Trump.

March 27, 2019, 11:31 a.m.

Have to say I didn't think Donnie would have lasted this long.

Thought the job would have been too much hassle and he would have bailed by now.

March 27, 2019, 11:45 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Thought the job would have been too much hassle and he would have bailed by now.

It is a hassle but he doesn't do anything. Syncophants in the know whisper in his ear who to hire and they go about the business of blowing up stuff.

Tweet, play golf and inanely mangle english while smirking at the cameras shaking hands with despots. This is hugely ego boosting shit ya know.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller spent almost two years to produce a $25 million report that is a flat tire. Still unreleased in full to the American people, Trump’s acolyte, Attorney General William Barr, a longtime friend of Republican Mueller, gave us what Trump long craved—by stating that “the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities” during the 2016 election. As for obstruction of justice by Trump, Attorney General Barr cryptically burped, that “The Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him”—whatever that means. Give people the whole report now, as the House of Representatives voted 420 to 0 to do.

What a farce and distraction this whole exercise turned out to be! Mueller’s assigned subject was Trump. So, does this prosecutor demand to interview Trump, to subpoena Trump? No. Does this special investigator conclude with any legal recommendations at all? No. He just wants to be forgotten as he slinks away into deliberate silence (unless he is made to testify before the House Judiciary Committee). 

Really, what should we have expected from someone who, as FBI Director, testified before Congress as part of the Bush/Cheney regime, pushing for the criminal invasion of Iraq in 2003?

- Ralph Nader

Last edited by: tungsten on March 27, 2019, 11:47 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 27, 2019, 12:38 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: Brocklanders

It is a hassle but he doesn't do anything. Syncophants in the know whisper in his ear who to hire and they go about the business of blowing up stuff.

What? Donnie works harder than anyone.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1094664056827449344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1094664056827449344&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.voanews.com%2Fa%2Ftrump-boasts-he-may-be-hardest-working-us-president-ever%2F4780752.html

March 29, 2019, 2:01 p.m.

+ Robert Mueller became like a Hollywood green screen that people could project their fantasies upon, none more baroquely than the doyenne of MSDNC Rachel Maddow, who her rode her CGI version of Mueller to the top of the cable ratings. Maddow’s Mueller wasn’t the man who spread fatal myths about Iraqi WMDs, targeted and infiltrated radical environmental groups, concocted elaborate plots to entrap Muslims in fake terrorism cases and ran roughshod over basic constitutional rights while he was a top federal prosecutor and FBI director.

Maddow’s Mueller was a man of her own invention. Her Mueller was stoic, fearless and indefatigable. He could see deep and far. He would follow any lead, interrogate any foe, unmask any nefarious troll. He would scrutinize tax filings, bank accounts, and loan documents. He would detect where money was laundered and by whom. He would track computer hackers though the misty reaches of the dark web and back to their source in Moscow or Prague. He was an incorruptible father figure, a kind of political super-ego who was charged with disciplining and punishing the Id-like rampages of Donald Trump and his cronies.

For more than two years, Maddow indoctrinated her cult-like audience with ever more bizarre, complex and inchoate scenarios of Russian super-villainy and Trumpian mendacity. In Maddow’s cosmology, only Robert Mueller, she assured her rapt claque, could pierce the conspiracy, bring the conspirators to stern justice and set the captives free.

Yet, once again, prophecy has failed. Now Maddow’s ratings are in free-fall* and her dismayed congregation left behind, a political preterite, all dressed up in their black tracksuits and Nikes with no indictment party to attend…

*https://www.thedailybeast.com/msnbcs-trump-russia-ratings-juggernaut-fizzles-time-to-pivot-to-2020?ref=home

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/21/trump-economy-election-1230495

Last edited by: tungsten on March 29, 2019, 8 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 30, 2019, 2:41 p.m.

https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/russiagate-is-trumps-victory-with-matt-taibbi-aaron-mate

KH: You have people saying that Trump is a megalomaniac with dementia who’s erratic. And the same people say that Putin is a megalomaniac and evil. And they both have their finger on the button. And these people want Trump to ratchet things up with Putin. So what is the endgame that they imagine?

AM: They imagine no endgame. This whole thing is incoherent. They were accusing Trump of doing Putin’s bidding while he consistently does the opposite: tries to overthrow Putin’s ally in Venezuela; bombs Putin’s ally in Syria twice; pulls out of the [Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces] Treaty, basically setting off a whole new nuclear arms race. So basically, the actual endgame in real life is existential peril, because we are risking nuclear accidents and the threat of war based on these hawkish policies. But that doesn’t matter to those who profited off of the Russiagate narrative, like the failed neoliberal, Democratic elites, who needed an excuse to cover for the fact that they lost to Donald Trump; FBI intelligence officials who opened up this investigation on very specious grounds and who suspected Trump, in part, because he was saying nice things about Vladimir Putin. And whether you agree with that or not, to lay that as a predicate for a counterintelligence investigation is just extraordinary. Then there was the media, which, of course, got a lot of ratings and clicks by spinning this spy thriller.

Last edited by: tungsten on March 31, 2019, 8:52 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 1, 2019, 11:25 a.m.

I love how all the right wing media and whatever you call the stuff Tungsten reads have been jumping up and down about what fools the "MSM" are for thinking they knew what Mueller was up to all this time even though we still don't know what Mueller was up to.  This report may not have the recommendation to indict the president, but that is as good as it is going to get by the looks of things.  It isn't going to be 400 pages of good news for Cheeto Benito, and that is just the start.  All Barr is doing now is giving a few weeks to crow.

PLUS:

Investigations by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York:

Campaign conspiracy and Trump Organization finances

Inauguration funding

Trump super PAC funding

Foreign lobbying

Investigations by the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia:

Maria Butina and the NRA

Investigations by the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia:

Elena Alekseevna Khusyaynova, the alleged chief accountant of the Internet Research Agency who was indicted separately earlier this fall, charged with activity that went above and beyond the 2016 campaign. Why she was prosecuted separately remains a mystery.

Turkish influence: Michael Flynn’s plea agreement includes some details of the case, and he is cooperating with investigators.

Investigations by New York City, New York State and other state attorneys general:

Tax case: In the wake of an N.Y. Times investigation that found Trump had benefited from more than $400 million in tax schemes, city officials said they were investigating Trump’s tax payments, as did the New York State Tax Department. 

The Trump Foundation

Emoluments lawsuit: The attorneys general for Maryland and D.C. sent out subpoenas earlier this month for Trump Organization and hotel financial records relating to their lawsuit that the president is in breach of the "Emoluments Clause" of the Constitution, which appears to prohibit the president from accepting payments from foreign powers while in office.

And there's a mystery investigation from an unknown office:

Redacted Case #2: A second, redacted Flynn investigation could be one of the other investigations mentioned here. It could also represent another as-yet-unknown unfolding criminal case or could be a counterintelligence investigation that will never become public.

April 1, 2019, 7:33 p.m.

I don't think you can find, in all the column inches Matt Taibbi's published in the Rollingstone anything remotely approaching "right wing". https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/taibbi-trump-russia-mueller-investigation-815060/

Your use of "right wing" as a bludgeon is, of course, so broad as to encompass anything you disagree with. lol...

The greed of the dismal dollar democrats and their handlers, the people who make the bombs, in their misguided attempt to get rid of Trump and institute a new cold war in one fell swoop may have Trump riding "no collusion" all the way to the WH in 2020.

Last edited by: tungsten on April 1, 2019, 7:34 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 2, 2019, 11:21 a.m.

I don't think you can find, in all the column inches Matt Taibbi's published in the Rollingstone anything remotely approaching "right wing". https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/taibbi-trump-russia-mueller-investigation-815060/

Your use of "right wing" as a bludgeon is, of course, so broad as to encompass anything you disagree with. lol...

The greed of the dismal dollar democrats and their handlers, the people who make the bombs, in their misguided attempt to get rid of Trump and institute a new cold war in one fell swoop may have Trump riding "no collusion" all the way to the WH in 2020.

I normally try not to quote myself, but if you expect me to read 20 cooterpunch articles a week you could at least read my comparatively short posts.

I love how all the right wing media and whatever you call the stuff Tungsten reads 

Most of what you post is pretty far left actually and I am well aware of that, but the left can be just as looney and the right and some are so desperate to show they are against the Democrats too they make fools of themselves.  I like Matt Taibi and much of what the Rolling Stone puts out there, but that doesn't mean that his opinion is flawless.  He mentions literally the only 2 things Trump has ever done to possibly upset Putin, military actions in Syria and supporting Maduro's opposition, BUT last time I checked Russia has troops in both those countries today and is successfully propping up both those leaders unimpeded by the US of A, so I am not too sure those can be used as evidence of anything.  Meanwhile, he has off the record meetings with Putin and his many ties to Russian oligarchs are well known and confusing to understand in any sensible way.  Would you give Obama or Bush that much leeway and benefit of the doubt?  If Hillary did this it would be proof positive of her criminality and CP would be singing from the rooftops.  

Taibbi also seems a bit tone deaf on Trump's win.  For sure the main reason was discontent with both the Democrats and Republicans.  Trump should not have made it past day one of the primaries in a sane world where politicians work for the people, but he needed more than that to get past the finish line.  There are 50 reasons he won because without just one of those factors his historical razor-thin election win disappears.

The Mueller report is hundreds of pages, and we are going to see the full extent to which they found Russia worked to fix the election for Trump.  Notice how Barr never really mentioned this very important aspect of the investigation?  One could even say the reason for the investigation itself.  All we know so far as that there was not enough known direct connection to charge Trump or the kids with conspiracy.

April 2, 2019, 2:06 p.m.

and we are going to see the full extent to which they found Russia worked to fix the election for Trump. 

Nothingburger. jesus man, give it up. lol....

April 3, 2019, 9:53 a.m.

and we are going to see the full extent to which they found Russia worked to fix the election for Trump. 

Nothingburger. jesus man, give it up. lol....

The report will cast a light on how much nothing is in that burger then I suppose.  We already know a lot about the Russian efforts at this point, so I will be shocked if that burger isn't dripping in Russian dressing.  :)

April 4, 2019, 7:17 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=56&v=qUPsNgmXR7M

April 4, 2019, 8:25 p.m.

saw this in an ad for another vid after the one tungsten linked to - it looks pretty good

http://www.sfu.ca/publicsquare/community-summit/2019-community-summit/keynote.html

April 8, 2019, 11:06 a.m.

"Hillary wanted to put up wind. Wind. If you ― if you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations: Your house just went down 75 percent in value. And they say the noise causes cancer. You tell me that one, OK? “Rrrrr, rrrrr” ― you know the thing that makes the ― it’s so noisy. And of course it’s like a graveyard for birds. If you love birds, you’d never want to walk under a windmill because it’s a very sad, sad sight. It’s like a cemetery. We put a little, we put a little statute for the poor birds. It’s true. You know in California, if you shoot a bald eagle, they put you in jail for five years. And yet the windmills wipe ’em all out. It’s true. They wipe ’em out. It’s terrible. And I told the other day at CPAC. Great people at CPAC. We had an incredible thing. I had nothing to do. It was early on a Saturday morning. I had just gotten back from dealing with Kim Jong Un. We had a walk. He wasn’t ready for a deal but that’s OK because we get along great. He wasn’t ready. I told him, you’re not ready for a deal. That’s the first time anybody has ever told him that and left. It never happened to him before. Nobody’s ever left. But I said you’re not ready for a deal, but we’ll make a deal. We have a good relationship. We have a good relationship. But I told a story about, at CPAC. The woman, she wants to watch television. And she says to her husband, “Is the wind blowing? I’d love to watch a show tonight, darling. The wind hasn’t blown for three days. I can’t watch television, darling. Darling, please tell the wind to blow.” No, wind’s not so good. And you know, you have no idea how expensive it is to make those things. They’re all made in China and Germany, but the way, just in case you’re ― we don’t make ’em here, essentially. We don’t make ’em here. And by the way, the carbon, and all those things flying up in the air, you know the carbon footprint? President Obama used to talk about the carbon footprint, and then he’d hop on Air Force One, a big 747 with very old engines, and he’d fly to Hawaii to play a round of golf. You tell me, the carbon footprint." - the President of the United States

Last edited by: tungsten on April 16, 2019, 4:13 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 16, 2019, 4:01 p.m.

Chup - here ya go:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1118260280583127041.html

April 18, 2019, 3:27 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Chup - here ya go:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1118260280583127041.html

That was a little too Glenn Beck for me.  What is the theory?