Trudeau

Aug. 13, 2021, 11:54 a.m.

Your green must be different than my green, I know a  green campaign worker who did the work on principle but then couldn't bring them self to actualy  vote for the candidate

when i quizzed the local mayor do you spend money or save it at the peril of letting the infrastructure crumble she said " well yeah thats what we do ... spend your money "

Last edited by: XXX_er on Aug. 13, 2021, 11:55 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 13, 2021, 12:04 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Your green must be different than my green, I know a green campaign worker who did the work on principle but then couldn't bring them self to actualy vote for the candidate

when i quizzed the local mayor do you spend money or save it at the peril of letting the infrastructure crumble she said " well yeah thats what we do ... spend your money "

Tally up the 2021 BC wildfire costs. Then divide that by the population of BC. That’s your tax savings in a nutshell.

That bill is going up.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Aug. 13, 2021, 12:04 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 13, 2021, 12:21 p.m.

I was talking to the mayor about real time  costs running the town as she was asking for my vote and to put up a lawn sign althot they do have strategic planning for environment yada yada

don't the federal greens have a major leadership and funding crisis ?

who is your green Candidate BTW ?

Last edited by: XXX_er on Aug. 13, 2021, 12:28 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 13, 2021, 12:34 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Posted by: chupacabra

Partially, but I don't think that many people vote strategically. I think there is a lot of "the devil you know" going on as well that keeps the Greens down and the NDP from forming a government. I only do it when I feel I need to keep the Conservatives out of power. The last few elections I have voted Green and they do pretty well in my riding.

The "taxes up = bad" thing that a lot of old timers fall into drives me crazy. I just want value.

Maybe less so strategic voting then, but under FPTP I've spoken to plenty of people that tell me that voting green is just throwing the vote away. I'd be very curious to see the percentage swings were we under a PR system. I suspect this is why Trudeau about-faced on that promise.

We've been borrowing against the future for a hundred plus years. We can either pay the bill in taxes, or in the destructive force of nature. I'd rather my taxes go up.

Without FPTP the Liberals would suffer for sure.  FPTP is only good for the parties that people believe represent each side and it tends to force voters to think that way so it entrenches the Liberals and Conservatives as our 2 natural ruling parties.  The old school Liberals let Trudeau be an idealist during the election so they could ride his coat tails back into power from disgrace then neutered him once he was in office.

Aug. 13, 2021, 12:36 p.m.

Christopher Hakes.

Green leadership is a shitshow from what I’ve read.  That’s cheap to fix compared with 6BN for a pipeline.

Aug. 13, 2021, 12:56 p.m.

Christopher Hakes.

Green leadership is a shitshow from what I’ve read. That’s cheap to fix compared with 6BN for a pipeline.

well if they continue fighting amongst themselves/spending money on lawyers they will have NO money for anything in the short term

I've actualy known/know a number of green candidates socially

Last edited by: XXX_er on Aug. 13, 2021, 1:12 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Aug. 13, 2021, 1 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Christopher Hakes.

Green leadership is a shitshow from what I’ve read.  That’s cheap to fix compared with 6BN for a pipeline.

well if they continue fighting amongst themselves/spending money on lawyers they will have NO money for anything in the short term

I'm under no illusion that they will form government.  See my earlier comments re: FPTP.

Aug. 13, 2021, 1:12 p.m.

The old school Liberals let Trudeau be an idealist during the election so they could ride his coat tails back into power from disgrace then neutered him once he was in office.

Since your pm I've been thinking I should give you a break, but hot damn that is a really dumb thing to say. Trudeau is a pompous, arrogant fraud who uses his "charm" on the weak to get what he wants - power. His history is littered with taking advantage of people and being all about image - his. You think Trump was a narcissist? Trudeau sets the standard for how it's done. He may genuinely believe in promoting women and women's rights, but he only does it because it serves his ego. When push comes to shove he's a misogynistic fraud. Everything he does is about serving his own needs.

badonkadonk

Aug. 13, 2021, 1:36 p.m.

Ouch, that's going to leave a mark. While I'm not a fan of bro's posts his points about Trudeau are pretty accurate there imo. Sorry bra.

Aug. 13, 2021, 2:09 p.m.

oh, and pm replied to

Aug. 13, 2021, 10:25 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabro

The old school Liberals let Trudeau be an idealist during the election so they could ride his coat tails back into power from disgrace then neutered him once he was in office.

Since your pm I've been thinking I should give you a break, but hot damn that is a really dumb thing to say. Trudeau is a pompous, arrogant fraud who uses his "charm" on the weak to get what he wants - power. His history is littered with taking advantage of people and being all about image - his. You think Trump was a narcissist? Trudeau sets the standard for how it's done. He may genuinely believe in promoting women and women's rights, but he only does it because it serves his ego. When push comes to shove he's a misogynistic fraud. Everything he does is about serving his own needs.

badonkadonk

This is such a shit take. The leaders of our two political parties feast on the stupidity you exude.

Stop licking boots.

Aug. 13, 2021, 11:43 p.m.

I once read somewhere one of Canadas brighter lights referring to Trudeau as an "empty vessel".  Someone else said the same thing about Bush the younger back when he was breaking the china. lol...

Aug. 14, 2021, 1:30 a.m.

One thing we can be certain of is our two media companies will be pushing the narrative that things are a lot closer between the Liberals and Conservatives.

Aug. 14, 2021, 8:51 a.m.

just slightly left or right of center will get you into power the whacko nutjobs in the conservative party  are likely too far right to form a government

Peter mackay was quoted more or less that the social conservative values were a stinking albatross the Cons need to rid themelves of, 

which kind of means he is smart enough to lead the cons which is why he is not leading them

Aug. 14, 2021, 9:24 a.m.

Holy fresh hell, it's almost like they're trying to destroy their party.

https://twitter.com/CPC_HQ/status/1426242355422765056