Trump.

Oct. 3, 2019, 5:52 p.m.

Anyone else read the Judicial Watch piece aboot Mueller & Rosenstein?

Judicial Watch released 145 pages of Rod Rosenstein’s communications that include a one-line email from Rod Rosenstein to Robert Mueller stating, “The boss and his staff do not know about our discussions” and “off the record” emails with major media outlets around the date of Mueller’s appointment.

Oct. 3, 2019, 10:45 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: tungsten

Nothing of this magnitude ever occurred in their administrations or it would have been attacked by the GOP at the time.  

ha!

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/09/26/what-isnt-mentioned-about-the-trump-ukraine-scandal-the-routine-corruption-of-us-foreign-policy/

You should just link to the far better article from The Hill that this blog used for research.

My take:

- Hunter Biden and all the Americans with powerful connections that get high paying jobs abroad to sit on some bullshit board should be investigated IMO.  Like Bob Dole, etc.  They have nothing to offer but their connections.
- Shokin was protecting the corrupt that were associated with Yanukovych in Ukraine and everyone knew it.  The idea that his firing somehow protected Biden's son is going to be hard to prove since everyone in the west and the IMF wanted him gone and it is far more likely that he was protecting Burisma from an investigation.
- The US meddled in getting rid of Yanukovych and the Russians meddled to get him in before that.  This is not news.

While I am flattered that you would get so excited that you can use one of my posts against me, there is no Ha! to be had.  I am all for an investigation, but I think your favorite blog has it's Russian blinders on as usual... and so does The Hill for that matter.  Is there any proof that Shokin was actively investigating Burisma?  Without that there is no motive for Biden to get him ousted to protect his son.  To say this story is anywhere near the magnitude of the Trump phone calls is seriously grasping at straws.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/hunter-bidens-legal-socially-acceptable-corruption/598804/

Oct. 4, 2019, 8:54 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

LOL.  Nope.

Oct. 4, 2019, 8:59 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

They’re both involved in gerrymandering, the Republicans are just way further ahead (by about one or two census cycles) at it as they had/have a technological advantage at the beginning.

Read up on REDMAP and it’s origins, and folks like Thomas Hofeller if you want to learn more. Bummer stuff.

You could also read into how the Dem's re-drew voting districts and bussed "new democrats" into what was typically Republican held districts under 2 terms of Obama but they never actually did anything like that. Just fake news from the desperate right!

We all do plenty of reading, just less crazy bullshit than you.  To repeat what Tashi said, the GOP does it better.  It is not a coincidence that they are the only party to win the White House with fewer votes.  That is a strategy that worked.

Oct. 4, 2019, 9:05 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

w.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/hunter-bidens-legal-socially-acceptable-corruption/598804/

I am not sure how you stop people from doing this, but it is shady as fuck.  The Biden case reminded me of Bob Dole joining the board of a bank in Kyrgyzstan, because every shady bank in Eastern Europe needs the wisdom of a 90 year old with zero banking experience.

Oct. 4, 2019, 12:34 p.m.

And now there are texts. This does not look good for Donny Moscow.

Oct. 4, 2019, 2:22 p.m.

They’re both involved in gerrymandering, the Republicans are just way further ahead (by about one or two census cycles) at it as they had/have a technological advantage at the beginning.

Read up on REDMAP and it’s origins, and folks like Thomas Hofeller if you want to learn more. Bummer stuff.

You could also read into how the Dem's re-drew voting districts and bussed "new democrats" into what was typically Republican held districts under 2 terms of Obama but they never actually did anything like that. Just fake news from the desperate right!

We all do plenty of reading, just less crazy bullshit than you.  To repeat what Tashi said, the GOP does it better.  It is not a coincidence that they are the only party to win the White House with fewer votes.  That is a strategy that worked.

So thats it then - you guys are just jealous their strategy worked?

As a random aside - are you more hopeful for impeachment or for the 2020 vote?

Oct. 4, 2019, 2:27 p.m.

It's too bad they dont really list anything other than what looks to be tweets. Lots of alluding to with "you should read the texts" and the definition of quid pro quo. So that article is just leading you to what may amount to overly hopeful conclusions.

Biden hasnt been named the 2020 Candidate yet - it's not abuse of power or anything of the such. You could probably say its Trump trying to fight back. Emphasis on trying.

Oct. 4, 2019, 2:28 p.m.

We all do plenty of reading, just less crazy bullshit than you. To repeat what Tashi said, the GOP does it better. It is not a coincidence that they are the only party to win the White House with fewer votes. That is a strategy that worked.

LOL. No, like most people that like democracy I think they should end gerrymandering for everyone. It wouldn't be hard to do. Just make the process non-partisan.

The vote. Maybe enough senators will flip on him as the process moves forward, but that is a long shot. I think that the impeachment process will be what ultimately kills his chances in 2020 and he will lose bigly, but a lot can change in a year. He could start a war, or have a massive heart attack.

Last edited by: chupacabra on Oct. 4, 2019, 2:37 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 4, 2019, 3:41 p.m.

It's too bad they dont really list anything other than what looks to be tweets. Lots of alluding to with "you should read the texts" and the definition of quid pro quo. So that article is just leading you to what may amount to overly hopeful conclusions.

Biden hasnt been named the 2020 Candidate yet - it's not abuse of power or anything of the such. You could probably say its Trump trying to fight back. Emphasis on trying.

Biden doesn't need to be the candidate for this to be an abuse of power.  He could have them investigate Rosie O'Donnell and it would still be an abuse of power.

Oct. 4, 2019, 5:46 p.m.

Not jealous of the strategy, disappointed sure. To me that’s not true democracy. I believe one person one vote. If that were the case Don would still be ripping off people in real estate instead of everyone.

As for your side note, I’m hoping for impeachment. Losing the election would be far too quick and clean.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Oct. 4, 2019, 5:48 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 4, 2019, 9:13 p.m.

Biden doesn't need to be the candidate for this to be an abuse of power.  He could have them investigate Rosie O'Donnell and it would still be an abuse of power.

Lets use a local example of Huawei's CFO Meng whoeverzhou. 

By your logic, if Trump asked whichever agency that actually detained her to detain her in the first place, publicly announced or otherwise, then it's abuse of powers?

BUT since whichever Canadian authority acted under the guise of the SPP (security and prosperity act), which is a working agreement between the USA and Canada much like what Ukraine and the USA has, then thats not abuse of power?

Oct. 4, 2019, 9:15 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Not jealous of the strategy, disappointed sure. To me that’s not true democracy. I believe one person one vote. If that were the case Don would still be ripping off people in real estate instead of everyone.

As for your side note, I’m hoping for impeachment. Losing the election would be far too quick and clean.

So you're with Trump on VoterID laws but not legal immigration?

As for the side note, lets just say you have a long 5 years ahead.

Oct. 4, 2019, 9:19 p.m.

LOL.  Nope.

Ya who needs the results of multiple FOIA's regarding the majority of things we banter on about.

Oct. 4, 2019, 10:27 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

So you're with Trump on VoterID laws but not legal immigration?

As for the side note, lets just say you have a long 5 years ahead.

Don’t put words in my mouth, I’m not with don on anything. But since you asked, I believe if you are in the country legally and you pay taxes you are entitled to vote.