's post).  That is who the Bernie Bros are.  The young hardliners that are active online.  The term doesn't describe all of his supporters or even a majority.  The media may use the term now to attack all his supporters as Bernie Bros, but I know who they are.  The sexism accusation seems off to me, but they are caustic to any conversation. 

If you don't interact with them how do you know what they are like?  Did you read about them in Intercept?

March 31, 2020, 11:01 a.m.

Did you read about them in Intercept?

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

https://www.counterpunch.org/search-results/?cx=000357264939014560440%3Aicshsy4bfu0&ie=UTF-8&q=bernie+bros

Last edited by: tungsten on March 31, 2020, 11:03 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 31, 2020, 12:05 p.m.

I entered their echo chamber and know who they are.  It is the same with Twitter which is what I reacted to (Tung's post).  That is who the Bernie Bros are.  The young hardliners that are active online.  The term doesn't describe all of his supporters or even a majority.  The media may use the term now to attack all his supporters as Bernie Bros, but I know who they are.  The sexism accusation seems off to me, but they are caustic to any conversation. 

If you don't interact with them how do you know what they are like?  Did you read about them in Intercept?

Area Man Enters Echo Chamber Knowing Full Well He Will Succumb to the Availability Heuristic.

Is that better?  Or perhaps, “Bernie Sanders is awful because some people on Reddit are morons.”

March 31, 2020, 2:21 p.m.

I don't think there is one for Biden. People don't lose their shit for the status quo.

Is it derogatory? Yes, to some degree. I spend time on Reddit discussing politics (big surprise, I am sure) and whatever the Intercept wants to say about liberal media does not take away from my experience chatting with young idealist Bernie supporters. They love to say "he is the only one". They make the mistake I have mentioned 1000 times of saying Biden and 4 more years of Trump are basically the same thing. Any time Bernie doesn't meet expectations in votes or air time it's the DNC or the MSM. There is no chance in their mind that any real people support other candidates. They are obsessed with purity. They are typically far less politically sophisticated than they think they are, probably because they are young. And they will swarm any discussion and make it about Bernie. They share a lot of traits with the Trump supporters and I support a progressive movement, not a cult of personality.

I entered their echo chamber and know who they are. It is the same with Twitter which is what I reacted to (Tung's post). That is who the Bernie Bros are. The young hardliners that are active online. The term doesn't describe all of his supporters or even a majority. The media may use the term now to attack all his supporters as Bernie Bros, but I know who they are. The sexism accusation seems off to me, but they are caustic to any conversation.

If you don't interact with them how do you know what they are like? Did you read about them in Intercept?

Area Man Enters Echo Chamber Knowing Full Well He Will Succumb to the Availability Heuristic.

Is that better? Or perhaps, “Bernie Sanders is awful because some people on Reddit are morons.”

Hmm.  I have said I really like Bernie and would vote for him.  I have said this several times in fact.  In conversations with you.  

Tungsten posted a Twitter feed filled with Bernie Bros ranting about Biden like he cut his teeth in the Nazi youth so I made a comment about Bernie Bros.  I never said anything about Bernie or how it reflects on him personally, or even his supporters, which, if I was American, would include myself.  I made this pretty clear (see bold text above).

I have also, by your recommendation, have read Thinking Fast and Slow.  I think you take it too seriously.  The lessons in the book are good for making sure we don't make bad or incomplete decisions, but it would be impractical to over-analyze every time we rely on our system one for guidance.  If a group of guys dressed in suits in a downtown office tower you are not going to conduct a survey of men wearing suits to ascertain if they are lawyers.  Your assumptions are fine because the consequence of being incorrect is meaningless.   System One has a purpose.

March 31, 2020, 11:04 p.m.

https://gregolear.substack.com/p/tinker-tailor-mobster-trump

April 1, 2020, 8:42 a.m.

Looks interesting, but too long for a workday read.  I will check it out later.

April 1, 2020, 12:05 p.m.

Looks interesting, but too long for a workday read. I will check it out later.

April Fools!..... no?

April 1, 2020, 1:19 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Looks interesting, but too long for a workday read. I will check it out later.

April Fools!..... no?

LOL.  No, it does look interesting.