Trump.

July 23, 2019, 11:54 a.m.

On the third anniversary of the release by WikiLeaks of the DNC emails, Ray McGovern looks back at how the DNC diverted the damaging contents into a trumped up conspiracy blaming Russia with no evidence at all. 

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/07/22/ray-mcgovern-a-non-hack-that-raised-hillarys-hackles/

July 23, 2019, 12:23 p.m.

From long ago retired McGovern

Independent forensic investigations demonstrated two years ago that the DNC emails were not hacked over the Internet, but had been copied onto an external storage device — probably a thumb drive. 

From the article he sited as evidence (also on CN)

Over the last few weeks, we ran three tests to determine how quickly data could be exfiltrated from the U.S. across the Atlantic to Europe.

–First, we used a 100 megabits-per-second (mbps) line to pull data from a one-gigabyte file to Amsterdam. The peak transfer speed was .8 MBps.

–Second, we used a commercial DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) to send the same one-gigabyte file to a commercial DSL in Amsterdam. The peak transfer speed was 1.8 MBps.

–Third, we pushed the same one-gigabyte file from a data center in New Jersey to a data center in the UK. The peak transfer speed was 12 MBps.

None of these attempts achieve anything close to the average rate of 22.7 megabytes per second evident in the July 5, 2016 download/copy associated with the DNC. In fact, this happens to be the speed typical of a transfer to a USB-2 external storage device. We do not think this pure coincidence; rather, it is additional evidence of a local download.

From the Mueller Report

The hackers used Mimikatz, a hacking tool used once an intruder is already in a target network, to collect credentials, and two other kinds of malware: X-Agent for taking screenshots and logging keystrokes, and X-Tunnel used to exfiltrate massive amounts of data from the network to servers controlled by the GRU. Mueller’s report found that Unit 26165 used several “middle servers” to act as a buffer between the hacked networks and the GRU’s main operations. Those servers, Mueller said, were hosted in Arizona — likely as a way to obfuscate where the attackers were located but also to avoid suspicion or detection.

July 23, 2019, 7:02 p.m.

Whoever wrote that test on the Internet knows nothing about the Internet.  It's garbage like that which keeps people like Hannity in business.

July 23, 2019, 8:30 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Whoever wrote that test on the Internet knows nothing about the Internet. It's garbage like that which keeps people like Hannity in business.

Says the mtn. bike forum Russiaphobe troll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Binney_(intelligence_official)

Perhaps the most damning of the two came last Monday, when it was disclosed that, on July 1, Judge Dabney Friedrich ordered Mueller to stop pretending he had proof that the Russian government was behind the Internet Research Agency’s supposed attempt to interfere via social media in the 2016 election. While the corporate media so far has largely ignored Judge Friedrich’s order, it may well have been enough to cause very cold feet for those attached to the strained Facebook fable. 

Ten days is not a lot of time to conjure up ways to confront and explain Judge Friedrich’s injection of some unwelcome reality. Since the Democrats, the media, and Mueller himself all have strong incentive to “make the worst case appear the better” (one of the twin charges against Socrates), they need time to regroup and circle the wagons. The more so, since Mueller’s other twin charge — Russian hacking of the DNC — also has been shown, in a separate Court case, to be bereft of credible evidence.

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/07/16/ray-mcgovern-sic-transit-gloria-mueller/

Last edited by: tungsten on July 23, 2019, 8:36 p.m., edited 5 times in total.
July 24, 2019, 9:12 a.m.

Moving on hey Tungsten?  Nothing to see here, other than American servers that blow the terrible analysis and "proof" that the DNC files were stolen on a thumb drive out of some very shallow water (speeds vary by the way and the 22.7 MBps not the speed of a USB2 drive).  I am sure your "news" sources will keep this part of the Mueller report because they built their case on a pillar of sand.

Now, what about Judge Dabney Friedrich.  Did she "order Mueller to stop pretending he had proof that the Russian government was behind the Internet Research Agency’s supposed attempt to interfere via social media in the 2016 election."?  No... what a surprise.  She ordered Mueller AND BARR to refrain from making statements about the IRA being directed by Russia while the case against Concord Management (run by Prigozhin, or Putin's chef) is before the court.  

Mueller didn't release his evidence, he released a report based on the evidence, and from what we do know if you actually think that the IRA was just a jolly gang of rogue hackers and that Putin's Chef is just freelancing a little election meddling on his own time you are only fooling yourself.

July 24, 2019, 11:41 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Moving on hey Tungsten?  Nothing to see here, other than American servers that blow the terrible analysis and "proof" that the DNC files were stolen on a thumb drive out of some very shallow water (speeds vary by the way and the 22.7 MBps not the speed of a USB2 drive).  I am sure your "news" sources will keep this part of the Mueller report because they built their case on a pillar of sand.

Now, what about Judge Dabney Friedrich.  Did she "order Mueller to stop pretending he had proof that the Russian government was behind the Internet Research Agency’s supposed attempt to interfere via social media in the 2016 election."?  No... what a surprise.  She ordered Mueller AND BARR to refrain from making statements about the IRA being directed by Russia while the case against Concord Management (run by Prigozhin, or Putin's chef) is before the court.  

Mueller didn't release his evidence, he released a report based on the evidence, and from what we do know if you actually think that the IRA was just a jolly gang of rogue hackers and that Putin's Chef is just freelancing a little election meddling on his own time you are only fooling yourself.

Want to know whats even funnier?

The FBI never actually examined the DNC's servers. Under Comey, they trusted Crowdstrike (or source?) report. Probably could've saved a bunch of time and cleared the water if the FBI did their effin' job. Also, Barr's been appointed less than a year so I'm not sure where or how he fits into your statement.

July 24, 2019, 12:32 p.m.

Trump's Stupid ‘Where Is the DNC Server?’ Conspiracy Theory, Explained

The FBI did their job, the problem is that too many people that do not have much of a clue how a computers work, much less a network are weighing in on what should have been done.

The bit about Barr was in reference to the link Tungsten posted.

July 24, 2019, 12:35 p.m.

The FBI did their job, the problem is that too many people that do not have much of a clue how a computers work, much less a network are weighing in on what should have been done.

I've read for years now that the FBI never took possession of the DNC server and it wasnt from Trump. Not reading a vice article on that.

July 24, 2019, 1:23 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I've read for years now that the FBI never took possession of the DNC server and it wasnt from Trump. Not reading a vice article on that.

They didn't take possession of the server, but if you want to explain why they needed it to investigate how it was hacked please feel free to enlighten us all.  I took computing science in college so don't be shy if it gets technical.

July 24, 2019, 1:25 p.m.

They didn't take possession of the server, but if you want to explain why they needed it to investigate how it was hacked please feel free to enlighten us all.  I took computing science in college so don't be shy if it gets technical.

How important is the server to the narrative?

July 24, 2019, 4:07 p.m.

A computing science degree is no match for weed smoking conspiracy theorists.   Might add well take on FEs.

July 24, 2019, 4:30 p.m.

How important is the server to the narrative?

To Trump's narrative?  Very important.  He must have consulted Baron.

July 24, 2019, 4:32 p.m.

Posted by: switch

A computing science degree is no match for weed smoking conspiracy theorists.   Might add well take on FEs.

LMAO.  Don't blame the weed man, it is in the DNA.  I just have to roll with it I think and start my own "news" site.  The Underground Times or something like that.

July 24, 2019, 4:55 p.m.

Cool link. I followed another one from the one you provided and particularly liked this bit

"Many of Mrs. Clinton’s closest aides believe that the Russian assault had a profound impact on the election, while conceding that other factors — Mrs. Clinton’s weaknesses as a candidate — were also important."

;)

Last edited by: syncro on July 24, 2019, 4:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 25, 2019, 8:33 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Cool link. I followed another one from the one you provided and particularly liked this bit

"Many of Mrs. Clinton’s closest aides believe that the Russian assault had a profound impact on the election, while conceding that other factors — Mrs. Clinton’s weaknesses as a candidate — were also important."

;)

LMAO.  Just so we are clear, I agree with that statement.