Trudeau

Dec. 16, 2020, 10:24 a.m.

From 2018 Globe and Mail

Under the Trudeau government, Canada’s official development aid has declined to 0.26 per cent of gross national income, compared with 0.31 per cent in 2012 under the Harper government, the OECD report said. Aid spending as a share of national income was reduced even though Canada was enjoying “robust economic growth,” it said. Canada’s new aid level is far below the internationally agreed target of 0.7 per cent, but it is also below the average aid levels of all donor countries in the OECD development committee, the report said. The average among those countries is 0.32 per cent of gross national income, and five of its donor countries have reached the target of 0.7 per cent.

Dec. 16, 2020, 10:25 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_development_aid_country_donors#:~:text=The%20United%20States%20continued%20to,France%20(USD%2012.2%20billion).

Out of all the development aid donor countries we're actually pretty low on the list as far as percentage of gdp donated goes. It's barely 120 dollars per Canadian per year.

I don't understand where this scarcity panic comes from. We're a 1st world country. We should do and have nice things and be proud of it.

LOL.  Beat me to it.  It's only bad because Trudeau is in charge.

Dec. 16, 2020, 11:33 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: Fast-Orange

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_development_aid_country_donors#:~:text=The%20United%20States%20continued%20to,France%20(USD%2012.2%20billion).

Out of all the development aid donor countries we're actually pretty low on the list as far as percentage of gdp donated goes. It's barely 120 dollars per Canadian per year.

I don't understand where this scarcity panic comes from. We're a 1st world country. We should do and have nice things and be proud of it.

LOL.  Beat me to it.  It's only bad because Trudeau is in charge.

The funniest part is if I agreed with Stuminator and said ok  let's keep that money and give it to poor homeless veteran Canadians right now he would say "fuck no that's communism"

Dec. 16, 2020, 11:39 a.m.

I doubt it, Stu's a pretty reasonable guy.

Dec. 16, 2020, 7:25 p.m.

I have no issues helping out veterans of the Canadian forces.

Dec. 17, 2020, 8:48 a.m.

I understand where you are coming from Stu, but I think that foreign aid is a responsibility of the wealthy nations and it is generally only used to criticize the left.  I wouldn't have guessed that foreign aid actually dropped under Trudeau.

Dec. 17, 2020, 6:43 p.m.

I'd like to see us be more on the protectionist side. Take care of ourselves first, because if we are not strong, we cannot help others.

Jan. 21, 2021, 6:26 p.m.

So...turns out Truedick & his wife have been separated for 10 months now. I guess she can't stand his lying either. Good job of the left wing media keeping this quiet.

It also has come out that she contracted covid from Idris Elba. Was a hug at a charity event all that took place between the 2 of them?

Jan. 21, 2021, 10:11 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

I'd like to see us be more on the protectionist side. Take care of ourselves first, because if we are not strong, we cannot help others.

Careful, thats borderline nationalism! You best not be thinking like that.

Jan. 22, 2021, 6:20 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Better off to give it away to 3rd world countries who will just waste it thru corruption?

Jan. 22, 2021, 8:14 p.m.

So...turns out Truedick & his wife have been separated for 10 months now. I guess she can't stand his lying either. Good job of the left wing media keeping this quiet.

It also has come out that she contracted covid from Idris Elba. Was a hug at a charity event all that took place between the 2 of them?

that makes him Canada's most eligable non hooked up male but how many people reading this have been divorced which has noting to do with his PM job & who gives a fuck anyway altho i am curious in the seperation agreement which provinces does Sophie Gregoire get ?

In Pierre's memoirs (a great read IMO about > Margret) he mentioned Margret not at all

Jan. 22, 2021, 10:09 p.m.

You just found out about this now?

Jan. 22, 2021, 10:41 p.m.

The problem comes from that mindset is that one of the two parties we are allowed to vote for, who are owned by the donor-class, will be better than the other.

They are one and the fucking same.

Jan. 23, 2021, 7:26 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

The problem comes from that mindset is that one of the two parties we are allowed to vote for, who are owned by the donor-class, will be better than the other.

Pretty sure there are three or four parties

Jan. 24, 2021, 8:53 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: ReductiMat

Pretty sure there are three or four parties

I’m referring to the parties who have held power in the last 150 years.