Trump.

Nov. 16, 2020, 5:57 p.m.

C’mon guys, The Trump thread is the thread that keeps on giving. Please don’t kill it.

Nov. 16, 2020, 7:15 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: tungsten

Globalism also prevents wide scale armed conflict between nations by tying our economies together

That's working so well..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts

this thread should die with his presidency.

On Jan.20/21?

Was it better before globalization?

I'd say the same. Especially if you factor in concurrent sanctions/famine/displacement. Except post Vietnam much of it is attempted to be hidden from media unless rah-rah ride alongs.

Is why Assange/Snowden are heros.

Last edited by: tungsten on Nov. 16, 2020, 7:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 17, 2020, 8:49 a.m.

Globalism also prevents wide scale armed conflict between nations by tying our economies together

That's working so well..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts

this thread should die with his presidency.

On Jan.20/21?

Was it better before globalization?

I'd say the same. Especially if you factor in concurrent sanctions/famine/displacement. Except post Vietnam much of it is attempted to be hidden from media unless rah-rah ride alongs.

Is why Assange/Snowden are heros.

For the sake of consistency, I think you meant to say Manning/Snowden.  :)

Anyway, if we consider how much globalization has increased since WW2 it is pretty hard to make the case that armed conflicts have increased.  I think the problem of environmental degradation from globalization is a very real issue but there are also a lot of obvious advantages to having the world work together.  Food for example is much easier to manage when countries with the best growing conditions can feed other areas.  At the end of the day borders are just imaginary lines and ultimately we need to come together globally on climate change to have any chance of a future.  People will always take advantage of groups that can't defend themselves.  We can't rely on a system that will shield us from greed, we have to make it happen constantly.  Isn't that why we all spend so much time debating politics.

Nov. 17, 2020, 4:29 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Who is in favour of deleting this toxic thread on January 20th? We can start a new one since we all know the bad orange man will never leave us alone, but this thread should die with his presidency.

I suggested it die on Nov 4. It could die now and we'd all be better off. Maybe we can submit a petition to the mods to have it permanently locked?

I say we take off an nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.....

Nov. 17, 2020, 6:22 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Posted by: RAHrider

Who is in favour of deleting this toxic thread on January 20th? We can start a new one since we all know the bad orange man will never leave us alone, but this thread should die with his presidency.

I suggested it die on Nov 4. It could die now and we'd all be better off. Maybe we can submit a petition to the mods to have it permanently locked?

I say we take off an nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.....

Nov. 17, 2020, 9:25 p.m.

🥳

Nov. 19, 2020, 11:38 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

🥳

What? Like there wont be a Trump 2020 thread.

:P

Nov. 20, 2020, 1:35 a.m.

Giuliani's meltdown today, both mentally and physically, was hilarious.  Wicked witch of the west type of stuff.

Nov. 20, 2020, 1:41 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

🥳

Don’t you mean Trump 2024?

Nov. 20, 2020, 2:17 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Giuliani's meltdown today, both mentally and physically, was hilarious.  Wicked witch of the west type of stuff.

Nov. 20, 2020, 6:32 p.m.

Anybody watched "The Plot Against The President" on Amazon yet?

Nov. 21, 2020, 3:12 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

🥳

Don’t you mean Trump 2024?

I donut.

Nov. 24, 2020, 11:40 p.m.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/11/25/trump-scheduled-to-meet-devil-at-manhattan-crossroads/

Nov. 25, 2020, 9:44 a.m.

OK, that was pretty funny.  Well played CP.

I can't help but notice that Trump's next play seems to be using the threat of taking his loyalists away from the GOP to keep people like Graham in line once out of office.  Roger Stone was telling supporters to write in Trump's name in the Georgia senate election and now is taking that back, but it sure seems like a shot across the bow.  I don't see why it wouldn't work.  His followers would do anything he tells them and he could sink almost any election if he wants just by getting his base to skip the election or write in his name.  He could also go independent and become a thorn in the side of the GOP until he dies or goes to jail (either could be imminent though).  

Thoughts?  Shogun, what is the brain trust at 4chan think?

Nov. 25, 2020, 1:18 p.m.

https://theintercept.com/2020/11/24/trump-republican-boycott-georgia-senate-runoffs/

============

the national security state spent four years undermining a duly elected POTUS. Irrespective of your political leanings this behaviour isn't exactly condusive to democracy

==============

Give me a break. 

Jump to 22:00...

https://youtu.be/GmZhz-0Ds2Y

Last edited by: tungsten on Nov. 26, 2020, 12:02 a.m., edited 3 times in total.