Trump.

Jan. 21, 2020, 4:51 p.m.

Is that Larry David?

Jan. 23, 2020, 11:07 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

Now that you guys keep going on about Russia and Ukraine, I'm getting header ads for "beautiful Odessa women who want serious relationships".  Now I have to go ahead and figure out which Russian/Ukrainian bride suits me best.

Sure KenN.  I totally believe you, but maybe move this super believable story to the conspiracy thread... just in case.  ;)

Jan. 23, 2020, 11:09 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: syncro

. I'm more surprised that Maddow is still on the air considering her failure in busting Trump a few years back and her meltdowns on air over the whole thing.

An example of how shameless the deep state is. She's a supple and articulate liar for that sector of the liberal (so called) left they're grooming.

If only she had the journalistic standards of www.hystericalcommunistputinreacharound.com we could all be as informed as you.

EDIT:

For what it is worth, I like Maddow. I am not a regular viewer, but she does some good in-depth analysis. I also watch Fareed Zakaria on CNN because I find he gets good guests that usually know what is up globally. Both of them are very smart and their shows are well researched, although they are quite different. I know MSNBC and CNN are corporate media yada yada, but it is up to the viewer to check if what they are saying adds up, and it generally does. If they have said something that was proven to be wrong or biased that doesn't change to the overall quality of their work. Of course, in Rachel's case, she is also very wary of Russian propaganda and interference like me, so it is my echo chamber, but I do a lot of fact-checking and I search for alternate opinions all the time, including Tungsten's links. I would say far more than most, and I have never seen anything that sways me away from the big picture fact that Russia (Putin) is a weak player financially that desperately wants to be a superpower. The type of meddling that they are accused of is exactly what they should do with a small budget and is totally in line with" their history. If America is your enemy why wouldn't you use their weak underbelly of ignorance, social media addiction and "for sale" politicians against them? It's like taking candy from a baby. It would be naive to think that Maria Butina was a one-off. For pennies on the dollar compared to the brute force style of interference America plays, Russia can fuck with America using the internet and powerful user groups like the NRA. So yes, they are under every rock because that is where they do their best work.

China is a different character altogether. They are a legit superpower and have the cash to do what they want. They also have no real interest in tearing down the West. They have built their fortunes in the Western markets and continue to do so. They are far more likely to steal industry secrets or exert their power overtly through business and by broadening their economic ties in places the West has ignored.

Last edited by: chupacabra on Jan. 23, 2020, 11:58 a.m., edited 3 times in total.
Jan. 23, 2020, 12:43 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Russia (Putin) is a weak player financially that desperately wants to be a superpower. 

Russia rules! 

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/01/17/hyper-over-russian-hypersonics/

You better learn to grovel Russkie chup, they you new masters.

Obtw, re: Bidens.....this one only 40 mins....

I wish someone would do a similar expose of Canadian participation in the US/NATO Ukraine project, which is massive. Over a billion dollars in assistance has been spent. Canada has supported anti-Russian initiatives there from the beginning and is currently training Ukrainian troops, providing intelligence and weapons. Canadian Ukrainian policy is largely shared by all parliamentary parties and takes its marching orders from the large and powerful Ukrainian ultranationalist lobby, which includes the deputy prime minister Chrystia Freeland. The head of the World Ukrainian Congress is a Canadian Paul Grod, who once advocated for Canada to recognize veterans of the SS Galizien, which were brought to Canada after WWII.

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/01/20/part-two-of-ukrainegate-inconvenient-facts/

Jan. 23, 2020, 1:18 p.m.

They have both been after hypersonic missiles forever, but as your article clearly states the race for hypersonic is just a money pit for any country going after the tech.  Sure, there is a chance some countries could develop a decent system to protect them from ICBMs, but it doesn't exist and there is no sign it will in the near future.  All hypersonic does is take away that hope, but mutually assured destruction still rules the day either way.  So if this is why you are sucking up to Putin there is really no need.  :)

And I am not watching a 40-minute video.  Cliff notes!  I did click the link though and your quote is from some rando in the comments below the video.  Have some standards man.  Is there really a powerful ultranationalist Ukrainian lobby?  Or is that just a way of making a Ukrainian lobby group sound more terrifying?

Jan. 23, 2020, 8:15 p.m.

Teh Ukie lobby is powerful because Canada is weakling.

#NEW New Hampshire @WBUR Poll
(Change since December)
Sanders: 29% (+14)
Buttigieg 17% (-1)
Biden 14% (-3)
Warren 13% (+1)
Klobuchar 6% (+3)
Yang 5% (-)
Gabbard 5% (-)
Steyer 2% (-1)http://www.wbur.org/news/2020/01/23/new-hampshire-bernie-sanders-lead-january
6:26 AM - Jan 23, 2020

Last edited by: tungsten on Jan. 23, 2020, 8:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 24, 2020, 9:03 a.m.

Canada GDP - 1.7 trillion USD

Ukraine GDP - 131 billion USD

Jan. 24, 2020, 9:47 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Canada GDP - 1.7 trillion USD

Ukraine GDP - 131 billion USD

Putin - 200 billion USD

Jan. 24, 2020, 3:20 p.m.

You’re right, Putin does have way less than both Ukraine and Canada. 

GDP is annual, net worth is accumulated.

Jan. 24, 2020, 3:26 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Check mate atheists!

Jan. 24, 2020, 7:05 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Check mate atheists!

Seriously though, are you being intentionally obtuse or do you paint-eatingly believe the richest man in the world has no impact on world politics, especially when it relates to HIS border?

Jan. 24, 2020, 8:04 p.m.

We're only here because the Russkies beat teh Nazis.

You ingrates.

Jan. 24, 2020, 8:25 p.m.

We're only here because the Russkies beat teh Nazis.

You ingrates.

My cats breath smells like catfood.

Jan. 24, 2020, 9:20 p.m.

Check mate atheists!

Seriously though, are you being intentionally obtuse or do you paint-eatingly believe the richest man in the world has no impact on world politics, especially when it relates to HIS border?

You want to have a conversation with me, drop the insults. Until then, take your stupid assumptions and fuck off.

Jan. 24, 2020, 9:23 p.m.

Check mate atheists!

You want to have a conversation with me, drop the insults. Until then, take your stupid assumptions and fuck off.

Says the person assuming my intent.  Have another gallon.