Trump.

Sept. 28, 2018, 1:01 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

how much are the russians paying you shogun? cause theres no way a normal person without any incentive would buy into fucking ANY of this shit.

Got a theory: Fox, info wars, etc give people easy to swallow short sound bites that play off of prejudices. I noticed this at my work one day when 3 separate (conservative) co-workers repeated the same odd Fox news bite to me.

As long as you don't tune into any legitimate news sources, ever, this misdirected narrative becomes...reality. Angry reality that you need to vent about.

It's like eating ice cream sundaes every night for dinner, after a while you don't even want to hear about fucking broccoli.

Last edited by: Hepcat on Sept. 28, 2018, 1:03 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 28, 2018, 1:32 p.m.

how much are the russians paying you shogun? cause theres no way a normal person without any incentive would buy into fucking ANY of this shit.

Seriously the Russians cant find better people eh?

Even more seriously is the fact that I can easily say the same thing to all of you - you cant actually believe the looney left of libtardia can you? Adam you're usually one of the more level headed people who doesnt do blanket statements from what I can tell. You mean to tell me you cant see any democratic and fbi collusion here?

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Sept. 28, 2018, 1:33 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 28, 2018, 1:33 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Got a theory: Fox, info wars, etc give people easy to swallow short sound bites that play off of prejudices. I noticed this at my work one day when 3 separate (conservative) co-workers repeated the same odd Fox news bite to me.

As long as you don't tune into any legitimate news sources, ever, this misdirected narrative becomes...reality. Angry reality that you need to vent about.

It's like eating ice cream sundaes every night for dinner, after a while you don't even want to hear about fucking broccoli.

Dude I'll put broccoli and cheese on my ice cream thank you very much.

Define legitimate news source?

Sept. 28, 2018, 1:35 p.m.

300 years ago called... looking for people from Salem.

Sept. 28, 2018, 1:38 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

My man, I don't think I'm the one who needs to be doing that.

Sept. 28, 2018, 2:01 p.m.

Got a theory..

Just gonna sidetrack into your avatar: is that just a squid cat or is it Cathulhu?

Sept. 28, 2018, 2:05 p.m.

My man, I don't think I'm the one who needs to be doing that.

I'ts pretty subjective when it comes down to it. 1997 SCOTUS ruling, news does not have to be factual. Which is why I prefer information over news.

Sept. 28, 2018, 2:25 p.m.

So, what would be your main  day to day information source?

I'm mostly using NPR (am in U.S.). Also BBC & The Wall Street Journal.

(Btw, yes that's Catthulhu. Long time tabletop RPG nerd).

Sept. 28, 2018, 7:42 p.m.

Adam you're usually one of the more level headed people who doesnt do blanket statements...

That should tell you a lot about the stuff you are posting.

Sept. 28, 2018, 8:31 p.m.

Wow. I'm an ex-pat and find NPR good only for knowing what the enemy tinkles. WSJ, icky.

Just sayin'........

Last edited by: tungsten on Sept. 28, 2018, 8:31 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 28, 2018, 9:37 p.m.

Nah, NPR is slightly left of center and highly factually accurate, WSJ is to the right, but not far enough to completely lose the plot. BBC is nice for the non-american perspective. I did my due diligence before subscribing to these news sources.

Perhaps we all should.

What's your go-to Tungsten?

Last edited by: Hepcat on Sept. 28, 2018, 9:41 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 28, 2018, 10:35 p.m.

They're all fucked, as are all of you (including me).  We're only getting out of this mess if you assume every news feed is full of bias and flaws.

Sept. 29, 2018, 1:08 a.m.

So, what would be your main  day to day information source?

(Btw, yes that's Catthulhu. Long time tabletop RPG nerd).

My main source is what I'll just call a publicly user generated news forum. Its actually crack-like addictive.

I'll read other sources if it pertains to something else I've read.

I think Cathulhu needs longer whisker's.

Sept. 29, 2018, 1:11 a.m.

Nah, NPR is slightly left of center and highly factually accurate, WSJ is to the right, but not far enough to completely lose the plot. BBC is nice for the non-american perspective. I did my due diligence before subscribing to these news sources.

Perhaps we all should.

What's your go-to Tungsten?

You must be new here. Tungsten is all about spoon feeding the Counterpunch.

To us.

In really long quotes, that often times seems never ending in length.

I think he's got some click back deal going with them.

Sept. 29, 2018, 1:13 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

They're all fucked, as are all of you (including me).  We're only getting out of this mess if you assume every news feed is full of bias and flaws.

And considering that Kavanaugh apparently wrote part of the Patriot Act and was a judge on it, you're probably spot on.