Trump.

Jan. 21, 2019, 7:49 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Mitch just needs to send the same bill (that passed 100-0 I believe?) he sent to Trump before the holidays that he refused to sign.  If he refuses to sign it again, just use the senate super majority vote he had and pass it.  End of shutdown.  So Mitch may not be responsible for it, but he can certainly end it pretty quickly if he wanted to.

That would make Trump look bad, and Mitch will not do that as the next presidential election is less than two years away.

Jan. 21, 2019, 8:19 p.m.

Jan. 21, 2019, 11:33 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Mitch just needs to send the same bill (that passed 100-0 I believe?) he sent to Trump before the holidays that he refused to sign. If he refuses to sign it again, just use the senate super majority vote he had and pass it. End of shutdown. So Mitch may not be responsible for it, but he can certainly end it pretty quickly if he wanted to.

That would make Trump look bad, and Mitch will not do that as the next presidential election is less than two years away.

Other than Occasional-Cortex, the Democrats have no clear candidates for 2020. And she, is dangerous.

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Jan. 22, 2019, midnight, edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 21, 2019, 11:35 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

So back on actual current events now.

Anyone else find it unsurprising that Pelosi denied President Trump's compromise before he finished speaking on Sat?

Anyone else find it more obvious now that looney left are obstructionist's at any cost? The Democrats dont care about American's.

Anyone else remember what a Purple Revolution is?

LOL.  You know those Democrats.  They never compromise.  /s

LOL - what happened to Democrats caring about DACA? That'd be a decent compromise right? DACA people get to stay on the inside of the wall and illegal immigrants can go to the back of the line of legal immigrants and the proper process.

Jan. 22, 2019, midnight

Mitch just needs to send the same bill (that passed 100-0 I believe?) he sent to Trump before the holidays that he refused to sign.  If he refuses to sign it again, just use the senate super majority vote he had and pass it.  End of shutdown.  So Mitch may not be responsible for it, but he can certainly end it pretty quickly if he wanted to.

Perhaps Mitch believes in his President.

Nothing wrong with that is there?

Jan. 22, 2019, 8:22 a.m.

He may believe in his President, but id imagine that belief would be waning.  He had the belief that his President had agreed to sign a bill, but then yanked away that agreement at the last minute to try make himself look good to his 'base'.  Id assume at some point Mitch will be looking out for himself (as he is up for re-election in 2020) more than usual and might try and get something done within the power he has at his disposal.

Jan. 22, 2019, 9:55 a.m.

Mitch just needs to send the same bill (that passed 100-0 I believe?) he sent to Trump before the holidays that he refused to sign. If he refuses to sign it again, just use the senate super majority vote he had and pass it. End of shutdown. So Mitch may not be responsible for it, but he can certainly end it pretty quickly if he wanted to.

Other than Occasional-Cortex, the Democrats have no clear candidates for 2020. And she, is dangerous.

AOC is not going to run in 2020.  Where do you get news?  What is a "clear candidate" anyway?  I like Harris out of the pack so far, but 2020 is still a long way off.

Jan. 22, 2019, 10:05 a.m.

Anyone else find it unsurprising that Pelosi denied President Trump's compromise before he finished speaking on Sat?

Anyone else find it more obvious now that looney left are obstructionist's at any cost? The Democrats dont care about American's.

LOL - what happened to Democrats caring about DACA? That'd be a decent compromise right? DACA people get to stay on the inside of the wall and illegal immigrants can go to the back of the line of legal immigrants and the proper process.

LOL.  Just sit back and let Pelosi teach you about the art of the deal.  :)  Trump is taking the heat for the shutdown and he needs the wall desperately to appease his base.  Nobody but his base wants the wall.  There is no need to compromise when you know your opponent has no hand to play.  The Democrats have had plenty of time to learn how the Republicans play the game, and only a fool would compromise when they don't have to.  This is a long game and Trump has no strategy.

Jan. 22, 2019, 11:26 a.m.

Are you so insecure in your beliefs that you have to resort to juvenile name calling instead of a person's proper name?

Jan. 22, 2019, 1:15 p.m.

Are you so insecure in your beliefs that you have to resort to juvenile name calling instead of a person's proper name?

No I just have a sense of humor and think it's pretty funny. Have you read any of the shit she has said?

Aaaaand at least I answer almost all questions posted to me instead of deflecting them anyway I can.

So who's the Democrats best 2020 Candidate? Harris, Pocahontas, Creepy Uncle Joe Biden, Waters, DWS or ever Pelosi?

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Jan. 22, 2019, 1:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 22, 2019, 3:27 p.m.

LOL.  Just sit back and let Pelosi teach you about the art of the deal.  :)  Trump is taking the heat for the shutdown and he needs the wall desperately to appease his base.  Nobody but his base wants the wall.  There is no need to compromise when you know your opponent has no hand to play.  The Democrats have had plenty of time to learn how the Republicans play the game, and only a fool would compromise when they don't have to.  This is a long game and Trump has no strategy.

Elle oh freaking Elle man.

What exactly will I be waiting for? Trump to cave in an election issue? Of course he's taking heat for the shut down, he is in control. I wont argue that. Keep in mind sir, Trump isnt a Republican.

Jan. 22, 2019, 3:48 p.m.

A Republican, a RINO, I don't really care what you call him.  His supporters and his enablers are all Republicans, and they are the ones that will sink or swim right beside him.

I don't know how this will end, but I do know that Trump is in a very weak negotiating position.

Jan. 22, 2019, 7:23 p.m.

So who's the Democrats best 2020 Candidate? Harris, Pocahontas, Creepy Uncle Joe Biden, Waters, DWS or ever Pelosi?

u igorant. hrer primer... https://www.truthdig.com/articles/mlk-holiday-offers-stage-for-democratic-2020-hopefuls/

And, here's one for the Russiaphobes. heh...

Every once in a while, one of those stories comes along that makes the mainstream corporate media look like a bunch of middle-school kids filming their “news show” on an iPhone with their neck ties crooked. Recently, one of those stories splashed down into the middle of our cultural zeitgeist like a small meteor landing in the middle of an elite dinner party.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/a-n-y-times-story-just-accidentally-shredded-the-russiagate-hysteria/

Last edited by: tungsten on Jan. 22, 2019, 7:26 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 23, 2019, 9:07 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

u igorant. hrer primer... https://www.truthdig.com/articles/mlk-holiday-offers-stage-for-democratic-2020-hopefuls/

And, here's one for the Russiaphobes. heh...

Every once in a while, one of those stories comes along that makes the mainstream corporate media look like a bunch of middle-school kids filming their “news show” on an iPhone with their neck ties crooked. Recently, one of those stories splashed down into the middle of our cultural zeitgeist like a small meteor landing in the middle of an elite dinner party.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/a-n-y-times-story-just-accidentally-shredded-the-russiagate-hysteria/

LOL.  Oh man, you gotta love the Onion.

Jan. 23, 2019, 12:56 p.m.

A Republican, a RINO, I don't really care what you call him.  His supporters and his enablers are all Republicans, and they are the ones that will sink or swim right beside him.

I don't know how this will end, but I do know that Trump is in a very weak negotiating position.

Ohh lets just say I think he (somehow) has a good poker face.