Trump.

Sept. 27, 2019, 9:26 p.m.

Last edited by: tungsten on Sept. 28, 2019, 12:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 28, 2019, 1:29 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra
Harper has nothing to do with this.  I am just explaining the difference between disliking politicians for political differences vs disliking them for rampant corruption.

You couldn't pay me to sift through the threads from 3 years ago, but it is clear the Trump has only ever existed to do one thing.  Grift.  You are falling for his con that he has a shred of human decency and that he gives two shits about anything other than himself.  There is not a method to the madness and there never has been.  He just fumbles through his days saving his own skin and trying to prop up his shitty hotels with taxpayer dollars.

This latest scandal is going to take them all down and there is no "what about" to compare the Dems to here.  They clearly attempted to cover this all up and it sounds like they might have some other devastating phone calls hidden under the guise of national security as well.  This is going to hit Barr and Guiliani and all the rest that were part of the cover-up.  

If there was a hint of scandal the Republicans would have tried to impeach Obama, but they didn't.  They went after Clinton for lying about a BJ.  If Clinton did what Trump did and refused to be interviewed he would have never been impeached.  Nothing of this magnitude ever occurred in their administrations or it would have been attacked by the GOP at the time.     

Not paying any attention to the MSM is not a virtue.  They have their bias and faults, but they also reveal a lot of truth, so if you want to know what is happening to Trump as he freefalls you might want to venture away from your conspiracy blogs.

Once again, you seem to think I actually care which is the only way I could fall for Trump and his scheme. I also never said I dont read the MSM.

We also disagree about Trump's sole existence. He might be having a blast while overseeing the demise, neither of us know.

As for the hidden phone calls, how many lives were lost?

Sept. 28, 2019, 6:39 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

None yet, dare I ask what’s your point?

Sept. 29, 2019, 10:40 p.m.

Nothing of this magnitude ever occurred in their administrations or it would have been attacked by the GOP at the time.  

ha!

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/09/26/what-isnt-mentioned-about-the-trump-ukraine-scandal-the-routine-corruption-of-us-foreign-policy/

Sept. 30, 2019, 9:27 a.m.

Once again, you seem to think I actually care which is the only way I could fall for Trump and his scheme. I also never said I dont read the MSM.

We also disagree about Trump's sole existence. He might be having a blast while overseeing the demise, neither of us know.

You don't need to care to fall for the idea that he is anything more than a moron criminal sociopath in over his head.  That is all this is.  There is no other story.  

Do we need to wait until he starts killing people before his criminality can be addressed?  Didn't he almost get someone killed when he leaked Israeli intelligence to the Russians?  You have really run out of defenses for your orange superhero if that is the new measure of what constitutes high crimes and misdemeanors.  He clearly covered up these calls and the quid pro quo is undeniable.  This is going to at least ruin careers if not send people to jail... again.  

I get it.  You want to believe.  He is a bull in a china shop, and the china shop has been fucking with the American people and abroad, pushing its war agenda for decades but he is easily played because he is an off the charts narcissist.  The GOP has guided him to appoint the judges they want, to give them the big tax break, to get rid of environmental regulations and ignore climate change, etc.  He continuously has Russia's back on sanctions, Crimea, the G7, etc.  The only thing he has accomplished that I think came from his own feable brain is the trade war.  He is a total failure and an imbecile.

Sept. 30, 2019, 10:59 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Nothing of this magnitude ever occurred in their administrations or it would have been attacked by the GOP at the time.  

ha!

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/09/26/what-isnt-mentioned-about-the-trump-ukraine-scandal-the-routine-corruption-of-us-foreign-policy/

You should just link to the far better article from The Hill that this blog used for research.

My take:

- Hunter Biden and all the Americans with powerful connections that get high paying jobs abroad to sit on some bullshit board should be investigated IMO.  Like Bob Dole, etc.  They have nothing to offer but their connections.
- Shokin was protecting the corrupt that were associated with Yanukovych in Ukraine and everyone knew it.  The idea that his firing somehow protected Biden's son is going to be hard to prove since everyone in the west and the IMF wanted him gone and it is far more likely that he was protecting Burisma from an investigation.
- The US meddled in getting rid of Yanukovych and the Russians meddled to get him in before that.  This is not news.

While I am flattered that you would get so excited that you can use one of my posts against me, there is no Ha! to be had.  I am all for an investigation, but I think your favorite blog has it's Russian blinders on as usual... and so does The Hill for that matter.  Is there any proof that Shokin was actively investigating Burisma?  Without that there is no motive for Biden to get him ousted to protect his son.  To say this story is anywhere near the magnitude of the Trump phone calls is seriously grasping at straws.

Sept. 30, 2019, 1:10 p.m.

The story is saying that what Trump did is just biz as usual.

Here... https://www.truthdig.com/articles/impeach-all-the-presidents/ ...the Maj. makes the same point.

Last edited by: tungsten on Sept. 30, 2019, 1:11 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 1, 2019, 12:43 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Two things I guess: Because Benghazi doesnt seem to be an issue ever to anyone who idents as a Lib but, a phone call between the leaders of two nations who have an operating agreement to help investigate or offer assistance in such endeavors as say money laundering when the (former) VP of the USA told one of those same two counties leaders ""You can't withhold the billion dollars, you're not The President", Biden said "Call him.""

And Trump said what this time?

Oct. 1, 2019, 1:06 a.m.

You don't need to care to fall for the idea that he is anything more than a moron criminal sociopath in over his head.  That is all this is.  There is no other story.  

Do we need to wait until he starts killing people before his criminality can be addressed?  Didn't he almost get someone killed when he leaked Israeli intelligence to the Russians?  You have really run out of defenses for your orange superhero if that is the new measure of what constitutes high crimes and misdemeanors.  He clearly covered up these calls and the quid pro quo is undeniable.  This is going to at least ruin careers if not send people to jail... again.  

I get it.  You want to believe.  He is a bull in a china shop, and the china shop has been fucking with the American people and abroad, pushing its war agenda for decades but he is easily played because he is an off the charts narcissist.  The GOP has guided him to appoint the judges they want, to give them the big tax break, to get rid of environmental regulations and ignore climate change, etc.  He continuously has Russia's back on sanctions, Crimea, the G7, etc.  The only thing he has accomplished that I think came from his own feable brain is the trade war.  He is a total failure and an imbecile.

I dont think you get shit about me. I'll explain this much as there's seems to be some highly miscontrued ideas about me: I care more about the integrity of a process (or a Country for ex,) than any person in it. As for the GOP - you cant keep playing both sides of "knowing better" while also maintaining a belief there actually is a difference between the GOP and DNC? Which is it because you want to pass it off as both something different when it suits your needs and the flip when a different argument comes up.

If Trump was suffering from NPD, he wouldnt listen to the GOP would he but he's par the GOP course you say?

Oct. 1, 2019, 9:23 a.m.

Here... https://www.truthdig.com/articles/impeach-all-the-presidents/ ...the Maj. makes the same point.

I get it, and they have a point, but what they fail to recognize is that there is a massive difference between Presidents abusing their power to further US objectives and that of furthering their own personal objectives.  Impeachment is about what the people, and what the members of the houses will stand for.  It's not really about legality.  The American people have long ago accepted that their government is often a shady criminal enterprise, but the overall problem with Trump's corruption is that it is mostly for personal gain.  The US has been working outside of the law forever and we all know that.  They should be stopped, but doing nothing about it is a non-partisan issue for them and the intelligence agencies are all part of it as well.  Nixon was threatened with impeachment because he committed crimes for his own personal gain. Clinton was impeached because he couldn't keep it in his pants (again personal), and now Trump.  On the other hand, there were plenty of things to go after Reagan or Dubya for, but the whole gang was behind them in those cases and nobody is willing to open that can of worms.

Oct. 1, 2019, 9:26 a.m.

Two things I guess: Because Benghazi doesnt seem to be an issue ever to anyone who idents as a Lib but, a phone call between the leaders of two nations who have an operating agreement to help investigate or offer assistance in such endeavors as say money laundering when the (former) VP of the USA told one of those same two counties leaders ""You can't withhold the billion dollars, you're not The President", Biden said "Call him.""

If Biden acted to come to his son's aid then they should investigate.  it doesn't look like he did from what I can see, but that is exactly why you investigate.  Trump doesn't care about corruption in the Ukraine, he wanted dirt on his main political rival.  Do you not see this?

Oct. 1, 2019, 9:42 a.m.

I dont think you get shit about me. I'll explain this much as there's seems to be some highly miscontrued ideas about me: I care more about the integrity of a process (or a Country for ex,) than any person in it. As for the GOP - you cant keep playing both sides of "knowing better" while also maintaining a belief there actually is a difference between the GOP and DNC? Which is it because you want to pass it off as both something different when it suits your needs and the flip when a different argument comes up.

If Trump was suffering from NPD, he wouldnt listen to the GOP would he but he's par the GOP course you say?

Trump is not aligned with the GOP, but he likes tax cuts.  He doesn't have the intellectual curiosity to worry about judicial appointments, so he gives them that.  He has to work with them to some degree, but he has NPD 100%.

According to DSM-5, individuals with NPD have most (at least five) or all of the symptoms listed below (generally without commensurate qualities or accomplishments).

- Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment by others.

- Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.

- Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions.

- Needing constant admiration from others.

- Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others.

- Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain.

- Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs.

- Intensely jealous of others and the belief that others are equally jealous of them.

- Pompous and arrogant demeanor.

He has all of these symptoms.  He is a classic case.  I got this list from an article in Psychology Today, and they agree.

I am no fan of the Democrats and the corruption in US politics is systemic, but the GOP is clearly worse.  They deny climate change, they fought for Citizens United, they fight the most wars, they elected Trump.  They are never going to get rid of the parties, which is something I agree with Reductimat on, but the US should at least find a way to blow up the 2 party monopoly.  

Lastly, how can you say you care about the integrity of a process when Trump ignores subpoenas, pilfers Military funds to pay for his wall, etc?  I know you think he is a wrecking ball to the system, but he is the system and worst of it.  What does he do to fight for the people?  What am I missing that isn't some bizzarre code you think you are deciphering?  I am not sure if anyone understands what your politics are, but the point I have been making for years now is that you don't understand Trump.

Oct. 1, 2019, 9:52 a.m.

they fail to recognize is that there is a massive difference between Presidents abusing their power to further US objectives and that of furthering their own personal objectives.

No they don't. They're point is stupid amerikans are losing their democracy by allowing presidents to abuse

their power for whatever reasons.

Never forget Noam Chomsky’s criticism of the de facto impeachment and removal of Richard Nixon: Watergate was about Nixon’s breaking of ruling class norms by needlessly burglarizing the other major imperial party’s candidate headquarters. The Watergate hearings evaded Nixon and Kissinger’s mass murderous bombing of Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam, Nixon and Kissinger’s criminal support for a fascist coup in Chile, and Nixon’s vicious, fascist-style police-state repression of the antiwar, Black freedom, and radical Left movements. Nixon’s biggest crimes went un-aired and unpunished. It was officially fine for Nixon to inflict monumental murder and mayhem on anti-imperial freedom-fighters, peasants, and the Left at home and abroad. Nixon’s only authorized sin was to have stupidly messed with the other American ruling class and imperial party, the Democrats, at home.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/10/01/beyond-impeachment-remove-this-regime-from-below-2/

Last edited by: tungsten on Oct. 1, 2019, 10:22 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Oct. 1, 2019, 11:35 a.m.

If Biden acted to come to his son's aid then they should investigate.  it doesn't look like he did from what I can see, but that is exactly why you investigate.  Trump doesn't care about corruption in the Ukraine, he wanted dirt on his main political rival.  Do you not see this?

LOL @ main rival. Trump would've destroyed creepy Joe in any debate. So no I dont see Trump politically targeting Biden Sr in any sort of unethical way. How you see it is beyond me. In fact, how Biden implicated Obama with that quote from me above and you dont see it which is interesting; because really, if Obama knew, SOS Kerry and Clinton knew, along with quite a few others... You should check out Burisma Holdings and Privat Corp, that could be trending and something you can look easily into.

You also conveniently forget that the Steele Dossier/Crowdstrike/FISA was all illegally targeting Trump and the very same thing you accuse him of doing. How you cant see any sort of hypocritical irony in your views is... well, just another sign of liberalism.

On the lighter side, here's some funfoil for you: HRC is going to be the 2020 DNC runner so "Trump" cant charge her with anything as that'll interfere in the election. Or Obama comes back to avoid charges as well. Either way, its pardons for e'ryone.

Oct. 1, 2019, 11:40 a.m.

I am no fan of the Democrats and the corruption in US politics is systemic, but the GOP is clearly worse.  They deny climate change, they fought for Citizens United, they fight the most wars, they elected Trump. 

The Republicans also gerrymander as well as work diligently on voter suppression.