Trudeau

April 2, 2019, 7:20 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

If you didn't want to hear the answer why did you ask?  It really doesn't matter if you started using coal to power your new jacked-up Hummer, the province overall did reduce emissions and if you don't use much gas the tax break you receive more than offsets the extra expense.  I commute to Burnaby from Squamish so I am sure I am affected more than you and I still support it because this isn't really about me.  I will be dead by the time the serious shit hits the fan.

I have not been following this at all because I suspect it will just make me mad.

Is there clear policy that states where this money will go?

April 2, 2019, 7:22 p.m.

I don't doubt that illegal money has had an impact on our economy, although I am not sure how you can claim to know that it was significant.  I also don't know how that relates to a carbon tax.

We've had this dance in another thread.  Bare-trust loopholes that our current provincial government seems to have finally done something about.

Here's to hoping.

Until then, any number you see on this topic is served by self-serving interests.

April 2, 2019, 8:56 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: XXX_er

Well think about her reputation, she not only records a convo ( and what more did we learn from that anyway?) which is frowned upon by the Canadian bar association and the law society of Ontario but is then not smart enough to keep her mouth shut, so after she is unceremoniously booted from liberal caucus on wednesday any body/any lawyer ( lawyers talk to other Lawyers on the phone A LOT ) who ever calls JWR will be wondering if they are being recorded, so its pretty much doing something really untrustworthy in your proffession and telling everyone you are not to be trusted ... just the last instalment of suckage in the game she signed up for

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-caucus-wilson-raybould-philpott-1.5079404

and BTW the recording is pretty much a clear sign to caucus she is NOT a liberal team player and will get the boot

So what you're saying is that if it came down to a literal, "He-Said/She-Said" scenario, you would throw up your hands and say, "This is a terrible situation and we cannot know the truth, therefore we should take the case on its merit's alone", correct?

(Psssst, ya actually did the opposite of that

Well think about her reputation, she not only records a convo ( and what more did we learn from that anyway?) which is frowned upon by the Canadian bar association and the law society of Ontario but is then not smart enough to keep her mouth shut, so after she is unceremoniously booted from liberal caucus on wednesday any body/any lawyer ( lawyers talk to other Lawyers on the phone A LOT ) who ever calls JWR will be wondering if they are being recorded, so its pretty much doing something really untrustworthy in your proffession and telling everyone you are not to be trusted ... just the last instalment of suckage in the game she signed up for

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-caucus-wilson-raybould-philpott-1.5079404

and BTW the recording is pretty much a clear sign to caucus she is NOT a liberal team player and will get the boot

So what you're saying is that if it came down to a literal, "He-Said/She-Said" scenario, you would throw up your hands and say, "This is a terrible situation and we cannot know the truth, therefore we should take the case on its merit's alone", correct?

(Psssst, ya actually did the opposite of that)

No, this is just the situation that IS, so what interests me is really the political drama that has broke out since  SNC Lavalen story broke, I'm saying holy fuck are they really doing that, I'm really not concerned about the right or wrong of it. The twists n turns the political naivete,  the political suicide  of the jody & jane story are what makes the whole cluster fuck interesting for me, and again I am not a large L Liberal

April 2, 2019, 9:03 p.m.

No, this is just the situation that IS, so what interests me is really the political drama that has broke out since  SNC Lavalen story broke, I'm saying holy fuck are they really doing that, I'm really not concerned about the right or wrong of it. The twists n turns the political naivete,  the political suicide  of the jody & jane story are what makes the whole cluster fuck interesting for me, and again I am not a large L Liberal

I took your attacks on JWR and your apologies for the LPC incorrectly then.

April 2, 2019, 9:20 p.m.

What you might consider an attack on JWR is actualy  "holy fuck is she really doing that?"

What Apologies for the Liberal party you have somehow surmised I really can not imagine

Again, I just consider it all just the best political intrigue one can hope for

I and all my leaf liking buds vote for the candidate up here NOT the party

so either Nathan Cullen federally or Doug Donaldson provincially which both happen to be NDP

April 3, 2019, 9:25 a.m.

If you didn't want to hear the answer why did you ask?  It really doesn't matter if you started using coal to power your new jacked-up Hummer, the province overall did reduce emissions and if you don't use much gas the tax break you receive more than offsets the extra expense.  I commute to Burnaby from Squamish so I am sure I am affected more than you and I still support it because this isn't really about me.  I will be dead by the time the serious shit hits the fan.

I have not been following this at all because I suspect it will just make me mad.

Is there clear policy that states where this money will go?

There was when it started I believe but it was probably been watered down since.  Too lazy to research it.  Of course, there are always ways to game that idea anyway since the government could just increase taxes somewhere else and each new government will do what it wants but we need to act now and our emissions were reduced.  I would support a carbon tax whether it was neutral or not.

July 5, 2019, 11:31 p.m.

Is Justin Trudeau a racist? 

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/07/05/trudeaus-anti-palestinianism/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 9, 2019, 8:18 p.m.

Justin Trudeau’s government does not even talk the talk, let alone walk the walk when it comes to ending the threat of nuclear annihilation.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/08/09/trudeaus-nukes/

Aug. 9, 2019, 8:46 p.m.

C’mon, we don’t even have any skin in the game.

Aug. 9, 2019, 10:38 p.m.

We could unleash our CANDU reactors on the world!

Aug. 9, 2019, 11:56 p.m.

Haven't you already?

Oct. 18, 2019, 8:18 p.m.

If Barack Obama truly cared about endorsing a progressive economic leader, or even a leader of colour just like him, he could have chosen Jagmeet Singh of the left-wing New Democratic Party. But he didn’t.

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/FsFvaP

Last edited by: tungsten on Oct. 18, 2019, 8:18 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 19, 2019, 8:19 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

If Barack Obama truly cared about endorsing a progressive economic leader, or even a leader of colour just like him, he could have chosen Jagmeet Singh of the left-wing New Democratic Party. But he didn’t.

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/FsFvaP

Obama wasn’t a progressive, he represented progress.  A endorsement of the NDP would make no sense at all for him or any Democrat president.

Oct. 19, 2019, 11:10 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Obama wasn’t a progressive, he represented progress.

Yeah, progress. Progress of the kind we're all too familiar with.

He deported staggering numbers of immigrants, let Wall Street criminals off the hook, failed to take on (and now proudly boasts of support for) the fossil fuel industry, sold over $100 billion in arms to the brutal Saudi government, killed American citizens with drones (and then made sickening jokes about it), killed lots more non-American citizens with drones (including Yemenis going to a wedding) and then misled the public about it, promised ‘the most transparent administration ever’ and then was ‘worse than Nixon’ in his paranoia about leakers, pushed a market-friendly health care plan based on conservative premises instead of aiming for single-payer, and showered Israel with both public support and military aid even as it systematically violated the human rights of Palestinians.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/lets-not-whitewash-or-mythologize-obama/

I mean, he was (half) black. So there's that.

Last edited by: tungsten on Oct. 19, 2019, 11:12 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Oct. 20, 2019, 3:29 p.m.

Anyone see “lock him up” with their morning coffee. I would’ve hoped as Canadians we would have a little more class then to stoop to that shit.  Even Sheer looked embarrassed.