Trump.

Dec. 2, 2019, 3:22 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

dude, you making yourself moot

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/12/02/ukraine-the-new-cold-war-and-the-politics-of-impeachment/

.......despite the Democrats very effective marketing campaigns of Russia! and Trump Goddammit, Trump!, the world still seems remarkably like it was in 2016. Three years of increasingly shrill assertions haven’t made the establishment Democrats one iota more attractive. I can’t imagine that Barack Obama saying that he is going to take Bernie Sanders out has had an effect other than to make people want to start lighting shit on fire. I’m not suggesting that people do this. But that is the feeling.

The establishment Democrats are determined to have it their way. Screw democracy, screw the will of the people, screw the wellbeing of the people, screw acting on the people’s behalf, they’re going to elect themselves a billionaire. And, they’d be fine with a right-wing rebellion— rich people love fascism. We’re on our own. Work for Bernie. Vote for Bernie. Thanks for the political clarification Obama!

Oh dont be bringing up uranium and russia 'round here. Thats also a moot point.

Dec. 2, 2019, 7:40 p.m.

So how does the Clintons alleged corruption relate to Trump?

Dec. 2, 2019, 11:36 p.m.

It's a people in glass houses thing. Read quote above.

Dec. 3, 2019, 7:10 a.m.

That quote is ridiculous, as is the idea that the president shouldn’t be investigated because other politicians are corrupt too.

Dec. 3, 2019, 9:10 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

That quote is ridiculous, as is the idea that the president shouldn’t be investigated because other politicians are corrupt too.

That isn't what the essay or I am saying. Read whole thing.

Dec. 3, 2019, 9:31 a.m.

It seems like he’s saying that since the American justice system and politicians are corrupt, they shouldn’t be investigating corruption. 

Please clarify if you think I’m mistaken. 

I disagree with many of his conclusions and characterizations of much of the factual information that I’m familiar with that he’s referring to. There are a bunch of links there that may shed some more light on his arguments validity.

Dec. 3, 2019, 12:04 p.m.

He simply pointing out the hypocrisy of limiting scope of investigation to Ukraine which serves the purpose of entrenching new cold war from which so many members of congress make bank.

Dec. 3, 2019, 12:32 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I don't have the time to fact check all the errors and omissions or investigate the inuendos that I don't understand.  BHO and GWB locked vault?  What's that.  Should I have to Google it?  

As for Ukraine, I do realize the scope.  They are a country torn between Russia and the West.  There are a lot of people there still loyal to Russia, and a lot of the same oligarchs controlling things so there is a lot of corruption and shenanigans.  What I also know is that it is almost entirely members of the GOP they seem to have political and business connections from Russia and the pro-Russia side of Ukraine.  From Manafort, to the lawyer that met with Don Jr, to the spy that was knee-deep in the NRA, to Trump Tower Moscow, to Gates, to Stone, to Flynn.  That is a lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

Well if I'm posting facts, you dont have to check them :P Just accept them like you expect "us" to accept how you see the world. No? Didnt think so.

You say Manafort, Gates, Flynn and others. Any one could easily reply with Comey, McCabe, Wray, Brennan, Clapper, Holder, Lynch, Strzok, Page, Schiff, Pelosi, Feinstein and her 20 year employed driver spy, Biden & Biden, 5eyes, Italy/Spain and your sides saviour, Obama. I could keep going if I actually looked up more names.

Dec. 3, 2019, 12:34 p.m.

He simply pointing out the hypocrisy of limiting scope of investigation to Ukraine which serves the purpose of entrenching new cold war from which so many members of congress make bank.

They dont do hyprocrisy if its against the Dems. They preach cognitive dissonance like it doesnt apply to liberals.

Dec. 3, 2019, 11:58 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus urrrrrp urrrrp....

Posted by: chupacabra     eeeeeeep eeeeeeep......

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/11/23/yes-ukraine-interference-in-the-2016-presidential-election/#more-17045

Last edited by: tungsten on Dec. 3, 2019, 11:59 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 4, 2019, 9:24 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I don't have the time to fact check all the errors and omissions or investigate the inuendos that I don't understand.  BHO and GWB locked vault?  What's that.  Should I have to Google it?  

As for Ukraine, I do realize the scope.  They are a country torn between Russia and the West.  There are a lot of people there still loyal to Russia, and a lot of the same oligarchs controlling things so there is a lot of corruption and shenanigans.  What I also know is that it is almost entirely members of the GOP they seem to have political and business connections from Russia and the pro-Russia side of Ukraine.  From Manafort, to the lawyer that met with Don Jr, to the spy that was knee-deep in the NRA, to Trump Tower Moscow, to Gates, to Stone, to Flynn.  That is a lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

Well if I'm posting facts, you dont have to check them :P Just accept them like you expect "us" to accept how you see the world. No? Didnt think so.

You say Manafort, Gates, Flynn and others. Any one could easily reply with Comey, McCabe, Wray, Brennan, Clapper, Holder, Lynch, Strzok, Page, Schiff, Pelosi, Feinstein and her 20 year employed driver spy, Biden & Biden, 5eyes, Italy/Spain and your sides saviour, Obama. I could keep going if I actually looked up more names.

Except that the people I mentioned are in jail for their crimes.  You could easily mention Mickey Mouse, but a review of the facts would show there is no reasonable proof they have deals or vested interest with people close to the Kremlin.  They are also mostly Republicans.  They are also not working for the president.  I am sorry that you have retired your critical thinking skills, but those of us that still use them can see that this a group of people that are selling out the USA for their own personal gain. 

If you have a real case showing that Schiff or Pelosi (or other people in power) are doing the same, lay it out.  The impeachment report and the Mueller report made a clear case against Trump and the GOP.  Facts vs Fiction.

Dec. 4, 2019, 9:30 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus urrrrrp urrrrp....

Posted by: chupacabra     eeeeeeep eeeeeeep......

news looking site says bla bla bla with links that don't prove the point they are making

On the side of Russia once again.  I will never be shocked.  At least Shogun openly supports authoritarians, you think you are progressive and don't realize you are spreading Russian bullshit.  It's sad.

(of note:  Ukraine going after Manafort does not equal election meddling.  He is a key player in their pro-Russian corrupt past)

Dec. 4, 2019, 1:31 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I don't have the time to fact check all the errors and omissions or investigate the inuendos that I don't understand. BHO and GWB locked vault? What's that. Should I have to Google it?

As for Ukraine, I do realize the scope. They are a country torn between Russia and the West. There are a lot of people there still loyal to Russia, and a lot of the same oligarchs controlling things so there is a lot of corruption and shenanigans. What I also know is that it is almost entirely members of the GOP they seem to have political and business connections from Russia and the pro-Russia side of Ukraine. From Manafort, to the lawyer that met with Don Jr, to the spy that was knee-deep in the NRA, to Trump Tower Moscow, to Gates, to Stone, to Flynn. That is a lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

Except that the people I mentioned are in jail for their crimes. You could easily mention Mickey Mouse, but a review of the facts would show there is no reasonable proof they have deals or vested interest with people close to the Kremlin. They are also mostly Republicans. They are also not working for the president. I am sorry that you have retired your critical thinking skills, but those of us that still use them can see that this a group of people that are selling out the USA for their own personal gain.

If you have a real case showing that Schiff or Pelosi (or other people in power) are doing the same, lay it out. The impeachment report and the Mueller report made a clear case against Trump and the GOP. Facts vs Fiction.

I wont have to lay anything out when they vote yes to impeach. Discovery will force Schiff to perjure himself. It'll also allow Republicans to actually ask A question of, well, anyone. Because if you've been paying attention to Jim Jordan, the whole process by Schiff is a kangaroo court from a banana republic.

I dont have the time to do the thinking for you Chupcake. Not only that, you have failed to read most of what I've already posted for quite some time now. Either that, or you just cant consider the other side. At this point, I think we can sit back and watch the show. It's pretty easy to understand why Republicans are in jail though, when you consider FBI agents altering 302s pertaining to what a Republican said. Didnt you say the FBI was always more friendly to Republicans administrations?

btw - I cant believe I forgot Mueller and Rosenstein in that list. Those were your boys. They were gonna wrap it up! They were gonna find... something on Trump. Mueller found nothing. And is the impeachment report released yet? Or was that this morning and you've read it all already? Because I thought they/Congress had to vote on it by end of yesterday after less than 24 hours of it being in their hands. Sounds like the Patriot Act....

Dec. 4, 2019, 1:39 p.m.

Mueller found nothing in Trump?  His report said Trump would be in jail with his lawyer if it wasn't for the fact that Trump is President.

Dec. 4, 2019, 1:47 p.m.

(of note: Ukraine going after Manafort does not equal election meddling. He is a key player in their pro-Russian corrupt past)

No, silly, he was working for Yanukovych persuing closer ties with the E.U.

By the way, for those who think that Manafort’s conviction portends a smoking gun, based on his work for “pro-Kremlin Viktor Yanukovych,” as the NYT and other liberals persistently call him, I would suggest looking at this Twitter thread by Aaron Maté.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/967677097333239808.html

It’s a brilliant shredding of Rachel Maddow’s (and, to a lesser extent, Chris Hayes’s) version of the deceptive implication—presented as an indisputable fact—that Manafort’s work for Yanukovych is proof that he (and by extension, Trump) was working for Putin. As Maté shows, that is actually indisputably false. Manafort was working hard to turn Yanukovych away from Russia to the EU and the West, and the evidence of that is abundant and easily available. It was given in the trial, though you’d never know that from reading the NYT or listening to MSNBC. As a former Ukraine Foreign Ministry spokesman said: “If it weren’t for Paul, Ukraine would have gone under Russia much earlier. He was the one dragging Yanukovich to the West.” And the Democrats know this.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/08/24/be-careful-what-you-ask-for-wasting-time-with-manafort-cohen-and-russiagate/

Last edited by: tungsten on Dec. 4, 2019, 1:55 p.m., edited 2 times in total.