Trudeau

Sept. 25, 2021, 4:07 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Maybe you weren’t paying attention for the last 30 years but sucking up to China has been Canadian policy for a while, irrespective of which government is in power.

^^^^

Sept. 25, 2021, 4:08 p.m.

Stop voting for the CPC or LPC you dumbasses.

It’s really that easy.

Sept. 26, 2021, 7:30 a.m.

It wouldn’t make a difference, the only reasonable thing for a government to do with a trading partner as powerful as China IS to kiss their ass.

Sept. 26, 2021, 9:48 a.m.

at this point I imagine western powers are looking at sanctions they could apply as a group

Sept. 26, 2021, 1:27 p.m.

It wouldn’t make a difference, the only reasonable thing for a government to do with a trading partner as powerful as China IS to kiss their ass.

I get your fatalism, but nah, it could be better.

China can't use their military might on us in the slightest.  Our provincial Liberals and our federal incumbent parties have personally profited and will continue to do so as it's in their sociopathic best-interests.

Sept. 26, 2021, 2:43 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

China can't use their military might on us in the slightest.  Our provincial Liberals and our federal incumbent parties have personally profited and will continue to do so as it's in their sociopathic best-interests.

It wouldn't take them using their military might. Our economy would pretty much collapse overnight if China decided to cut us off from trade, so we have little choice in how we deal with them. We need them more than they need us. Of course the irony is that the West created that situation.

Sept. 26, 2021, 4 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: ReductiMat

It wouldn't take them using their military might. Our economy would pretty much collapse overnight if China decided to cut us off from trade, so we have little choice in how we deal with them. We need them more than they need us. Of course the irony is that the West created that situation.

And the rest of the G7 would step in and take up the slack.

There's zero fucking chance that will ever happen.  Just expect more Canadian's being randomly  thrown in jail and nothing else.

Sept. 26, 2021, 7:20 p.m.

what if they are not Canadians next time ?

Sept. 26, 2021, 7:59 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

what if they are not Canadians next time ?

At this pace, China might overtake the US in throwing innocents in jail soon.

Sept. 27, 2021, 10:36 a.m.

I don’t think China needs to overtake they’re already there. Perhaps I’m wrong but I doubt it. Considering the Ulgers.

Sept. 27, 2021, 7:05 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

I don’t think China needs to overtake they’re already there. Perhaps I’m wrong but I doubt it. Considering the Ulgers.

I think I've probably pissed off more people here with my defense of the Uighur than my other strong takes.

With that said, I still think the USA with their for-profit prisons win.

Sept. 28, 2021, 5:59 p.m.

Sept. 30, 2021, 7:54 p.m.

Generations to come will be paying for his covid handouts. He made it way to easy for people to collect the benefits who did not need them & should have went back to work. It's commonplace to expect incompetence from him.

Sept. 30, 2021, 8:16 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Generations to come will be paying for his covid handouts. He made it way to easy for people to collect the benefits who did not need them & should have went back to work. It's commonplace to expect incompetence from him.

Plenty of reasons to dislike Trudeau, but this is such a lazy and disingenuous take on how Canada responded to covid.

Oct. 1, 2021, 7:09 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

The handouts allowed me to keep my long term staff working through the worst parts of the lockdowns. 

Without both CERB and the wage subsidy I would have closed my doors, fired close to a dozen long-term staff, and have had to fight my creditors in court and battle back into the market. 

Do you do any hiring or manage staff in your job?