Trump.

April 7, 2020, 11:05 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: switch

Obama appointed someone to the NSC whose job was to deal with this exact scenario.  Trump, on his "kill everything Obama", canned the position.  Regardless, Trump was briefed numerous times in the last few months about the dangers of COVID and chose to ignore the intelligence.

By appointed do you mean like a Czar or more like a fall guy? Perhaps you can find me an article that says Trump killed this himself or if he appointed someone to slash stuff and this is a result of it.

What difference does it make whether Trump appointed someone or did it himself. If he is truly a leader it’s still his fault.

Because then you can only blame the Trump admin and not Trump. Or vice versa which would make a huge difference.

April 7, 2020, 11:14 a.m.

There's no vice-versa.  Trump picked his administration.

April 7, 2020, 11:18 a.m.

Ah ok so convservative's can actually blame Obama for everything, just like everyone blamed GWB for everything right?

April 7, 2020, 11:31 a.m.

Ah ok so convservative's can actually blame Obama for everything, just like everyone blamed GWB for everything right?

April 7, 2020, 1:26 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Was actually waiting for that.

Too bad NO ONE IS LIVING IN A TIME LIKE THAT ANYMORE /chris farley

April 7, 2020, 1:38 p.m.

Too bad NO ONE IS LIVING IN A TIME LIKE THAT ANYMORE /chris farley

RIP - The Buck (1945-2017)

April 8, 2020, 12:25 p.m.

So it's Joe versus the volcano.  Going to be one hell of a shitstorm.

April 8, 2020, 1:50 p.m.

So it's Joe versus the volcano. Going to be one hell of a shitstorm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKmnd6YF3mE

Last edited by: chupacabra on April 8, 2020, 1:51 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
April 8, 2020, 4:28 p.m.

Trump gets his second term.  It's obvious at this point both parties are keen to keep the status-quo.

A lot of American's are going to die.  Orders of magnitude will die if the senate doesn't flip.

As for us... Kenney is wholly on board for following this approach.  Interestingly, Ford has changed tack... will it stick once this pandemic is over?  The rest of our provincial administrations and our feds have seemingly had our best interests at heart.  Hopefully we can all finally agree that the USA is George Costanza and we should pretty much do the opposite of everything they do.

April 8, 2020, 6:27 p.m.

I actually think Ford has a conscience.

April 8, 2020, 6:47 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

I actually think Ford has a conscience.

I'm gonna cage my bet and say he has the makings of a conscience.  Time will tell.

April 8, 2020, 9:55 p.m.

In a year, he'll be back to slashing and slicing.

And patronage appointments.

April 9, 2020, 9:33 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Trump gets his second term.  It's obvious at this point both parties are keen to keep the status-quo.

A lot of American's are going to die.  Orders of magnitude will die if the senate doesn't flip.

As for us... Kenney is wholly on board for following this approach.  Interestingly, Ford has changed tack... will it stick once this pandemic is over?  The rest of our provincial administrations and our feds have seemingly had our best interests at heart.  Hopefully we can all finally agree that the USA is George Costanza and we should pretty much do the opposite of everything they do.

I don't think that is very likely without a more concerted effort to steal the election, but things could change.  This election will be Trump enthusiasm vs Trump hate.

April 9, 2020, 2:46 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

I keep reading about US hospitals furloughing and laying off HCW's/nurses. I also keep reading that they've re-run the projections and way less people die. Turn off the news for a day or three.

April 9, 2020, 2:47 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I don't think that is very likely without a more concerted effort to steal the election, but things could change.  This election will be Trump enthusiasm vs Trump hate.

Ya you have to watch out for the Dem's eh ;)