Trump.

Aug. 29, 2018, 12:30 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

switch - Being a dishwasher is my mental level.

fyp...

Wow - welcome to 2003..

Aug. 29, 2018, 2:02 a.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: FLATCH

I just loved that McCain was able to give Don one last postmortem kick in the nut sack. Don was speechless. He was so childish as to raise the flags of the white house back to full staff. What class.

You do realize McCain was slated for execution until pardoned dontcha? Something to do with being called Wetstart McCain from the USS Forrestal incident.

^^ Fake News.  Never received a pardon.

Thats debatable as I read about that incident long before fake news was actually fake news as we know it today.

But being the son of an Admiral could have some perks.

Aug. 29, 2018, 2:43 a.m.

You probably read about it earlier because the same thing was brought up during his 2008 presidential run.  It's been debunked - the rocket came from another jet fighter at the other side of the flight deck.

Aug. 29, 2018, 9:04 a.m.

The grossest thing in American society is the reactionary sentimentality that fill our gossip infected hearts with a chemical reaction every time one of our supposed war heroes moves on to a more peaceful place.

If McCain was just a war hero nobody would have noticed his passing.  He was a permanent fixture in American politics and was respected even by his adversaries because he was willing to sit down and work with them.  Was he a hawk?  Yes.  Did I agree with him?  Rarely.  But is ridiculous to hang America's war lust around McCain's neck and what America needs today is more McCains in the GOP.

Aug. 29, 2018, 7:12 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

The grossest thing in American society is the reactionary sentimentality that fill our gossip infected hearts with a chemical reaction every time one of our supposed war heroes moves on to a more peaceful place.

If McCain was just a war hero nobody would have noticed his passing.  He was a permanent fixture in American politics and was respected even by his adversaries because he was willing to sit down and work with them.  Was he a hawk?  Yes.  Did I agree with him?  Rarely.  But is ridiculous to hang America's war lust around McCain's neck and what America needs today is more McCains in the GOP.

Ok now you're just trolling a few/two of us right?

Aug. 29, 2018, 8:33 p.m.

Posted by: switch

You probably read about it earlier because the same thing was brought up during his 2008 presidential run. It's been debunked - the rocket came from another jet fighter at the other side of the flight deck.

But, wait a minute, mister know-it-all.......

John McCain’s personal account of his life has shaped a powerful political narrative that accords him deference on the full range of policy issues. His first effort at shaping that narrative received a remarkable boost when the May 14, 1973, edition of U.S. News & World Report gave him space for what is perhaps the longest article the magazine had ever run, a 12,000-word piece composed entirely of his unedited and often rambling account of his prisoner-of-war experience. Ever since, McCain has added compelling details at key points in his political career. When his stories are placed beside documented evidence from other sources, significant contradictions often emerge. One such case involves McCain’s experience in the devastating fire and explosions that killed 134 sailors on the aircraft carrier USS Forrestal during the Vietnam War three months before he was shot down over North Vietnam. McCain has made claims about this accident that differ dramatically from parts of the official Navy report and accounts of reliable eyewitnesses........

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/investigating-john-mccains-tragedy-at-sea/

But is ridiculous to hang America's war lust around McCain's neck and what America needs today is more McCains in the GOP.

Put down the bomb, chup...

Bong bong bong, bong bong Iran.....

Last edited by: tungsten on Aug. 29, 2018, 9:34 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
Aug. 29, 2018, 9:32 p.m.

“I hate the gooks,”Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) doubled down when asked on the 2000 presidential campaign trail about his continued use of the racist slur for Vietnamese people. “I will hate them as long as I live.”

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/08/29/john-mccain-war-criminal-not-war-hero/

Aug. 30, 2018, 4:38 a.m.

of course he hated them, look what they did to him.

Aug. 30, 2018, 8:29 a.m.

But is ridiculous to hang America's war lust around McCain's neck and what America needs today is more McCains in the GOP.

Put down the bomb, chup...

Bong bong bong, bong bong Iran.....

Listen, I don't love Republican warmongers, but I will take them any day over what the group of free market cultist traitors that rule to GOP today.

Aug. 30, 2018, 10:29 a.m.

He was referring to his captors - kind of like how people refer to "Nazis".

He also apologized after the incident, and stopped using the term "gook".

Aug. 30, 2018, 2:19 p.m.

Sadly you're not it would seem. Lets see:

He personally delivered the Steele dossier.

Pictures with ISIS overseas.

Was an a-typical GOP member before Trump's winning(s) and then basically became a Democrat out of pure spite. Obamacare vote ya?

Weren't you for term limits? The last thing America needs in general are even more politically divisive people like McCain, Waters and Pelosi in the forefront of their political theater.

And just to stay on topic:

Trump is still the better option.

Aug. 30, 2018, 2:20 p.m.

So what sort of stockholm syndrome do the liberals have if Conservative Trumpers are labelled Nazi's?

Aug. 30, 2018, 3:09 p.m.

Sadly you're not it would seem. Lets see:

He personally delivered the Steele dossier.

Pictures with ISIS overseas.

Was an a-typical GOP member before Trump's winning(s) and then basically became a Democrat out of pure spite. Obamacare vote ya?

Weren't you for term limits? The last thing America needs in general are even more politically divisive people like McCain, Waters and Pelosi in the forefront of their political theater.

And just to stay on topic:

Trump is still the better option.

"Trump is still the better option"   That's one way to look at it for sure.

Aug. 30, 2018, 9:27 p.m.

So what sort of stockholm syndrome do the liberals have if Conservative Trumpers are labelled Nazi's?

If liberals are taking about real Nazis, like McCain was talking about real Gooks, there's not an issue.

Aug. 31, 2018, 12:11 a.m.

If liberals are taking about real Nazis, like McCain was talking about real Gooks, there's not an issue.

Ooook... this is weird as we might be in agreement and you just dont know it.

In other words, you and every other liberal should just quit yer bitchin' and let Trump do whatever it is he might do then, right (since he or the Republicans arent real Nazi's)?

And I'm being extra fucking polite when I say 'quit yer bitchin' '.