Trump.

Aug. 21, 2018, 11:45 p.m.

Nice little bombshell Cohen dropped today.

Aug. 22, 2018, 10:46 a.m.

Yesterday was one hell of a day for Team Trump.  Witch season on open and hunting is gooooood!  Trump has been so focused on Mueller that Avenatti was able to sneak in the first blow.

Aug. 22, 2018, 11:53 a.m.

The US press just wet themselves with the Cohen news.

Now it's going to get real interesting.

Imagine Orange Baboon in prison?

Aug. 22, 2018, 2:51 p.m.

Not while he's prez.

Aug. 22, 2018, 4:02 p.m.

I think the order goes impeachment, removal, prosecution then imprisonment.  If that were to happen.  So no, you won't see a sitting president in an orange jumpsuit.  Probably wouldn't see a former one wearing one either, but I would not be surprised if he manages to break the mold in that regard as well.

Should be the most dramatic mid-terms in a long, long time.

Aug. 23, 2018, 8:17 a.m.

Better that he stay as prez for the full term, as long as midterms hand control of congress and senate to the Democrats.  That way, he becomes a lame duck prez.  The alternative would be impeachment, which would lead to Pence becoming prez.  That would mean far fewer entertaining tweets, and major social setbacks for US as they retreat into christian conservatism.

Aug. 23, 2018, 10:29 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

Better that he stay as prez for the full term, as long as midterms hand control of congress and senate to the Democrats.  That way, he becomes a lame duck prez.  The alternative would be impeachment, which would lead to Pence becoming prez.  That would mean far fewer entertaining tweets, and major social setbacks for US as they retreat into christian conservatism.

If the Dems win the Congress, which it looks like they will, they will start the impeachment process and even if they also win enough of the Senate to ultimately impeach him, which is far less likely, it would still take most of the second half of his term to go through the process.  I don't see Pence having much time as POTUS and if he does he will be against a highly motivated and pissed off Dem majority in the house.  Gotta be hopeful.  :)

Aug. 23, 2018, 1:15 p.m.

Problem with impeachment is there's not enough popcorn in the world to keep us fed during the inevitable tweet storm and manic breakdown that would befall Trump.

Aug. 23, 2018, 3:20 p.m.

The alternative would be impeachment, which would lead to Pence becoming prez.  That would mean ........

https://progressive.org/dispatches/impeach-away-thoughts-on-a-possible-president-pence-180822/

Aug. 23, 2018, 3:44 p.m.

I don't think there is much question whether  Trump did something impeachable its can Mueller make anything stick and with all the stuff that has to happen to get rid of him I don't think there is any question Trump will complete his term

Aug. 23, 2018, 8:34 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

In your view, Trump makes up what percentage of "America"?

40%. https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/08/22/trumps-global-impact-and-what-russia-could-do/

And they all gun owners oughta make a nice shooting war I reckon. Cull the herd.

Last edited by: tungsten on Aug. 23, 2018, 8:35 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 24, 2018, 2:50 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

If the Dems win the Congress, which it looks like they will, they will start the impeachment process and even if they also win enough of the Senate to ultimately impeach him, which is far less likely, it would still take most of the second half of his term to go through the process.  I don't see Pence having much time as POTUS and if he does he will be against a highly motivated and pissed off Dem majority in the house.  Gotta be hopeful.  :)

Oh yea, its the hopeful Never Trumpin' Democratic Party relying on sleazy lawyers, dried up pron stars and shit that so far, has little or nothing to do with Russia.

Leave it to the liberal left to think they're on target with this. But I get it, anyone but Trump at any cost.

Aug. 24, 2018, 2:55 p.m.

So, Paul Manafort, described by the New York Times as “a longtime lobbyist and political consultant who worked for multiple Republican candidates and presidents,” was convicted of bank fraud, tax fraud and failure to report a foreign bank account. And Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer, pled guilty to tax evasion, bank fraud (making false statements to obtain loans), and breaking campaign finance laws by paying off two women who claimed to have had sexual affairs with Trump. Because Cohen says those payoffs were made at Trump’s direction, that is the one charge that directly implicates Trump.

On the basis of the these results, the NYT editorial board insists: “Only a complete fantasist … could continue to claim that this investigation of foreign subversion of an American election, which has already yielded dozens of other indictments and several guilty pleas, is a ‘hoax’ or ‘scam’ or ‘rigged witch hunt.’” Democrats concur, saying the results “put the lie to Mr. Trump’s argument that Mr. Mueller was engaged in a political investigation.” 

But these crimes are tax fraud, money laundering, and credit app padding that have nothing to do with Donald Trump, and campaign-finance violations related to what a critic of Trump aptly describes as “a classic B-team type of bumbling screw-up of covering up mistresses.” I question the level of word play, if not fantasizing, necessary to claim that these crimes validate “this investigation of foreign subversion.” None of them has anything to do with that. The perils of this, that, these, and those. 

Do these results disprove that the Mueller probe is “a political investigation”? I think they imply quite the opposite, and quite obviously so........

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/08/24/be-careful-what-you-ask-for-wasting-time-with-manafort-cohen-and-russiagate/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 27, 2018, 9:21 a.m.

LMAO.  Your people at CP are really grasping now.  Are you seriously trying to tell us that because Manafort is now guilty of financial crimes the investigation is political.  That doesn't make any sense and completely ignores that Manafort has another trial related to his foreign lobbying still to come.  And all of this is on record time.  And how does this have nothing to do with Donald Trump?  Manafort was his hand-picked campaign manager, a close friend and lived in Trump Tower for a decade.

Only your people are setting the bar for the investigation at "A photo of Trump taking a sack with a dollar sign from a smiling Putin".  The Republicans have had the run of the place for years and have launched countless investigations against Dems and the Clintons, but they came up empty.  This investigation is finding crimes under every rock.  Time to wake up and admit you were wrong.  CP is only going to become more irrelevant as their predictions keep failing.  For the record, this is my prediction from January.

As for Trump, he is a gift for anyone hoping for his ouster. He never wanted to win and didn't prepare himself for the level of scrutiny he would come under as POTUS. Once the investigation started everyone knew it would lead to his skeletons. Personally, I don't think he knowingly worked with the Russians, but I think it is obvious the Russians saw him and his people as an easy target. It is also painfully obvious that Putin would pick POTUS Trump over HRC any day of the week. What this investigation will reveal IMO, are his financial crimes, but will ultimately get him off the hook on collision. His staff and family may not be so lucky.

Aug. 27, 2018, 7:48 p.m.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/cohens-lawyer-walks-back-claim-trump-knew-of-russia-meeting/