Trump.

July 25, 2018, 8:41 p.m.

white non-college grade, 67% voted for Trump.... pretty much sums it up.

July 25, 2018, 10:06 p.m.

lol on Pompeo taking credit for sanctions on Iran.  Doesn't get much funnier.

So there's a hundred tapes from Cohen.  Will be interesting to see if any more involve Trump and payoffs.

July 26, 2018, 11:25 a.m.

Dear Mr. Schumer and Ms. Pelosi:

First: even if the story were true, it wouldn’t make sense. You’re asking us to believe that Trump’s people met with Putin’s people, not to discuss Trump’s sleazy real estate developments in the former Soviet Union, but to encourage Russian hackers to break into the DNC, steal Hillary’s emails and funnel them to WikiLeaks with a view toward angering enough voters to change the outcome of the election in Trump’s favor.

Trump doesn’t even read one-page memos. Yet we’re being asked to believe that he supervised a ridiculously complex Machiavellian conspiracy? 

WikiLeaks didn’t get the DNC documents from Russia or any other state actor. They got them from a disgruntled pro-Bernie Sanders staffer at the DNC. 

Anyway, the intelligence community — you know, the friendly folks at the CIA, FBI and NSA whom Democrats worship the way Republicans revered firefighters after 9/11 — says whatever Russian hacking occurred did not affect the outcome of the election. 

Then there’s this: Trump didn’t actually want to win. Why would he go to such lengths to steal something he didn’t want? 

Second: everything you accuse Russia and/or Putin of doing is something the U.S. has done or is doing bigger and worse. Russia undermined Ukraine and forcibly annexed Crimea. By current international standards Russia committed a misdemeanor; as The Washington Post noted at the time: “Most people in Crimea wanted to break away from Ukraine and join Russia.” Meanwhile, the U.S. was occupying both Afghanistan and Iraq. Those are felonies: neither the Afghans nor the Iraqis want us around. 

Third: I’m going to use small words here — where’s the evidence of Russian “meddling”? 

In 1962 President John F. Kennedy went on TV to discuss the presence of Soviet missiles in Cuba. Because he needed Americans to trust and believe that the threat he described was real, he displayed aerial surveillance photos of the missiles in his speech to the nation. This meant revealing the existence of spy technology the Soviets weren’t aware of, so it was a difficult decision for him. But providing credible evidence was more important. 

At this writing, the Democrats’ Russia arguments boil down to: 

o Media outlet quotes anonymous congressional official or anonymous intelligence agency employee. 

o Said anonymous source says the intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia meddled in the election. 

o Details of how Russia accomplished said meddling are absent. 

o Details of how effective said meddling was are absent. 

If evidence of said meddling actually exists, Democrats should follow the JFK example and cough it up. In detail. And explain what it means — also in detail. 

Until then, Russia as a political issue will continue to be a dead letter. 

Kisses, 

Ted

July 26, 2018, 3:40 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: chupacabra

Which economy? Trump's base doesn't invest in the NASDAQ and as far as I can tell

49% of those who voted for Trump were college grads and earn over 50 g's a year.

https://verdict.justia.com/2018/02/16/trumps-base-broadly-speaking

That isn't Trump's base though.  From the same article that you posted:

As best I can determine from the available material, and noted in the prior column, the Trump base has shrunk down to about 24 percent of those who voted for him or have spoken approvingly of him to pollsters. As professional Republican pollster Kristen Anderson reported: “It is around one in four [of people polled] who like his tweeting, like the insults,” which seems something of an index to Trump’s mind and actions. This core group appears to be the base on which Trump’s approval ratings are based, as well, and those numbers have been historically low from the outset of his presidency, and they have been trending downward.

July 26, 2018, 3:44 p.m.

Dear Mr. Schumer and Ms. Pelosi...

bla bla bla

Kisses, 

whoever the hell Ted is

Strawmen, lies, and distraction.  Classic pro-Trump tactics.

July 27, 2018, 1:53 a.m.

bla bla bla

Kisses, 

whoever the hell Ted is

You guys need to come up with some new stuff.

July 27, 2018, 1:57 a.m.

Posted by: slider32

Trump is now pulling shit straight out of Orwell's 1984.

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1021811038390509569

"Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening"

Fake news running rampant? In 1997 the SCOTUS ruled the news didnt have to be factual.

July 27, 2018, 10 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

bla bla bla

Kisses, 

whoever the hell Ted is

Sorry, but you are the one that needs new material.

Nobody, even Chuck, and Nancy think Trump approached the Russians for help or that he orchestrated a conspiracy.  He is the useful idiot for the Russians.  This is their plan.  STRAWMAN

The intelligence community has not come out to say the meddling didn't affect the election.  LIES

The US interferes in elections!  DISTRACTION

same ol' same

July 27, 2018, 10:05 a.m.

http://www.dailyyonder.com/fast-takes-rural-voter-myth-wont-go-away/2018/07/24/26667/

July 27, 2018, 1:10 p.m.

Nobody, even Chuck, and Nancy think Trump approached the Russians for help or that he orchestrated a conspiracy.  He is the useful idiot for the Russians.  This is their plan.  STRAWMAN

The intelligence community has not come out to say the meddling didn't affect the election.  LIES

same ol' same

I'll just skip that merry go round and bring up Cohens tapes, which I havent read anything other than there are tapes.

Do you think he'd be alive if he had those and do you think Trump would let him make those tapes because as a Russian asset, Trump most likely would have a different lawyer as the prized Russian asset would have some intel working FOR HIM and Cohen probably would be Novochok'd by now if they had evidence of him going against the Russian master plan. To be clearer, you think the evilist most caniving KGB master ever would let a lawyer fuck it all up?

Your dog dont hunt from my angle.

July 27, 2018, 2:08 p.m.

It's downright lame. Should be taken out behind the barn.

Last edited by: tungsten on July 27, 2018, 2:08 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 30, 2018, 9:06 a.m.

same ol' same

I'll just skip that merry go round and bring up Cohens tapes, which I havent read anything other than there are tapes.

Do you think he'd be alive if he had those and do you think Trump would let him make those tapes because as a Russian asset, Trump most likely would have a different lawyer as the prized Russian asset would have some intel working FOR HIM and Cohen probably would be Novochok'd by now if they had evidence of him going against the Russian master plan. To be clearer, you think the evilist most caniving KGB master ever would let a lawyer fuck it all up?

Your dog dont hunt from my angle.

Well we know Browder still lives, so Putin can't kill everyone.  Besides, the FBI has the tapes and killing Cohen doesn't make that go away and if Putin did kill him, especially if it was done in a very Russian way, like poison, that would be terrible for Trump.  He can't even fire Mueller because he is scared of the backlash.  What happens if witnesses against him start getting wacked?  I am guessing there would be significant political fallout.

July 30, 2018, 9:59 a.m.

Which economy? Trump's base doesn't invest in the NASDAQ and as far as I can tell there has been no improvement in the lives of the rural American worker. If Trump holds strong on his trade war this will only get worse, but even if he doesn't, do you see him pulling off an economic resurgence in rural America? I really don't. The left is energized by their hate of Trump and I don't see that subsiding either, even if the economy stays steady. And none of this is even taking into account what the effect of the investigation will be.  We don't even know what Cohen has on tape, but I am guessing the recent release was intended to give Trump a taste of what he has.

2020 is a long way down the road, but his trajectory is far from ideal.

the unemployment rate is the lowest it's been in quite some time and sits close to 2% points below historical averages.

July 30, 2018, 10:22 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Which economy? Trump's base doesn't invest in the NASDAQ and as far as I can tell there has been no improvement in the lives of the rural American worker. If Trump holds strong on his trade war this will only get worse, but even if he doesn't, do you see him pulling off an economic resurgence in rural America? I really don't. The left is energized by their hate of Trump and I don't see that subsiding either, even if the economy stays steady. And none of this is even taking into account what the effect of the investigation will be.  We don't even know what Cohen has on tape, but I am guessing the recent release was intended to give Trump a taste of what he has.

2020 is a long way down the road, but his trajectory is far from ideal.

the unemployment rate is the lowest it's been in quite some time and sits close to 2% points below historical averages.

As we heard so often during Obama's tenure and especially the 2016 election campaign, those numbers are fake and completely inaccurate.  The real rate is more like ten percent...

July 30, 2018, 10:56 a.m.

Posted by: switch

As we heard so often during Obama's tenure and especially the 2016 election campaign, those numbers are fake and completely inaccurate.  The real rate is more like ten percent...

maybe/probably, but if the population believes it to be true that's all that matters.