Trudeau

April 1, 2019, 8:18 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I was not moved by that phone call in either direction. If that was the intense pressure she endured on her decision, she might need to have a safe space installed at her next job. If anything I was amazed at how bad Wernick was at pressuring her.

Well think about her reputation, she not only records a convo ( and what more did we learn from that anyway?) which is frowned upon by the Canadian bar association and the law society of Ontario but is then not smart enough to keep her mouth shut, so after she is unceremoniously booted from liberal caucus on wednesday any body/any lawyer ( lawyers talk to other Lawyers on the phone A LOT ) who ever calls JWR will be wondering if they are being recorded, so its pretty much doing something really untrustworthy in your proffession and telling everyone you are not to be trusted ... just the last instalment of suckage in the game she signed up for

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-caucus-wilson-raybould-philpott-1.5079404

and BTW the recording is pretty much a clear sign to caucus she is NOT a liberal team player and will get the boot

Last edited by: XXX_er on April 1, 2019, 8:35 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 1, 2019, 9:18 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Chup, how has the carbon tax worked in BC?

Best economy in Canada, and emissions down 15%.  At least that's what was reported on the national news...

April 2, 2019, 9:25 a.m.

^Oh yes; the revenue neutral carbon tax. 

100% I haven’t reduced anything. Life has just gotten more expensive for myself. I offset this by driving myself to work a few extra times per year.

If you didn't want to hear the answer why did you ask?  It really doesn't matter if you started using coal to power your new jacked-up Hummer, the province overall did reduce emissions and if you don't use much gas the tax break you receive more than offsets the extra expense.  I commute to Burnaby from Squamish so I am sure I am affected more than you and I still support it because this isn't really about me.  I will be dead by the time the serious shit hits the fan.

April 2, 2019, 9:30 a.m.

I will be dead by the time the serious shit hits the fan.

I wouldn't be so sure.

April 2, 2019, 9:32 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

I was not moved by that phone call in either direction. If that was the intense pressure she endured on her decision, she might need to have a safe space installed at her next job. If anything I was amazed at how bad Wernick was at pressuring her.

Well think about her reputation, she not only records a convo ( and what more did we learn from that anyway?) which is frowned upon by the Canadian bar association and the law society of Ontario but is then not smart enough to keep her mouth shut, so after she is unceremoniously booted from liberal caucus on wednesday any body/any lawyer ( lawyers talk to other Lawyers on the phone A LOT ) who ever calls JWR will be wondering if they are being recorded, so its pretty much doing something really untrustworthy in your proffession and telling everyone you are not to be trusted ... just the last instalment of suckage in the game she signed up for

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-caucus-wilson-raybould-philpott-1.5079404

and BTW the recording is pretty much a clear sign to caucus she is NOT a liberal team player and will get the boot

She is snowflake for sure, and the irony is that this "scandal" has taken all the energy away from what we should really do with SNC.

April 2, 2019, 11:30 a.m.

100% I haven’t reduced anything. Life has just gotten more expensive for myself. I offset this by driving myself to work a few extra times per year.

If you didn't want to hear the answer why did you ask?  It really doesn't matter if you started using coal to power your new jacked-up Hummer, the province overall did reduce emissions and if you don't use much gas the tax break you receive more than offsets the extra expense.  I commute to Burnaby from Squamish so I am sure I am affected more than you and I still support it because this isn't really about me.  I will be dead by the time the serious shit hits the fan.

So we’re in agreement that the bestest way to fight climate change is by buying an oil pipeline nationally and provincially pandering to Natural Gas companies? 

Take away all illegal moneys entering BC and even Canada in the past decade and we aren’t nearly as booming an economy as media would liek us to believe. 

My next home project is tree removal and feasibility of roof mounted solar collection system paired to Tesla Battery Packs.

April 2, 2019, 1:25 p.m.

So we’re in agreement that the bestest way to fight climate change is by buying an oil pipeline nationally and provincially pandering to Natural Gas companies? 

Take away all illegal moneys entering BC and even Canada in the past decade and we aren’t nearly as booming an economy as media would liek us to believe. 

My next home project is tree removal and feasibility of roof mounted solar collection system paired to Tesla Battery Packs.

Nope, that is stupid and they were just kissing Alberta's ass.  The Liberals can simultaneously have both good and bad ideas, and the carbon tax is a good idea no matter who proposes it.

I don't doubt that illegal money has had an impact on our economy, although I am not sure how you can claim to know that it was significant.  I also don't know how that relates to a carbon tax.

Cool.  I have been looking at electric cars, but they don't quite cut it for the distance I drive, or at least not the ones I can afford.

April 2, 2019, 1:36 p.m.

I have a buddy in a bank compliance dept who has been telling me about the laundered money coming in from china for the last 15yrs, sez any bank can run a report to tell you how much came in and when I have heard the figure of 2 billion

Last edited by: XXX_er on April 2, 2019, 1:43 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 2, 2019, 2:14 p.m.

Cool.  I have been looking at electric cars, but they don't quite cut it for the distance I drive, or at least not the ones I can afford.

Just buy a hybrid. My new Ioniq now got 524k's on the OD and more than a 1/4 tank left. Or hedge your bets get the plug-in for like 2-3 g's more you can do all your running around squish without ever burning a drop.

April 2, 2019, 3:05 p.m.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-wilson-raybould-philpott-caucus-1.5080880

voted off the island so she can no longer run as a liberal

she can always run as an independent

it doesnt really say if philpot is also history

I been hearing this will happen from a high up back room type I met more than a week ago

April 2, 2019, 3:18 p.m.

Just listening to this and they are both out.

April 2, 2019, 7:15 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Was there an LPC Climate Plan?

Not a great one seeing as they kissed Alberta's ass on the tar sands but the carbon tax is a positive step that we know works from our experience here in BC.  So yes they do, and no, your usual insinuation that they are one and the same is not factual.  If Scheer wins he would be the PM until what, 2023?  There is going to be a lot of movement globally on climate change in the short term and the conservatives are our worst hope to actively join that fight.

You didn't answer my question, was there an LPC Climate Plan?

I am not going to google it, because it will likely only give me the rage of some Washington mother driving in the left hand lane on the S2S.

April 2, 2019, 7:18 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

So what you're saying is that if it came down to a literal, "He-Said/She-Said" scenario, you would throw up your hands and say, "This is a terrible situation and we cannot know the truth, therefore we should take the case on its merit's alone", correct?

(Psssst, ya actually did the opposite of that)

April 2, 2019, 7:19 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Best economy in Canada, and emissions down 15%.  At least that's what was reported on the national news...

Which peer reviewed journal was this published in?

April 2, 2019, 7:20 p.m.

I have not been following this at all because I suspect it will just make me mad.

Is there clear policy that states where this money will go?