Trump.

Oct. 1, 2019, 11:49 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

He has all of these symptoms.  He is a classic case.  I got this list from an article in Psychology Today, and they agree.

I am no fan of the Democrats and the corruption in US politics is systemic, but the GOP is clearly worse.  They deny climate change, they fought for Citizens United, they fight the most wars, they elected Trump.  They are never going to get rid of the parties, which is something I agree with Reductimat on, but the US should at least find a way to blow up the 2 party monopoly.  

Lastly, how can you say you care about the integrity of a process when Trump ignores subpoenas, pilfers Military funds to pay for his wall, etc?  I know you think he is a wrecking ball to the system, but he is the system and worst of it.  What does he do to fight for the people?  What am I missing that isn't some bizzarre code you think you are deciphering?  I am not sure if anyone understands what your politics are, but the point I have been making for years now is that you don't understand Trump.

Re: integrity. If Trump is the wrecking ball that brings down the two parties, I'm cool with that. If he's the magnetic train wreck that somehow exposes Government sleaze as the fireball careens off the tracks, I'm all for it. He was the duly elected President and by now, you should accept it. What you're missing might be: objectiveness and even hope. I've said it before that NBR lacks imagination but its a stretch Trump may be fighting the good fight. Still.

If I remember, you said Trump was a Dem running as a GOP - is that still your base opinion that he's just a narcissistic democrat? How can the GOP be worse when they're almost all against Trump anyway. Thats the two party divisional thinking I was talking about.

Oct. 1, 2019, 11:50 a.m.

Posted by: switch

The Republicans also gerrymander as well as work diligently on voter suppression.

Hard to argue considering Obama broadcasted to the World that anyone can vote in the US elections.

Fucking idiots.

Oct. 1, 2019, 1:26 p.m.

Can anyone explain to me how Hunter Biden would have benefited by the company that he sat on the board of being investigated?  I don’t know much about corporate finance, but it seems to me having a CEO investigated would hurt stock prices, negatively effecting the compensation of those on the board.

Oct. 1, 2019, 8:34 p.m.

the GOP fight the most wars,

Nope. https://thebaffler.com/latest/democrats-are-the-real-party-of-war

switch => The Republicans also gerrymander as well as work diligently on voter suppression.

The dems do the same where they hold power.

Last edited by: tungsten on Oct. 1, 2019, 8:36 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 1, 2019, 9:03 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Fucking idiots.

anyone who supports Trump is really the fucking idiot....  Can't fix stupid.

Oct. 1, 2019, 11:11 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

switch => The Republicans also gerrymander as well as work diligently on voter suppression.

Really?  Any recent evidence of voter suppression?

Oct. 1, 2019, 11:58 p.m.

WW1 and WW2 were started by the USA, and they never should have entered?  🙄

Spanish-American and Philippino-American War...Republican President(s).

Panama and Nicaragua...Republican President(s).

The USA was in Vietnam before Kennedy...under a Republican President.  Kennedy also inherited the Cuba mess from a Republican President.

Korea was UN.

Afghanistan and Iraq... that would be a Republican President too.

Shah in Iran...Republican President.

Coup in Chile...American President.

Invasion of Granada...Republican President.

Bombing of Libya...Republican President.

Invasion of Panama...Republican President.

Gulf War...Republican President.

Oct. 2, 2019, 5:29 p.m.

Posted by: switch

switch => The Republicans also gerrymander as well as work diligently on voter suppression.

Really? Any recent evidence of voter suppression?

They gerrymnader for sure. Suppression, I don't know, it's possible. There are dems in congress who are republican in all but name. Isn't a stretch to think of what their counterparts at the local level are capable of.

Last edited by: tungsten on Oct. 2, 2019, 5:31 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Oct. 2, 2019, 5:32 p.m.

Well, that's all the evidence I need.

Oct. 2, 2019, 8:22 p.m.

They’re both involved in gerrymandering, the Republicans are just way further ahead (by about one or two census cycles) at it as they had/have a technological advantage at the beginning. 

Read up on REDMAP and it’s origins, and folks like Thomas Hofeller if you want to learn more. Bummer stuff.

Oct. 3, 2019, 10:08 a.m.

The story is saying that what Trump did is just biz as usual.

Here... https://www.truthdig.com/articles/impeach-all-the-presidents/ ...the Maj. makes the same point.

they fail to recognize is that there is a massive difference between Presidents abusing their power to further US objectives and that of furthering their own personal objectives.

No they don't. They're point is stupid amerikans are losing their democracy by allowing presidents to abuse

their power for whatever reasons.

Never forget Noam Chomsky’s criticism of the de facto impeachment and removal of Richard Nixon: Watergate was about Nixon’s breaking of ruling class norms by needlessly burglarizing the other major imperial party’s candidate headquarters. The Watergate hearings evaded Nixon and Kissinger’s mass murderous bombing of Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam, Nixon and Kissinger’s criminal support for a fascist coup in Chile, and Nixon’s vicious, fascist-style police-state repression of the antiwar, Black freedom, and radical Left movements. Nixon’s biggest crimes went un-aired and unpunished. It was officially fine for Nixon to inflict monumental murder and mayhem on anti-imperial freedom-fighters, peasants, and the Left at home and abroad. Nixon’s only authorized sin was to have stupidly messed with the other American ruling class and imperial party, the Democrats, at home.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/10/01/beyond-impeachment-remove-this-regime-from-below-2/

Losing?  The fact that you brought up Nixon who's crimes happened 50 years ago proves that this is American democracy.  That is how America works and always has been.  The president has almost full control of foreign policy and to my knowledge always has.  Manifest Destiny was 150 years ago.  Ask Mexico if Polk should be impeached.  This isn't new and it goes way beyond the president as well.  It is a part of who they are as a country and they are not going to start pointing the finger at themselves any time soon.  The "ruling class" wouldn't get away with it for so long is the ruled were not complicit.  The American people know they get a lot of privileges from all those guns they have.

That is what makes what Trump is doing different and why he faces impeachment.  He did it to himself for himself, just like Clinton and Nixon.  

IMO, Chomsky is not as smart as he thinks he is.  It was officially the policy to inflict harm abroad, or even within if it suits "national interest" since 1776.

Oct. 3, 2019, 10:19 a.m.

That article was wholly unconvincing.  The GOP fights the most wars and you need to stop posting bullshit websites and use your own words.  The GOP got America into Iraq and Afghanistan and currently moving the country into one with Iran.  I really didn't feel that I had to qualify that I was talking about modern times, so I am not sure how Truman dropping the bomb on Japan has anything to do with the GOP being the party that fights the most wars.  This article makes the case that the Democrats are not anti-war, but I never said they were.

Oct. 3, 2019, 2:23 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Fucking idiots.

anyone who supports Trump is really the fucking idiot....  Can't fix stupid.

lols

Once again, a libtarded reply that doesnt have a point. For the moral highground team, you guys condescend a lot.

Oct. 3, 2019, 2:28 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Can anyone explain to me how Hunter Biden would have benefited by the company that he sat on the board of being investigated?  I don’t know much about corporate finance, but it seems to me having a CEO investigated would hurt stock prices, negatively effecting the compensation of those on the board.

Are you under the impression Biden wants Biden or the Company wants Biden Jr investigated because thats a pretty roudabout post of yours...?

But perhaps now you may understand why they (all) want Trump et all to stop looking into the Ukraine. It doesnt help either Biden Sr/Jr, Kerry, the company, etc.

Oct. 3, 2019, 2:32 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

They’re both involved in gerrymandering, the Republicans are just way further ahead (by about one or two census cycles) at it as they had/have a technological advantage at the beginning.

Read up on REDMAP and it’s origins, and folks like Thomas Hofeller if you want to learn more. Bummer stuff.

You could also read into how the Dem's re-drew voting districts and bussed "new democrats" into what was typically Republican held districts under 2 terms of Obama but they never actually did anything like that. Just fake news from the desperate right!

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Oct. 3, 2019, 3:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: left right.. w/e