Trump.

March 21, 2020, 11:46 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Bernie said a woman couldn't get elected as President.  No bias there.

Says the guy who's concerned about context of quotes.

March 21, 2020, 1:10 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

ORLY??

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

"This is nothing new for Trump. In fact, the very first time that Trump appeared in the pages of the New York Times, back in the 1970s, was when the US Department of Justice sued him for racial discrimination. Since then, he has repeatedly appeared in newspaper pages across the world as he inspired more similar controversies."

Trump Management Corporation was sued by the DOJ, according to Vox; not Trump himself, correct?

March 21, 2020, 1:11 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Does this make Biden more, or less racist than Turdump?

You tell me...

LOL.  Central Park 5 ring a bell?  C'mon man, this guy has been called a douche for years, but it took getting to know him better to find out that he is a racist.  Hanging with black people doesn't change that.

You tell me - would a real racist put themself in a position to be around the people they hate?

March 21, 2020, 3:17 p.m.

Was it a surprise that Sanders never made an issue of the manifest voter suppression and strange election results that occurred everywhere on Super Tuesday?

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/03/21/bernie-2020-what-went-wrong

March 21, 2020, 6:52 p.m.

Does this make Biden more, or less racist than Turdump?

You tell me...

LOL.  Central Park 5 ring a bell?  C'mon man, this guy has been called a douche for years, but it took getting to know him better to find out that he is a racist.  Hanging with black people doesn't change that.

You tell me - would a real racist put themself in a position to be around the people they hate?

Donald has been known to from time to time.

March 21, 2020, 8:29 p.m.

**Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

It's the perfect cover to convince the dimwits that he's just a normal guy.

March 21, 2020, 11:47 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

I thought he wasnt smart enough for that?

March 22, 2020, 12:06 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

I thought he wasnt smart enough for that?

Define smart.

March 22, 2020, 8:29 p.m.

I think the word your looking for here is craven.

March 23, 2020, 11:05 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

You are advocating that the DNC promote Bernie and the progressive agenda.  How is that any different than the DNC pushing a centrist agenda.  The DNC should let the members decide who the Democrats are.

If the DNC cared about a better life for the meth-addled average American, they could take the 17,000 people Bernie drew in at Tacoma for a rally and turn it into a blue wave, using those very same tools as above.

You jumped into this conversation which started with Tungsten claiming that Bernie could just use his gravitas and the position of the Presidency to get shit done, so this got a bit confused, but we will clearly always disagree on Obama and I don't buy the black and white way you views politics.  The ACA was a big step forward for American health care and it would have been better if he didn't have to compromise, but he did and so would Bernie.  Politics is a complicated machine and Obama bad, Bernie good is just naive IMO.  

You're right, we shouldn't be allowed to vote and just let the donor class bequeath power like the kid-fiddlers do when a pope dies.

This is the opposite of what I believe.  We disagree with methods, not the end result.  America has 2 parties and I have never seen a reason to believe that will change soon.  So the answer is to co-opt a party, and even with your belief that they are both basically the same would probably agree that the Democrats are the obvious choice.  Progressives have made a lot of headway with candidates like AOC and with Bernie joining from independent status.  I just think if America has a progressive in the White House without first taking control in Congress and the Senate (and therefore the DNC) they will either have to overuse executive orders which is a clear abuse of power and will backfire, or they will get nothing done and look weak, or they will have to compromise.  Tungsten's bully pulpit theory is a pipedream.  All of these things can and would be used against them in the next election.  Getting a progressive in the office is meaningless if they fail and could set back the movement by a decade, so I think Bernie would have to compromise much more than you think he would or risk setting back the movement.  I still wanted him to win, I just don't think the choice between the 2 is nearly as stark.  Biden is being pulled toward progressive stances and Bernie would have to compromise.

Before I get into the meat of it, you've been sold a bill of goods that the ACA was a big step forward.  It was not.  In the fucking slightest.  Americans are still slaves to their employers.  Either Americans become the last of the 23 and socialize health care, or they'll continue to fuck the losers making less than $300,000 a year.  (And for any of you gas-huffer Canadians who believe we need a private option, fuck you, you are beyond stupid).

Secondly, never once did I say Bernie would use his gravitas to get shit done.  Two senators were just busted for insider-trading on COVID-19 and nothing will happen.  Even if Bernie were to get a hold of the conch.  Please, for the love of baby Jesus, quote me on saying Bernie will stop this.

And lastly, no dude, I am fucking not advocating that the DNC promote Bernie and the progressive agenda.  I am saying they are going out of their way to dissuade people from voting for Bernie because it conflicts with their interests.

So.

Let's take an imaginary world where we've gone against the wisdom of the men who've fought through absolute hell to claim independence from an imperialist nation.  We've then decided to ignore their pleas and let ourselves be ruled by one of two parties.

Now we imagine the parties shoehorn in supreme court judges with the expectation that they are paid back.  Citizens United?  Fuck yeah, FIRST AMENDMENT MY DUDE.  Oh look, the donor class gets to become feudal lords over an increasing peasant base.  Now political donations are infinite.  Buying policy is as easy as buying a Google ad.

The DNC and the GOP are now more powerful than Alphabet and Apple.

Bernie is a man I can't admire enough.  He's a politician who's never used focus groups to tell him what to do.  He's seen the world, said, "this is fucking bullshit, racism/homophobia/monopolies/etc. have no place in a functioning first world country" and ran with it for forty fucking years.

All that said, if the American's elect Bernie, all that will do is postpone the Frenc.. American Revolution down the road twenty years. 

Let's just re-elect Trump, or get Biden and get it over with sooner. 

I'm prepared.  I suggest you prepare as well.

So we've found common ground.

March 24, 2020, 9:17 a.m.

March 24, 2020, 10:25 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Before I get into the meat of it, you've been sold a bill of goods that the ACA was a big step forward.  It was not.  In the fucking slightest.  Americans are still slaves to their employers.  Either Americans become the last of the 23 and socialize health care, or they'll continue to fuck the losers making less than $300,000 a year.  (And for any of you gas-huffer Canadians who believe we need a private option, fuck you, you are beyond stupid).

Secondly, never once did I say Bernie would use his gravitas to get shit done.  Two senators were just busted for insider-trading on COVID-19 and nothing will happen.  Even if Bernie were to get a hold of the conch.  Please, for the love of baby Jesus, quote me on saying Bernie will stop this.

And lastly, no dude, I am fucking not advocating that the DNC promote Bernie and the progressive agenda.  I am saying they are going out of their way to dissuade people from voting for Bernie because it conflicts with their interests.

So.

Let's take an imaginary world where we've gone against the wisdom of the men who've fought through absolute hell to claim independence from an imperialist nation.  We've then decided to ignore their pleas and let ourselves be ruled by one of two parties.

Now we imagine the parties shoehorn in supreme court judges with the expectation that they are paid back.  Citizens United?  Fuck yeah, FIRST AMENDMENT MY DUDE.  Oh look, the donor class gets to become feudal lords over an increasing peasant base.  Now political donations are infinite.  Buying policy is as easy as buying a Google ad.

The DNC and the GOP are now more powerful than Alphabet and Apple.

Bernie is a man I can't admire enough.  He's a politician who's never used focus groups to tell him what to do.  He's seen the world, said, "this is fucking bullshit, racism/homophobia/monopolies/etc. have no place in a functioning first world country" and ran with it for forty fucking years.

All that said, if the American's elect Bernie, all that will do is postpone the Frenc.. American Revolution down the road twenty years. 

Let's just re-elect Trump, or get Biden and get it over with sooner. 

I'm prepared.  I suggest you prepare as well.

The ACA was and is a big step forward.  Step being the keyword.  Americans have been made to believe that they don't need socialized medicine and so many currently get health care through work that they believe is "good" and single-payer was a non-starter, especially in 2008.  The ACA increased health care access to a lot of people that now want more and put health care into the political conversation which allowed Bernie and others to entertain the idea of taking the next step.  We seem to be separated by belief.  You believe only a revolution will work while I believe it has to be worked on incrementally.

I said Tungsten believes in Bernie's gravitas, not you.  We actually appear to be on the same page as to his effectiveness.

The DNC and the GOP are now more powerful than Alphabet and Apple

These are not the same entities.  The DNC and RNC are not the parties themselves, they are corporations that are designed to promote the parties, but the power lies in the individual representatives which is why the RNC never had a chance controlling the Tea Party once they had the numbers and therefore the clout.  The Kochs worked entirely outside this system and they beat it.  That is a lesson.  The DNC has no control over the reps themselves except that they control the convention where they pick the leader.  Citizens United is terrible because it allows the money to funnel DIRECTLY to the reps.  You don't get guys like McConnell any other way.  He has done nothing but be a senator and is worth over 10 million that we know of.  That isn't RNC money, that is Mitch money.

I agree with you about Bernie.  Biden is a politician, Bernie is not.  But IMO, if there is a revolution I don't want the guy that openly supports fascists in power, and if there isn't, I don't want the guy that openly supports fascists in power.  This is why black and white thinking is dangerous.  Too many people believe that any mainstream democrat is just a notch to the left of Trump, and this is foolish.  Trump/Koch/McConnell republicans want a whole different revolution. It's called feudalism and while in power they are very effective in making it closer to reality.  Progressives, on the other hand, won't even storm DC or come out and support Bernie.  That revolution will need a different generation less interested in memes.    I will take the status quo over feudalism any day of the week.

March 24, 2020, 8:12 p.m.

https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/1242253997005664257

March 25, 2020, 8:55 a.m.

He is now claiming they have won the battle against the virus and people will be packing the churches on Easter.  Lucky for most Americans it is their governors in charge of that decision, not the worst president ever.

March 25, 2020, 11:52 a.m.

He is now claiming they have won the battle against the virus and people will be packing the churches on Easter.  Lucky for most Americans it is their governors in charge of that decision, not the worst president ever.

Sooo.. in your opinion, its no coincidence that the states on lockdown are D's? Could be wrong but from a glance they were.. the lockdown states also have a FedRes building.